Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
May 8, 2019 at 7:16 AM Post #3,691 of 3,742
While player is on, swipe from the top of the screen down to get to drop down meny. Ther you'll find "timers", 1 for screen off, 1 for player of at idle. By sliding on the bar from left to right and vice versa you can adjust how long before screen and/or the whole player goes off at idle.
what exactly shutdown idle for? and also my battery drain extra fast how did i prevent this?

May 23, 2019 at 12:55 AM Post #3,694 of 3,742
Dear Andy and all, I accidentally uninstalled the Tidal app from my i5 and the latest Tidal version on Google Play is incompatible, is there anyway I can install an older version back on my i5?

As much as I like the i5, it would be a disaster if Tidal cannot work on it. Thank you guys.

Sorry for late response, I didn't come across this until today. You can find APK of previous version of Tidal from APKPure, download them to the internal memory and you can install the APK through ES File Explorer

https://apkpure.com/tidal-music-hifi-songs-playlists-videos/com.aspiro.tidal

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
May 23, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #3,695 of 3,742
yeahh i stream a lot. maybe is time to back to offline mode. any problem with your battery life ? mine only 6 hrs of usage non wifi is it still normal?

Lithium battery will decline after extensive use, the general observation is 500 charging cycle but it also depends how you have been using in during the past few years. You can try to calibrate the battery gauge by following the instruction I shared in previous discussion. You might be able to recover a couple of hours per charge after that.

Last edited:

May 24, 2019 at 12:44 AM Post #3,696 of 3,742
Sorry for late response, I didn't come across this until today. You can find APK of previous version of Tidal from APKPure, download them to the internal memory and you can install the APK through ES File Explorer

https://apkpure.com/tidal-music-hifi-songs-playlists-videos/com.aspiro.tidal

Dear Andy,

Thank you but I have already tried that, none of these versions could be installed and I was subsequently given a very old version of Tidal by helpful Cayin staff. However, the very very frequent known Tidal 'stutter' issue was very prominent, making Tidal essentially and practically unusable.

Would you be so kind as to try installing Tidal using APK packages and let me know which version you were able to install? Thank you so much, I really want to continue using the i5 but at its present state, it is far from usable.

Sincerely.

May 29, 2019 at 8:58 AM Post #3,697 of 3,742
Dear Andy,

Thank you but I have already tried that, none of these versions could be installed and I was subsequently given a very old version of Tidal by helpful Cayin staff. However, the very very frequent known Tidal 'stutter' issue was very prominent, making Tidal essentially and practically unusable.

Would you be so kind as to try installing Tidal using APK packages and let me know which version you were able to install? Thank you so much, I really want to continue using the i5 but at its present state, it is far from usable.

Sincerely.

Sorry, I gave away my i5 to a Headphone brand during one of the oversee show, so I don't have the i5 with me anymore. If I need to test Tidal on i5, I need to ask acquire another i5 from China and perform the testing in Hong Kong (Tidal is not available in Mainland China).

Can someone using Tidal with i5 please check the version number of your Tidal installation?

May 29, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #3,699 of 3,742
Sorry, I gave away my i5 to a Headphone brand during one of the oversee show, so I don't have the i5 with me anymore. If I need to test Tidal on i5, I need to ask acquire another i5 from China and perform the testing in Hong Kong (Tidal is not available in Mainland China).

Can someone using Tidal with i5 please check the version number of your Tidal installation?

Hi Andy, I'm from Hong Kong too, I could pass you my i5 for testing, can you please PM me?

Thanks so much.

May 29, 2019 at 9:41 AM Post #3,700 of 3,742
I can confirm that the latest version which works on my Cayin (and im updated to the latest OS version) its TIDAL Music - Hifi Songs, Playlists, & Videos 2.7.3 I have all features running so yes, its fully functional. The 2.7.4 version requires Android 5.0

Thanks for the info, am I correct that the version that you are using is the result of past updates through Google Play, instead of a fresh install? I was also using a much newer version but once I uninstalled Tidal, I was no longer able to install newer versions, not from the Google Play nor APK download.

May 29, 2019 at 9:46 AM Post #3,701 of 3,742

Jun 15, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #3,703 of 3,742
Hey there, sorry for delayed response with my findings. I've found that Google Music now stores music in the root directory on devices- no longer where the mp3s can be accessed with a non-rooted device. I was able to find the downloaded playlists on my phone, which has root access. I can't access these songs on the i5 unless I can find a way to root the stock software, which I would be very hesitant to do since it's proprietary Cayin even though Android-based.

2nd: I am able to play the downloaded songs from Google Music on the i5, BUT it's still limited to around 1gb which makes me think it's downloading by default to the incorrect place in internal storage. Not a big deal since I can stream the music on wifi, but would love to be able to download all my playlists to internal storage and use the external SD for my lossless stuff. Just wanted to let you know what I found! Thank you

Hi, thanks for this. I am having the same problem with Spotify downloads. I have tried moving the downloads to the internal and TF card. Hiwever, although the download shows in the file folder on the card I still get a message from the dap saying that I am running out of internal storage and also one from the Spotify app saying it has run out of available storage and needs space to operate. Have worked my way through this whole thread and this is the first time I have come across anyone else who has a similar problem. Any updates on this?

Jun 15, 2019 at 3:26 PM Post #3,704 of 3,742
Hi, thanks for this. I am having the same problem with Spotify downloads. I have tried moving the downloads to the internal and TF card. Hiwever, although the download shows in the file folder on the card I still get a message from the dap saying that I am running out of internal storage and also one from the Spotify app saying it has run out of available storage and needs space to operate. Have worked my way through this whole thread and this is the first time I have come across anyone else who has a similar problem. Any updates on this?

I gave up on the i5 a while back... especially when they stopped development for it (which I understood why, with hiby releasing their own DAPs). Picked up a hiby r3, and then recently an r6 (fantastic dap with plenty of onboard storage for offline playlists!)

I never got a response about the i5 using the wrong storage for offline playlists either - unfortunately I don't think there is a solution since the i5 is basically dead in the water at this point :/

Jun 16, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #3,705 of 3,742
I gave up on the i5 a while back... especially when they stopped development for it (which I understood why, with hiby releasing their own DAPs). Picked up a hiby r3, and then recently an r6 (fantastic dap with plenty of onboard storage for offline playlists!)

I never got a response about the i5 using the wrong storage for offline playlists either - unfortunately I don't think there is a solution since the i5 is basically dead in the water at this point :/
Okay, I appreciate your quick reply. That figures as I picked up a used Cayin I5 quite cheap at £170. I am really impressed with the sound but realise that the Hibby player is a bit limited and the WiFi a bit clunky. How did the sq compare with the R3 and R6?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back