Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Aug 29, 2020 at 7:20 AM Post #556 of 2,518
The tube are NOT user replaceable. You need to send the DAP back to factory.

The Player looks really promissing to me, but as i live in Europe this fact is a deal breaker for me. Even if the tube is not user replaceable, the tube should be replaceable by my local dealer or the european distributor. I think in some time these players with broken tubes will be very cheap on the used market ... .

Aug 29, 2020 at 8:58 AM Post #557 of 2,518
The Player looks really promissing to me, but as i live in Europe this fact is a deal breaker for me. Even if the tube is not user replaceable, the tube should be replaceable by my local dealer or the european distributor. I think in some time these players with broken tubes will be very cheap on the used market ... .
It is a bit of a worry to me too. I wouldn't buy a guitar amp with non-replacable tubes. The lifespan is more than enough by the sound of it but what if you drop your device?

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:18 AM Post #558 of 2,518

First of all, the JAN6418 are not user replaceable, unlike the vacuum tubes in desktop amplifier where you have tube socket in place and users can replace the tube or perform tube rolling, these miniature tubes are carefully fitted inside a shock-absorption silicon housing and hard wired to the PCB via flex cable, so you can't replace them directly nor roll the tubes freely.

However we didn't rule out the possibility to repair the player by factory approved technician. As of today, US and Germany dealers have helped us to certify local technician to conduct repair work: we provide the schematic and material, they repair our products locally. The Germany technician even takes up repair assignment within EU, not just Germany.

However we can't guarantee that factory approved technician will be available in your country. so we cannot promise this service at this stage,

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 29, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #559 of 2,518
It is not user replaceable, but we didn't rule out the possibility to repair the player by factory approved technician. As of today, US and Germany dealers have helped us to certify local technician to conduct repair work: we provide the schematic and material, they repair our products locally. The Germany technician even takes up repair assignment within EU, not just Germany.

However we can't guarantee that factory approved technician will be available in your country. so we cannot promise this service at this stage,

Good news, i´m in again! :)

Aug 29, 2020 at 9:45 AM Post #560 of 2,518
It is not user replaceable, but we didn't rule out the possibility to repair the player by factory approved technician. As of today, US and Germany dealers have helped us to certify local technician to conduct repair work: we provide the schematic and material, they repair our products locally. The Germany technician even takes up repair assignment within EU, not just Germany.

May I ask which dealers exactly in German and US to have certified technicians to assists in warranty repair works ? It would be good to know, since they care so much, buying directly would result in a faster handling time, should the repair works needed to be handled

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:39 AM Post #561 of 2,518
Since I listen on average an hour per day, before going to bed. Then, this tube could theoretically last about 80-130 years. :D Longer than the battery perhaps

Aug 29, 2020 at 11:51 AM Post #562 of 2,518
Silly question, where does one buy this player in the US? I've googled a little and only found listings on eBay for pre-orders from Spain and Australia...
(Not even sure if I want one right now, I bought another DAP only a few months ago...)

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:46 PM Post #563 of 2,518
May I ask which dealers exactly in German and US to have certified technicians to assists in warranty repair works ? It would be good to know, since they care so much, buying directly would result in a faster handling time, should the repair works needed to be handled

MusicTeck helped us to line up repair service in US.

We only have one dealer in Germany but we signed up with the technician directly so that we can direct all EU repair request to him. I had meet with the technician last May when we were in Munich for High-End show, a very straight-up engineer with decades of experience in electronic repair and custom amplifier construction.

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #564 of 2,518

Aug 29, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #565 of 2,518
Aug 29, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #566 of 2,518
You can read Chinese? :beerchug:

Hong Kong dealer sold 200 units in one day, and Japan dealer sold out their first order, 100 units, within 4 hours.

Looks like the niche market is bigger then we anticipated.

1598632236254.png
Hi Andy,

I just ordered mine yesterday in Hong Kong. This is a hot item. I'm the 1st batch customer will receive the nice leather case. Cool!

Cheers,
Billy

Aug 30, 2020 at 4:06 AM Post #567 of 2,518
5EEAC20F-1925-45DE-AFDF-2199E467CB8E.jpeg
Auditioned N3Pro in Hong Kong today, albeit a short one. Really like the Triode mode, its warm sounding vocal, and the resonance entails.

The ultralinear mode rendered the music more sharp.

Did hear what Alex @twister6 called “waterfall” sound in the quieter songs. (I used a rather sensitive VE EVE20) like in Agnes Obel’s The Curse (Berlin Session).

The UI is rudimentary but to someone who comes from using Cowon like me, I think it is enough. The UI is rather smooth to play with using my 256GB Micro-SD. Switching between Tirode and Ultralinear is very easy.

Like the form factor and look of N3Pro, especially the gold buttons. The light of the tubes oozes class, I give you that!

The green case is gorgeous except, as some fellow HFer here has mentioned earlier, the slogan in Comic Sans italics is really not my cup of Cha. Ok I can do without the case.....

Well done Cayin! All units were sold in Hong Kong and @Andykong please ask the lads to produce more!

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 12:08 PM Post #568 of 2,518
the slogan in Comic Sans italics
Cayin is like the Joker of DAP-makers currently out there I think :) They're so good

j4b6SKQEV5nhgqLlNDm1kVTj5j3NZhIGJH88rWDWsFChOpW2gWwjBTEV7Pr6PL_Haqdn2-rV6dBA6Y0_9R_knlugC69pUw_aW996TJ5p-5IW7PWNk3NEtpAXjfJfAAAcdNifLUF5iVtQhmgWAlhj4U8MZA7_I6Qn6iE

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2020 at 6:52 PM Post #569 of 2,518
Are the two tube modes pure tube output, or is one of them a hybrid of SS and tube?
I'm just wondering how the tube output would compare to say something like the little bear B4 X.

Aug 30, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #570 of 2,518

Users who are viewing this thread

Back