Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150
Mar 7, 2018 at 10:33 AM Post #5,401 of 6,262
Amazing sound quality but I'm afraid it drains the battery a bit fast, I calculated and I won't get more than 7h-8h with mid gain no more than 30/100 volume.

I get about 12 hours with that scenario except between 30 and 40 with some headphones.

Mar 7, 2018 at 10:52 AM Post #5,402 of 6,262
I get about 12 hours with that scenario except between 30 and 40 with some headphones.

That is my concern, maybe you are lucky and get a perfect unit, I wasn't hoping the max. but an average of 10 hours, what I saw yesterday and this morning I highly doubt. I will wait until two or three cycles of charge and see what happens.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:08 AM Post #5,403 of 6,262
That is my concern, maybe you are lucky and get a perfect unit, I wasn't hoping the max. but an average of 10 hours, what I saw yesterday and this morning I highly doubt. I will wait until two or three cycles of charge and see what happens.

I have had mine for 6 months. It is the red one which I believe was introduced after the black and cyan. A month previous I had purchased the cyan one which had issues with the power button Exchanged it in early September. Neither came with a dead battery but I did fully charge before use. I then did the recommended full discharge followed by full recarge a couple of times. Now I just recharge when convenient...usually when it is beteen 10 and 30%...sometimes sooner.

Mar 7, 2018 at 11:18 AM Post #5,404 of 6,262
I have had mine for 6 months. It is the red one which I believe was introduced after the black and cyan. A month previous I had purchased the cyan one which had issues with the power button Exchanged it in early September. Neither came with a dead battery but I did fully charge before use. I then did the recommended full discharge followed by full recarge a couple of times. Now I just recharge when convenient...usually when it is beteen 10 and 30%...sometimes sooner.

Thank you very much for the explanations.

Mar 7, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #5,405 of 6,262
Yesterday I received mine. I'll like to ask if from factory they came with battery charged or which % more or less? Mine came totally drained, I imagine that could be an "old" stock but I realized some strange behaviour with % of battery, first showed 100% I reconnected then 0%...I left and finally charged until 100%.I updated the firmware to v3.0.

Amazing sound quality but I'm afraid it drains the battery a bit fast, I calculated and I won't get more than 7h-8h with mid gain no more than 30/100 volume.
I would return it if you can. That was how mine arrived and although it could play 13 hours on a single charge, the battery drained from 100% to 0% in about 5-6 days if I turned it off completely and didn't use it. Lithium batteries should be charged to around 40 or 50% if they are going to be left in storage for any length of time. If they are stored completely flat, they will deteriorate and you have no way of knowing how long that battery had been sitting in a warehouse at 0%.

Last edited:
Mar 7, 2018 at 1:12 PM Post #5,406 of 6,262
I would return it if you can. That was how mine arrived and although it could play 13 hours on a single charge, the battery drained from 100% to 0% in about 5-6 days if I turned it off completely and didn't use it. Lithium batteries should be charged to around 40 or 50% if they are going to be left in storage for any length of time. If they are stored completely flat, they will deteriorate and you have no way of knowing how long that battery had been sitting in a warehouse at 0%.

Lucky you that could reach more than adversited hours!! What you've done, exchange for another one?

Mar 7, 2018 at 1:33 PM Post #5,407 of 6,262
Lucky you that could reach more than adversited hours!! What you've done, exchange for another one?
I only sent it back a few days ago so I don't have a replacement or repair yet. I kept it for 10 months trying to ignore the problem but finally thought I should sort it out before the warranty expired. Yes, getting 13 hours was nice but it is of little use if the battery drains 20% a day when you're not even using it.

Mar 8, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #5,408 of 6,262
Hiby Link still closes when establishing a connection to OnePlus 1 with LOS 7.1.2, Oneplus 5 with stock firmware, Nexus 7 2013 with LOS 7.1.2.
But it works well with XiaoMi RedMi Note 4x Global Version.
Maybe its a problem with Android 7.xx.xx or LOS with some phones.

It still doesn't work on my devices dispite various versions of firmware from cayin and the Android devices I have. Even the hibbylink app has another versions and it still doesn't work.
I don't know what to do anymore

Mar 8, 2018 at 12:53 PM Post #5,409 of 6,262
It still doesn't work on my devices dispite various versions of firmware from cayin and the Android devices I have. Even the hibbylink app has another versions and it still doesn't work.
I don't know what to do anymore
I use hiby music app and hibylink between my cayin n3 and my OnePlus5 (Oxygen OS OB05, Android 8.0.0) and it works normally, yeah sometimes I got a few crashes of the Hiby app, but I think that's the poorly written app itself, since I use the beta version that actually breaks more things that it adds

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:01 PM Post #5,410 of 6,262
I use hiby music app and hibylink between my cayin n3 and my OnePlus5 (Oxygen OS OB05, Android 8.0.0) and it works normally, yeah sometimes I got a few crashes of the Hiby app, but I think that's the poorly written app itself, since I use the beta version that actually breaks more things that it adds

This is driving me insane as i really want this feature working.

I also noted that i got the same force close (app suddenly stoped working android message) when i try to connect to dropbox on the hibby music app.

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:09 PM Post #5,411 of 6,262
I found the source of my problem uppong the hibby music app closing uppon connecting to hibbylink.

Its the Hibby Music language !!!!

It was set to my default language that's portuguese and now i've tred it setting to english and now it works.

Please correct the HibbyMusic app to work with other languagues expect english. I mean the HibbyMusic app and not the android settings language. It now works!!

YEY!!! I'm so happy now.

Mar 8, 2018 at 5:45 PM Post #5,412 of 6,262
I found the source of my problem uppong the hibby music app closing uppon connecting to hibbylink.

Its the Hibby Music language !!!!

It was set to my default language that's portuguese and now i've tred it setting to english and now it works.
Yeah, that makes sense since I habe english as my default language in mi phone.
Please correct the HibbyMusic app to work with other languagues expect english. I mean the HibbyMusic app and not the android settings language. It now works!!

YEY!!! I'm so happy now.

I think that's not Cayin's fault or job, it's Hiby's and they have a nonexistent costumer support, even the app has a thread here in head-fi, and nobody from Hiby answers ever.

Mar 9, 2018 at 5:25 AM Post #5,414 of 6,262

Users who are viewing this thread

Back