Cayin N3Pro DAP: Dual AK4493 and MQA with Vacuum Tube
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #67 of 2,518
How does the cayin n6ii stands now? This is replacing it?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:30 PM Post #69 of 2,518
i don't think so as N6ii is Android-based DAP with replaceable motherboards and N3pro is looking Cayin OS dap with tubes

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:32 PM Post #70 of 2,518
seems more like the step down based on the pricing. the tubes in this dont seem to be particularly fancy. I think they were used in a few entry level portable "tube" amps most notably the elekit tu-hp01. never had any experience with those tho
i don't think so as N6ii is Android-based DAP with replaceable motherboards and N3pro is looking Cayin OS dap with tubes

You know this dap reminds me the mini-me cayin N8 hehe it employs the exact same idea!

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #71 of 2,518
What about a follow up to the N3 in the same budget price?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:45 PM Post #72 of 2,518
Of course not. They are completely different DAPs - the n6ii is Android-based, supports streaming, has replaceable motherboard and technically has better specs. That's why it costs more than double what the n3pro will. What the n3pro is more of a mid-ranger with the added novelty of the tube integration. With that said, Cayin are really taking a risk with this one as the mid-range competition is seriously crazy and the likes of hiby r6, shanling m6, fiio m11, ibasso dx160, sony zx500, etc. all provide Android, big touch screens and streaming, so Cayin really needed think what sacrifices they can make to price this competitively as even if it sounds amazing, the general "audiophile" consumer nowadays can't live without streaming

Last edited:
Jul 31, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #73 of 2,518
Of course not. They are completely different DAPs - the n6ii is Android-based, supports streaming, has replaceable motherboard and technically has better specs. That's why it costs more than double what the n3pro will. What the n3pro is more of a mid-ranger with the added novelty of the tube integration. With that said, Cayin are really taking a risk with this one as the mid-range competition is seriously crazy and the likes of hiby r6, shanling m6, fiio m11, ibasso dx160, sony zx500, etc. all provide Android, big touch screens and streaming, so Cayin really needed think what sacrifices they can make to price this competitively as even if it sounds amazing, the general "audiphile" consumer nowadays can't live without streaming
I don’t get the obsession with streaming when it comes to DAPs. I thought one of the advantages of standalone DAPS was that there was none of the interference that phones can suffer from. But if you start using WiFi/Bluetooth etc, aren’t you reintroducing a lot of that noise?

Jul 31, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #74 of 2,518
Of course not. They are completely different DAPs - the n6ii is Android-based, supports streaming, has replaceable motherboard and technically has better specs. That's why it costs more than double what the n3pro will. What the n3pro is more of a mid-ranger with the added novelty of the tube integration. With that said, Cayin are really taking a risk with this one as the mid-range competition is seriously crazy and the likes of hiby r6, shanling m6, fiio m11, ibasso dx160, sony zx500, etc. all provide Android, big touch screens and streaming, so Cayin really needed think what sacrifices they can make to price this competitively as even if it sounds amazing, the general "audiphile" consumer nowadays can't live without streaming
Let's hope it will be possible to add streming services like A&K doing it.

Jul 31, 2020 at 1:10 PM Post #75 of 2,518
I don’t get the obsession with streaming when it comes to DAPs. I thought one of the advantages of standalone DAPS was that there was none of the interference that phones can suffer from. But if you start using WiFi/Bluetooth etc, aren’t you reintroducing a lot of that noise?
See the post just under yours. That's what I'm talking about. Personally, I don't care about streaming and I don't care about Android on DAPs, especially with the old Android versions and super entry-level SoCs all manufacturers are using. But let's face it, the majority of users nowadays can't live without streaming, especially the younger generation, so that's what manufacturers are doing. While DAPs like the N8, the Lotoo Paw Gold, L&P LP6, Sony WM1Z can get away with it as their price makes them niche anyway, the entry and mi-range market is entirely different.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back