Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Mar 27, 2020 at 9:29 AM Post #512 of 751
I plan to get a iHA-6 (with my Mojo as input signal) : how is the pairing ?
I feel that iHA-6 used in balanced mode is a real bargain given the power and transparancy it can provide.

Mar 27, 2020 at 12:29 PM Post #513 of 751
I feel that iHA-6 used in balanced mode is a real bargain given the power and transparancy it can provide.
IMO the overall sound signature will just like your Mojo, with better bass, soundstage and imaging.

Edit: Hmm i think it will be a bit brighter as the mojo's signature is pretty warm

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2020 at 4:09 AM Post #514 of 751
Cayin will join CanJam SoCal later this Saturday (19-20 March), we'll display the IHA-6 in the event. If you are coming to CanJam, please drop by and check out the iHA-6. Trust me, you got to give it a try before you can image how far can this little headphone amplifier goes, so bring your headphones and come to Cayin booth to see if you can give the iHA 6 a hard time.

I plan to get iHA-6, what is the line voltage recommended (2v, 3v, etc) for RCA inputs?

Apr 2, 2020 at 5:23 AM Post #515 of 751
I plan to get iHA-6, what is the line voltage recommended (2v, 3v, etc) for RCA inputs?
I think the universal standards are 2V for RCA and 4V for XLR. But, when I use XLR to feed power from my Aune S6 Pro instead of RCA, my volume on the iHA-6 is relatively the same before. Is it usually the case, as the XLR voltage of the DAC is double its RCA power.

Apr 4, 2020 at 10:22 AM Post #516 of 751
Deleted

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 4, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #517 of 751

Definitely 2V, that's the standard line in level we assumed when we design iHA-6. Some users reported that they prefer 3V input when using iHA-6 for really really difficult headphones such as Abyss 1266 and AKG K1000, but I would say that's kind of extreme condition.

One of the strength of iHA-6 is the build in bridge-tied load (BTL) circuit that convert single end input to balanced before feeding into the amplification circuit, that will allow you top enjoy full potential of the iHA-6 with both RCA and XLR input. This is an important feature if you want to use a single-ended output DAC with a fully differential design amplifier.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 4, 2020 at 12:25 PM Post #518 of 751
Definitely 2V, that's the standard line in level we assumed when we design iHA-6. Some users reported that they prefer 3V input when using iHA-6 for really really difficult headphones such as Abyss 1266 and AKG K1000, but I would say that's kind of extreme condition.

Hmm why my XLR output of the Aune reported as 4 Vrms but I don't find more power, my volume pot was still the same when I feed it with RCA.

Apr 11, 2020 at 12:56 AM Post #520 of 751
That is normal,
XLR is designed to operate at 4 to 6v while RCA uses around 2v, the final volume is matched to be the same.
So that is normal that my volume position doesn't change switching between RCA & XLR? I thought that operate at 4V XLR will benefit in terms of power to my amplifier :D New lessons every day, thanks.

Apr 21, 2020 at 4:38 AM Post #521 of 751

One of the strength of iHA-6 is the build in bridge-tied load (BTL) circuit that convert single end input to balanced before feeding into the amplification circuit, that will allow you top enjoy full potential of the iHA-6 with both RCA and XLR input. This is an important feature if you want to use a single-ended output DAC with a fully differential design amplifier.

Hello Andy, for HE6se do we have to set low gain or high gain ? Thx

Apr 26, 2020 at 10:57 AM Post #522 of 751
I have an HE6se on order and plan to get iHA-6. Do you know if my Chord Mojo would be a good candidate as a DAC for the iHA-6 (Mojo -> RCA inputs) ?

Apr 26, 2020 at 11:20 AM Post #523 of 751
Also Cayin iHA-6 or Cayin HA-1A mk2 for Hifiman HE6se ?

May 25, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #524 of 751
Hi, I am trying out a Cayin iHA6 (fed from a Hugo2 via RCA) with my HEDDphones (32ohms) and Sony MDR Z1Rs (64ohms). I do not know for sure the current setting - High or Low. Any suggestions how they are to be used ?

Jun 1, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #525 of 751
Hi, I am trying out a Cayin iHA6 (fed from a Hugo2 via RCA) with my HEDDphones (32ohms) and Sony MDR Z1Rs (64ohms). I do not know for sure the current setting - High or Low. Any suggestions how they are to be used ?
I used high current for planar headphone. I only have it on when I use my LCD2. and I turn off when I use HD58x .

FYI: I am having the amp for sale, I am the very first owner. (Apology if this is not allow here.) Let me know if one of you interested.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back