Cayin iDAP-6 - versatile new desktop transport
May 14, 2018 at 4:49 PM Post #271 of 424
I sincerely hope it is a better network player. If they are indeed our competitor as you have put it, and they come out with a competing product 1 year later, as you have put it again, they should beat the iDAP-6 in each are every area. This is how it should work in digital audio market, and this is why digital audio market is advancing rapidly.

It is certainly a very interested product, but Aune S5 has not any English supports. Though Linux and FPGA is excellent for Coax/I2S output. Do we have any FPGA inside the IdAP6 ?

May 30, 2018 at 12:40 PM Post #273 of 424
Hello,
I have some questions...
can Idap-6 reed music from USB stick and SSD external disk?
Anyone know if idap-6 and rme adi-2 dac work together?

Regards,
Simon

iDAP-6 can playback music file on USB thumb drive and SSD external disk. We have tested up to 6TB HDD (single volume formatted) and iDAP-6 can cope with that without any problem.

iDAP-6 should be able to work with RME adi-2 dac through USB, Coaxial and optical digital connection.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 30, 2018 at 12:41 PM Post #274 of 424
It is certainly a very interested product, but Aune S5 has not any English supports. Though Linux and FPGA is excellent for Coax/I2S output. Do we have any FPGA inside the IdAP6 ?

iDAP-6 has a FPGA built-in, we used it mainly for DSD signal processing.

Jun 9, 2018 at 9:13 AM Post #277 of 424
still no Roon?

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:45 AM Post #279 of 424
Everybody compere idap-6 + some dac with Pioneer N-70AE?
I'm thinking if I would buy idap-6 + some DAC for 700€
Or a streamer with already built-in DAC in the same price range

regards,
Simon

One more question: Did anyone test idap-6 with Denafrips Ares DAC? I would like this combination the most.
Now I have a diy linux player and Topping D30.

Jun 12, 2018 at 9:50 AM Post #280 of 424
One more question: Did anyone test idap-6 with Denafrips Ares DAC? I would like this combination the most.
Now I have a diy linux player and Topping D30.
I am using with Terminator via I2s (HDMI cable) and is working fine. It might has pop sound while switching between PCM and DSD, so I use 1 SD card for PCM and another 1 for DSD.

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:40 AM Post #281 of 424
I am interested in the IDAP-6 to feed my stereo. I have an RPi running RuneAudio going into a Singxer SU-1 for I2S to my Holo Spring KTE L3.

I can see the IDAP-6 replacing the RPi and the Singxer SU-1 with I2S directly from the IDAP-6 to the Holo Spring. This seems like a much more elegant solution to me, but will it be any improvement in sound quality? The price of the IDAP-6 seems a bit high and so far it seems unproven in the US market. It's really tough to jump blindly into the IDAP-6.

Jun 12, 2018 at 11:45 AM Post #282 of 424
I am interested in the IDAP-6 to feed my stereo. I have an RPi running RuneAudio going into a Singxer SU-1 for I2S to my Holo Spring KTE L3.

I can see the IDAP-6 replacing the RPi and the Singxer SU-1 with I2S directly from the IDAP-6 to the Holo Spring. This seems like a much more elegant solution to me, but will it be any improvement in sound quality? The price of the IDAP-6 seems a bit high and so far it seems unproven in the US market. It's really tough to jump blindly into the IDAP-6.
I think it should be better than RPi, I am in US and I bought from musicteck.

Jun 14, 2018 at 4:32 AM Post #284 of 424

Jun 14, 2018 at 5:04 AM Post #285 of 424
I am using with Terminator via I2s (HDMI cable) and is working fine. It might has pop sound while switching between PCM and DSD, so I use 1 SD card for PCM and another 1 for DSD.

The pop sound is DAC dependent. When we test with DAC from PS Audio, the pop sound is almost unidentifiable. The pop sound from Denafrips is relatively louder, but the companion of pop sound goes to AK4490 based DAC, fortunately there isn't a lot of I2S equipped DAC are based on AK4490, that's why we cannot add I2S to current iDAC-6 conveniently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back