Cayin iDAC-6 - Review tour (USA only for now), impressions, discussion
Feb 12, 2019 at 1:10 PM Post #196 of 286
There are several improvement over iDAC-6, and I can give away two changes upfront:

(1) Tube and Solid State are selectable in both XLR and RCA.
(2) Genuine, independent pre-amplification circuit with 99 steps analogue volume.

and as expected, more detail will be disclosed at CanJam NYC, so please stay tuned.

Excellent! That addresses the bulk of the complaints (really more like suggestions for improvement, as the iDAC-6 was/is an excellent DAC) myself and others brought up.

Also I think at some point you mentioned having an I2S via HDMI input, facilitating a connection with the iDAP-6. It's probably fair to say that is still on the feature list as well.

Feb 12, 2019 at 1:23 PM Post #197 of 286
Excellent! That addresses the bulk of the complaints (really more like suggestions for improvement, as the iDAC-6 was/is an excellent DAC) myself and others brought up.

Also I think at some point you mentioned having an I2S via HDMI input, facilitating a connection with the iDAP-6. It's probably fair to say that is still on the feature list as well.

Yes, the I2S is on, and we also added the Coaxial BNC as well, so size digital input on a 10" wide back panel, this is becoming extremely congested now.

iDAC-6MK2 Crop 02.JPG

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Feb 12, 2019 at 2:43 PM Post #198 of 286
There are several improvement over iDAC-6, and I can give away two changes upfront:

(1) Tube and Solid State are selectable in both XLR and RCA.
(2) Genuine, independent pre-amplification circuit with 99 steps analogue volume.

and as expected, more detail will be disclosed at CanJam NYC, so please stay tuned.

That's awesome. I really hope that the tubes are user changeable so that there isn't a limited life on the tube output...

Mar 10, 2019 at 1:41 PM Post #200 of 286
Hi,
There's some new drivers available on the website but it's been some time that it is flagged as harmful website so I can't download it.
Do the new drivers fix the issue where the dac crash and have to turn off and turn on again for it to work? (runnning win10)

Mar 10, 2019 at 4:18 PM Post #201 of 286
I have no issue with my IDAC-6 on W10 with the drivers : V4.35.0
the last version are : V4.47.0 (I've not tryed them yet)

And for the official web site you can safely use it and download the drivers from it

May 11, 2019 at 3:42 PM Post #202 of 286
With the iDac-6 can the rca and xlr outs be connected and chose between the two? I want to connect the rca's to my preamp and the xlr to the iHA-6 and be able to choose which output via line out mode.

May 12, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #203 of 286
Unfortunately, no
Both will play at the same time ; you can choose the input, but not the output.

I think it will be a very great feature for a revision or mkX (subliminal message :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

A workaround is to mute the source on one or the other amp.
You can do this with the IHA-6, don't know if your other amp offers this kind of option.
A bit tedious, but it work.

Last edited:
May 14, 2019 at 1:33 PM Post #204 of 286
Unfortunately, no
Both will play at the same time ; you can choose the input, but not the output.

I think it will be a very great feature for a revision or mkX (subliminal message :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

A workaround is to mute the source on one or the other amp.
You can do this with the IHA-6, don't know if your other amp offers this kind of option.
A bit tedious, but it work.

Well, that is a little odd, but not a deal breaker. I guess I can simply not have the iHA-6 on when using the lineout via RCA's to my preamp and vice versa.

Thanks for the response!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back