cayin i5 + shure 535 VS What?
Nov 15, 2016 at 5:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

GREYH0UND

Head-Fier
hi guys, i'm planning to upgrade my dap and my in ear and i'm looking for a big step up from my current cowon s9+rha ma750.

i was initially thinking about an ibasso d80 but now i'm considering increasing my budget and go for a cayin i5.

for the in ear i was more orientated on the shure 535 but i've read good reviews about the dunu 2000 and the westone w30 too so i'm not sure

what do you guys think?
is there a better combo than i5+535?

Nov 27, 2016 at 5:11 AM Post #2 of 8
Little late to your thread here but, I have had the DX80 for two months now.  First decent DAP for me paired up with Vsonic GR07, Shure SE215, Beyer DT770 80ohm.  Sounds great with the iems, it can drive the DTs but its not ideal, nor did i expect it to.  DX80 produces a very good sound. However, I am no expert when it comes to audio.  To me it sounds accurate, mids are not too forward, and is very quite(no hiss).  Ive been reading alot about the Cayin i5 and how it is accurate yet more musical in nature. I want something accurate but at the same time it needs to be fun to listen too. The UI seems much better than the DX80.  DX80 is laggy and not the most enjoyable to navigate menus with, however the screen is nice on the 80.  All in all, I think I am going to put up the DX80 for sale soon. I got on the Massdrop for Noble X so they should pair up well. 

Just my 2 cents...

Nov 27, 2016 at 8:14 AM Post #3 of 8
Ty for the input
Btw one of the reasons why i decided to not get the basso is as you said the fact that is quite laggy and take ages to scan the music

I think that by end of the year they should release the i200 but i have no idea about the price tag..
For now with even the dp x1A maybe coming i m considering waitjng a bit longer before i pick one

Dec 4, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #5 of 8
The dpx1 has nice hardware, good software implementation. If u want to stream with spotify/tidal, dpx1 is the one to go.

And get a good balanced trrs cable for your shures and you will be fine.

Dec 8, 2016 at 6:29 PM Post #6 of 8
The dpx1 has nice hardware, good software implementation. If u want to stream with spotify/tidal, dpx1 is the one to go.

And get a good balanced trrs cable for your shures and you will be fine.

I checked trrs cables...
They go from 25 to 180$...what are the differences?
Is it really worth it to spend 180 on a cable? Wouldn t it be more worth it to spend them in better iem?

Dec 8, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #7 of 8
I checked trrs cables...
They go from 25 to 180$...what are the differences?
Is it really worth it to spend 180 on a cable? Wouldn t it be more worth it to spend them in better iem?

U can connect to the balanced output of the dp-x1 and choose between acg or balanced. It's really worth it imo.

Dec 9, 2016 at 7:27 AM Post #8 of 8
Ok but for the price of the se535 +cable is possible to buy the shure 846
I don t know much about balanced cables but what i do know is that they are used to reduce the noise ad are usefull in long cables (where you tend to have more noise) but iem tend to have short cables.

What do you think?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back