Cayin iHA-6 - US Tour and reviews
Mar 24, 2019 at 4:15 AM Post #451 of 751
Did you test the IHA-6 with sensitive headphone IEM ?

After a few adventures between the different support services, and with the help of the Cayin's support, (again thanks to them), my IHA-6 will be replaced.

I expect it soon, to fully enjoy it.:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Thank you Cayin :thumbsup:

iHA-6 is quite enough for some of the IEMs.
https://theheadphonelist.com/a-light-to-guide-your-way-a-review-of-the-cayin-iha-6/

I hope everything is settled by now. I was at New York when I read your message, so I passed it to our support staff and let them follow up. He has keep me informed when he suggest a replacement for your iHA-6, but it takes time to arrange with oversee dealers, especially when our iHA-6 is run out of stock at that time.

I hope this will solve the problem completely and you'll be able to enjoy the iHA-6 like others in this thread. Looking forward to read your impression later.

Last edited:
Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Mar 24, 2019 at 4:45 AM Post #452 of 751
Sometimes the iha6 is conpared to the auralic taurus which is in turn compared to the ifi ican pro

For what it’s worth i had a listen to the ifi ican pro yesterday (i own the iha6) using a few headphones including he1000v2 and empyrean.

I found the ifi relative to the iha6 to have a little bit more detail, a touch of warmth in mids and lower end/roundness but still solid staye sounding and neutralish. The ifi also has the tube element amd xbass to oaky with which was a great little feature.

In essence the iha6 is like a stripped down ifi ican pro with 90-odd% performance of that (ie without considering the tube/bass features which add a little bit more to the ifi offering) and for 1/3 of the price here in Australia ($1000 v $3000 AUD) the iha6 is a great “budget” offering that delivers so much.

So underrated!!!!

Thank you very much for our impression, we don't have a lot of solid audition sharing in this thread, I wonder why too. One of my dealer told me that the biggest issue he has with iHA-6 is retail price, when the price is low, the profit per sales transaction is not attractive to them.

Let's hope the amp will draw more attention down the road, nothing much we can do other than stand by our product with good support service, and keep our finger crossed. :beerchug:

Attachments

• upload_2019-3-24_16-40-2.png
    upload_2019-3-24_16-40-2.png
    100.9 KB · Views: 0

Mar 24, 2019 at 5:53 AM Post #453 of 751
Thank you very much for our impression, we don't have a lot of solid audition sharing in this thread, I wonder why too. One of my dealer told me that the biggest issue he has with iHA-6 is retail price, when the price is low, the profit per sales transaction is not attractive to them.

Let's hope the amp will draw more attention down the road, nothing much we can do other than stand by our product with good support service, and keep our finger crossed. :beerchug:
There is a recent “review” on youtube without it being much of a review

Thanka goodness for john grandberg’s extensive review of it.

The only flaw for me on this amp is the output impedance of the single ended outputs and the limitation of those (10 ohm from memory).

Thats the only thing that delayed my purchase of it.

From what i’ve read though is the supply (ie availability) of these in the usa holding it back there - ie stores picking them up (and being available in local voltage)?

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2019 at 9:56 AM Post #454 of 751
There is a recent “review” on youtube without it being much of a review

Thanka goodness for john grandberg’s extensive review of it.

The only flaw for me on this amp is the output impedance of the single ended outputs and the limitation of those (10 ohm from memory).

Thats the only thing that delayed my purchase of it.

From what i’ve read though is the supply (ie availability) of these in the usa holding it back there - ie stores picking them up (and being available in local voltage)?

I think Z-Reviews are the better one among Youtubers, you don't expect detail and methodical reviews from them, the keyword is interaction and opinions, and reach out to 3C consumers who won't go to HeadFi forum or never heard of Stereophile or TAS. John Grandberg, on the other hand, represents objective and knowledgeable old-school reviewer, Cayin is grateful to his iDAC-6 and iHA-6 review.

Apr 14, 2019 at 11:30 AM Post #456 of 751
I bought a new IHA-6 in December 2018 and it has developed a pronounced buzzing (sounds like white noise almost) in the right channel only. It sometimes is louder than others but is not source related (it occurs even when nothing is plugged into the amp), so I believe the amp is defective. What can I do for service/replacement?

Apr 15, 2019 at 9:52 AM Post #457 of 751
Did you test the IHA-6 with sensitive headphone IEM ?

I can hear some background hiss (it's there, but overbearing, but I do dislike it) with my se846 and andromedas on the single end jack in standard mode. With Class A mode ( high Q, whatever it's called) the noise jumps significantly with the both iems and it's not recommended at all. With full size cans, or higher impedance iems the device is my standard, till I can get a V281.

Apr 16, 2019 at 3:46 PM Post #458 of 751
I can hear some background hiss (it's there, but overbearing, but I do dislike it) with my se846 and andromedas on the single end jack in standard mode. With Class A mode ( high Q, whatever it's called) the noise jumps significantly with the both iems and it's not recommended at all. With full size cans, or higher impedance iems the device is my standard, till I can get a V281.

I agree. With super sensitive IEMs, this is not best amp. Not without using a hiss-reducing device like the sort iFi makes.

May 6, 2019 at 11:00 PM Post #460 of 751
Last edited:
Jun 2, 2019 at 10:20 AM Post #462 of 751
Hoping to get some help with my iHA-6 / RME ADI-2 DAC combo...

I am not sure what the proper input voltage of the iHA-6 is.

The manual for the Cayin is very vague in defining the input sensitivity of the amp at 620mV.

I’d like to be able to set the volume knob on the IHA-6… AND control the output volume via the ADI-2… But I am not certain that this is the best way to go about things…

The ADI-2 manual says… With Hi-Fi the setting +7 dBu (equals +4.78 dBV or 1.73 V RMS) is recommended. But the IHA-6’s Input Sensitivity is 620mV… So I’m not sure that + 7 dBu is the best set up either…

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Jun 10, 2019 at 6:46 AM Post #464 of 751
Litlgi74 : it is recommended to use the fixed output of the DAC and to control the volume with the amp.
exception : if the DAC output volume is too loud and you can not reach the optimal volume position of your amp

djyang0530 : strictly identical in terms of sound.
very convenient to compare headphones.
the IHA-6 is powerful enough to drive two headphones without problem

Jul 6, 2019 at 11:55 AM Post #465 of 751
I have seen that an mk2 version of the iDAC-6 has been launched, is it planned a new release of the iHA-6 ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back