Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 26, 2019 at 1:54 AM Post #3,723 of 3,742
PM me, I may be interested in selling mine for less than that.

Jan 3, 2020 at 6:16 AM Post #3,725 of 3,742
Thanks Andy. I would like to ask you if you could consider the same arrangement that you have with Neutron with Usb Audio Player Pro (UAPP). although UAPP streams Tidal perfectly it can not access the High Res Driver. I have been in Communication with Davy from Extream software who is prepared to make the necessary software implentations to UAPP so Cayin I5 can stream Hi Res from Tidal using the dac directly without interference from Android OS as well as avoiding upsampling to 48 Khz.
Bump

ok i will email it

Jan 5, 2020 at 6:04 PM Post #3,726 of 3,742
Thanks Andy. I would like to ask you if you could consider the same arrangement that you have with Neutron with Usb Audio Player Pro (UAPP). although UAPP streams Tidal perfectly it can not access the High Res Driver. I have been in Communication with Davy from Extream software who is prepared to make the necessary software implentations to UAPP so Cayin I5 can stream Hi Res from Tidal using the dac directly without interference from Android OS as well as avoiding upsampling to 48 Khz.

We didn't have any plan to implement further software enhancement on i5, members of the engineering team have been assigned to other projects or left the company already, and starting a new project like Neutron will require someone to take up the LC1813 MCU support from scratch, this is not feasible given the different between LC1813 with our current DAP hardware architectures and the workload we have on hand.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jan 5, 2020 at 6:05 PM Post #3,727 of 3,742
So I guess it is safe to assume that there will be no further updates for the i5?

Yes, there will be no further update on the i5.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Apr 21, 2020 at 8:09 AM Post #3,730 of 3,742
Does anybody knows if the hi-res digital downloads from Qobuz store are in formats playable by i5?
Yes. The i5 plays FLAC. I'm not sure whether HiRes Qobuz streaming would work though, due to limited bandwidth in the device.

Jun 18, 2020 at 3:50 PM Post #3,733 of 3,742
Hello! I have a problem in using a Cayin I5 as a DAC with Windows 10. The DAP works fine with the laptop which has Windows 7 onboard, but it cant be seen by the PC with Windows 10 on it. Any ideas?

Time travel back about 4 years and convince Cayin to support the i5 for more than 6 months.

Mar 26, 2021 at 7:22 AM Post #3,734 of 3,742
We didn't have any plan to implement further software enhancement on i5, members of the engineering team have been assigned to other projects or left the company already, and starting a new project like Neutron will require someone to take up the LC1813 MCU support from scratch, this is not feasible given the different between LC1813 with our current DAP hardware architectures and the workload we have on hand.

I fear that this thread is no more watched, however I try anyway to ask: if Neutron developers have been able to develop a release of their app which is able access HiRes section of i5 DAC without a new firmware release by Cayin, what is preventing other app developers to do the same (assumed that they're interested in doing it)?

Sep 18, 2021 at 3:53 PM Post #3,735 of 3,742
Hello everyone. I look at the player buried and forgotten. But it sounds more interesting than even newer players. The sound is similar to the dx200 aibasso.
IMG_20210918_222114~2.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back