1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin N3 Hi-Res DAP with AKM4490 DAC, apt-X Bluetooth, and Line, USB & Coax Out for $150

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Jan 31, 2017.
Tags:
First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last
  1. Detectit
    My Cyan Cayin N3 is on it's way. Always listened music on the HTC 10 which was OK.
    Now with the U11 it's a step backwards. So a DAP is welcome then. Hope it will top a HTC 10. I guess it will.

Was planning to buy a Fiio X5II but after seeing and reading all the reviews. The N3 is the best bang for the buck.

And the HiBy feature looks like it's awesome, this way you can make it a streaming device in combination with the smartphone. Very clever. No need to pay 300 dollar+ to get Wifi capabilities.

Going to listen on the Momentum. And ordered the HD650 and Amp it with the Topping Nx4.
    Can't wait until it arrives all.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2017
  2. CayinSupport
    Glad to hear you have solved your problem!

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  3. CayinSupport
    Can you describe your playback condition in more detail?
    Playback mode: Sequential playback of a complete folder? Shuffle playback of all song?
    File Format: all songs in one format? mixtures of different PCM format with different resolution? mixtures of PCM and DSD format with different resolution?
    Condition of the Pop sound: happen in every song? happen when change a folder under folder playback?

Any additional detail to help us understand your playback condition will help us to identify the cause of the pop sound, and then we can determine whether that is resolvable.

4. CayinSupport
    Sorry to know that you have hissing problem with your IEMs. The SE535 is super sensitive, so not surprised that you can hear background noise at time, if this only happen at very quiet passage or when no music is playing, and you can't hear the hissing during regular music playback, then that can be consider normal. Hissing in IE80 is unexpected.

How obvious are the background hissing with IE80? Same audiable level as SE535?

5. someyoungguy
    Wait, you're going to limit the ability to put EQ on the digital out? I just discovered the N3 last week and have been seriously researching it with the intention of buying - I have a Mojo and am looking for a good portable source, so I'm basically your target market. The N3 has great reviews and looks like it has all the features I need. The problem with the Mojo is that it's a bit light on bass, so I'm really keen on a source device that can apply EQ to the outgoing digital signal. At the moment I just use my phone, but would prefer a dedicated device (to have greater storage, and due to some ongoing problems with my phone dropping the audio out).

But if you get rid of the ability to EQ the digital out the N3 just won't cut it anymore for me! I don't understand why you would get rid of this function?

6. colburnbri
    I am loving the HiByMusic app for the N3! But since this is a beta version, who do we contact with issues?
    Here are several issues I am experiencing...
    * At random times, I am presented with the Android Location Services asking me to turn on locations? Why does this keep popping up? Why is location necessary for a music app?
    * When the N3 is on a screen other than the Now Playing screen, the phone will not update it's album artwork, until the N3 is returned to the Now Playing screen. This also happens when album art is turned off on the N3.
    * Would like the ability to delete a track from HiByMusic

7. lisq199
    Thanks for the reply. The hissing with IE80 is definitely less obvious than with SE535, but it's still very noticeable and can get annoying sometimes.
    To put things into perspective, the hissing of my Cayin N3's output is a lot louder than my iPhone, because I cannot hear any hiss with my IE80.

8. Joe Bloggs Contributor
    1. Location info is necessary for BLE Bluetooth devices, which use GPS to detect nearby devices and power on only then. BLE support is planned but not yet finished in implementation in the beta, which is why location requests come up vut do not affect the operation with regular Bluetooth devices.

2. Noted.

3. Does the option come up if you hold your finger on a track in list view or tap the menu arrow on the right of a track listing?

Best regards,
    Joseph Yeung
    HiByMusic team member

9. jms74
    Ive downloaded the One from the anticipated beta that was posted here by Andy and then the one thats on the N3 new V2 firmware. None of them works on those 3 devices.
    The HibyMusic app all close abruptly when connecting to the N3 via HibyLink.

If i dont turn on HibyLink on the N3 then i can connect to it as a bluetooth receiver from the same devices, so bluetooth is working on the N3 and on the android devices.
    Thanks, will try to follow that thread also.

10. Detectit
    Edit

11. Detectit
    Wow the feature set looks even more impressive than i initially thought.

Gets me more inpatient to get the N3.

Kudos to Cayin and HiBy for making this possible. :beerchug:

12. colburnbri
    Thanks Joe for your response. I did find the Delete menu on the menu for the track in the track list. I was looking for a delete on the now playing menu where you can add the track to a play list. See attachment.
    Screenshot_20170711-152039.png

13. PapaThrust
    Charging Issue

I've had the player almost a week now and the first few days after the charge went down ( as low as 25%) I just plugged in and later when I returned all was well.( I did not pay attention to the charge time)
    But twice now, when into the red zone (below 10%) the charge took 6 hours+.
    I understand the charging should be around 2 hours.

I have several means to charge, one is an Anker multi device charger that delivers 2.1-2.4 amps to each device.
    Several apple chargers delivering 2.1amps
    Both set ups are working fine on all my devices.

I'm wondering if this will improve or is something amiss?

Last edited: Jul 12, 2017
  14. Slater
    What cable are you using to charge?

I know you said your charger delivers 2.1-2.4A, but that doesn't mean the cable does.

Here's a good example of what I'm talking about. Even though it's about Lightning cables the same results apply to all cables - micro usb, type C, etc.

15. PapaThrust
    I am using the branded cable that came with the player.
    Is it that Cayin provides a cable that doesn't charge the unit to their specs?

First

Back
186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195
197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206
Next

Last