Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Sep 8, 2020 at 12:53 AM Post #543 of 751
Sep 13, 2020 at 4:43 AM Post #546 of 751
my IHA-A6 had a disturbing white noise going on even on low gain low current, was horrendously worse when switched over to high gain

is this normal..??

The noise are coming from both channel or only appear in one channel? Happens on all phone outputs? only on 6.35mm single-ended? only on Balanced? Did you bought the iHA-6 recently or you had used it for a while but the noise only appear recently?

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 13, 2020 at 5:13 AM Post #547 of 751
The noise are coming from both channel or only appear in one channel? Happens on all phone outputs? only on 6.35mm single-ended? only on Balanced? Did you bought the iHA-6 recently or you had used it for a while but the noise only appear recently?

through XLR, didn't try on 1/4; brand new from 3 days ago

Sep 13, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #548 of 751
through XLR, didn't try on 1/4; brand new from 3 days ago

I think I have the same problem on mine, only on XLR, only on Left channel, first 5 minutes after switching on from cold it works fine and then white noise over the music. I need to get it repaired but the whole Covid situ had stopped me from sending it out, and then I became lazy and forgot about it.

Do keep us posted on how you tackle this.

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2020 at 7:50 AM Post #549 of 751
I posted this a while ago and recently I've not got the problems back yet (maybe becuz I'm not listening as much) But I get buzzing sounds once in a while in left channel XLR out in low gain, completely black on high gain.

Sep 13, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #550 of 751
I think I have the same problem on mine, only on XLR, only on Left channel, first 5 minutes after switching on from cold it works fine and then white noise over the music. I need to get it repaired but the whole Covid situ had stopped me from sending it out, and then I became lazy and forgot about it.

Can you try touching the headphone cable or the amplifier itself when the noise happen

Sep 14, 2020 at 6:44 AM Post #552 of 751

got a refund instead..

Sep 17, 2020 at 11:49 AM Post #553 of 751

This is a nice surprised, we are flattered by the recognition of HEDD Audio and Headphone.com :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Dec 11, 2020 at 5:54 PM Post #554 of 751
Was hoping someone could help me on an issue with a iHA-6 I just purchased. I seem to also have a hum that some others have pointed out. It only occurs with the following settings:

Input: RCA and XLR and with no cables attached on input
Current: Low
Gain: Low
Output: 4 pin XLR, 2x3pin XLR

The hum seems to be stronger out of the left channel than the right.

This does not occur when the Current is set to "high", and when the gain is switched to "high" there is a hiss that is typical of switching an amplifier to high gain, but different than this hum I'm hearing. Anyone have any help on this?

@Andykong

Dec 11, 2020 at 6:31 PM Post #555 of 751
Was hoping someone could help me on an issue with a iHA-6 I just purchased. I seem to also have a hum that some others have pointed out. It only occurs with the following settings:

Input: RCA and XLR and with no cables attached on input
Current: Low
Gain: Low
Output: 4 pin XLR, 2x3pin XLR

The hum seems to be stronger out of the left channel than the right.

This does not occur when the Current is set to "high", and when the gain is switched to "high" there is a hiss that is typical of switching an amplifier to high gain, but different than this hum I'm hearing. Anyone have any help on this?

@Andykong

I've owned that amp plus the matching DAC and the matching DAP for two years now ( tri-stack ) , now issues. Are you using the amp standalone, or with a DAC .. are your cables compromised in some way?

Hard to say what the issue is ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back