Cayin N30LE DAP: A Transformative Milestone (30th Anniv. Limited Edition)
Aug 11, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #241 of 2,358
As lovely as this explanation is, I feel the same superior JFET should have been used on both version and leave the matching of headphones and IEMs and cable combination to your users while noting that the uptimum performance you have tested is only based on the AP version... so I feel like even after buying 3 top end DAPs from Cayin in fairly rapid succession I still don't have the best they have to offer in DAP!!! That's disappointing 😞
My 30cents
But sadly those superior JFET are limited in number too and already discontinued so even if they want to put it on both version, they can't. Maybe it'll be better for us if they only make 99 pcs N30LE with the best possible hardware and no collab with UM instead IMHO

Aug 11, 2023 at 3:21 AM Post #242 of 2,358
Personally I don't feel betrayed like some others in here.

Andy could have been more specific, but he did say
The serial number will be engraved differently.
The leather case will be marked differently
The packing box will print the model number explicity.

That's about it for external different. Give me a few day, I'll collect all the photo to illustrate the different between the two versons of N30LE.
The bold part implies there is more that's not external.

He also said he'd need a few days to illustrate differences. Claiming that Cayin tries to deceive customers here is way over the top imo. (Especially since the release is in over two weeks)

That being said, it seems like a real bad idea to release two different limited edition DAPs at the same time.

If one were regular and the other a limited with different parts all would be good.
Those that aim for the limited edition usually want "the best".
From Marketing speech it seems to be the Amber Pearl. If that is now locked behind the IEM bundle many won't buy the N30LE at all, since the standalone Version isn't "the best" and the bundle is priced out if reach.
Many of us don't settle for 2nd choices. (That's why I still don't own a ZMF)

Yes the existence of the Amber Pearl doesn't make the N30LE any worse, it's still an incredible DAP, but at least to Western customers I feel like this has negative impact on regular N30LE sales.

The better way would probably have been to release the Amber Pearl Version now and the regular N30LE later as a slightly adjusted Version, in order to make it more attainable

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 4:02 AM Post #243 of 2,358
20230811_141751.jpg
20230811_155645.jpg

Speaker Amp demonstration with 30th Anniversary Integrated Amp.

20230811_141900.jpg

N30LE and N7 on display

20230811_141956.jpg

Desktop Tube Headphone Amp on the right, and N30LE Amber Pearl on the left.

More random photos
20230811_142655.jpg

20230811_150447.jpg

20230811_150722.jpg

20230811_150408.jpg

20230811_142913.jpg

20230811_143613.jpg

The show will last for 3 days, there are some early impressions on local Chinese forums and social media groups, let's hope there will be some impressions shared on the HeadFi forum.

Cayin and UM are represented by the same dealer in HK, and our booth are back to back to each other, so audition with other UM IEMs are feasible.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 11, 2023 at 4:14 AM Post #244 of 2,358
Screenshot_20230811-101255.jpg

Make it a headamp. Reminds of the Wa33 Design.

Looks gorgeous!

Aug 11, 2023 at 5:41 AM Post #246 of 2,358
Forgot to included the Amber Pearl IEM video in my explanation post

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Aug 11, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #248 of 2,358
A few years back, not many DAPs cost over $1500. Thank god I don’t have a budget to spend $5k on a TOTL DAP. I draw that line at $3000. Regardless, congrats on 30th year anniversary and the N30LE looks gorgeous and impressive.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #249 of 2,358
A few years back, any DAPs costing over $1000 is a rarity compared to now. Thank god I don’t have a budget to spend $5k on a TOTL DAP. I draw that line at $3000. Regardless, congrats on 30th year anniversary and the N30LE looks gorgeous and impressive.
2010 Flagship headphones were priced at $1k
Not nice but it is what it is.

I do however feel that DAP performance improved tremendously in the last decade.

Also don't forget this is a low quantity limited product that can't be produced and sold to the same conditions as products with bigger quantities.

Aug 11, 2023 at 7:57 AM Post #250 of 2,358

I do however feel that DAP performance improved tremendously in the last decade.

Also don't forget this is a low quantity limited product that can't be produced and sold to the same conditions as products with bigger quantities.
Oh I get it interm of the audio advancement. I have the DX320Max and Sony 1ZM2 myself so I understand but it’s amazing that the demand is there for such expensive items. When I first joined this site here in 2021 (yes, I am old), the Ety 4s was the most expensive earphones available and people were complaining about its $299 price tag back then too.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 9:47 AM Post #251 of 2,358
And with a little patience we would have learned everything about the
technical differences from LE and AP DAP anyway in the next few days from Andykong I think, only everything
would have been much calmer and more relaxed, without negative vibrations On the part of some Headfier .

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 10:10 AM Post #252 of 2,358
Like watching a friendly robot deal with smart, spoilt children lol. Children that it wouldn't/couldn't raise properly.
Audio companies might take legit problems a little more seriously, and be a little more ethical, if they didn't have to deal with this nonsense every other day. I bet JDS labs never has to hear this sorta malarky. The K.I.S.S. method defeats it.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:13 AM Post #253 of 2,358

Another way of seeing it is how little our money is worth today. Inflation across all fields and in some more than 10x so it kind of is natural that this has huge numbers behind the price tags. Not trying to excuse the prices, but can actually see where they are coming from and why they are what they are.
Partially we are also to blame for being willing to shell out for such expensive products.
Personally I am very glad there are still members in our community who not only can afford this but actually demand for products like these. And are willing to pay these prices(for me 1000euro is limit) Advances in total territory will eventually trickle down to more affordable products aswell improving the whole industry.

Aug 11, 2023 at 11:27 AM Post #254 of 2,358
Another way of seeing it is how little our money is worth today. Inflation across all fields and in some more than 10x so it kind of is natural that this has huge numbers behind the price tags. Not trying to excuse the prices, but can actually see where they are coming from and why they are what they are.
Partially we are also to blame for being willing to shell out for such expensive products.
Personally I am very glad there are still members in our community who not only can afford this but actually demand for products like these. And are willing to pay these prices(for me 1000euro is limit) Advances in total territory will eventually trickle down to more affordable products aswell improving the whole industry.
I share a similar view. I'm glad that Products like this exist and companies want to do them instead of only the mass produced cheaper products that actually earn them money.

Research and Development costs are crazy nowadays. You need Millions to develop something like the N30LE and despite the high pricetag, I'm inclined to believe that they won't break even with the N30LE earnings.
They will most likely start to earn from that investment with later products that benefitted from all the RnD that went into the N30LE.

Last edited:
Aug 11, 2023 at 11:30 AM Post #255 of 2,358
These whole things about internal hardware differences between bundled and non-bundled N30LE really kill my enthusiasm to get one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back