Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,347 of 3,742
I am very sad i purchased Cayin i5 from Advanced mp3 player 10 minuts later they come with this
Your adress is paypal is Usa not Spain so we refunded payment as we cannot ship to correct adress
Now i am very sad This shop made my day unhappy

Inside paypal the settings is Paypal spain, but somehow it showed Usa for advanced mp3 player
when made the payment, i went into paypal and it show the adress for spain but not have any place for country this is done automaticly by paypal, i do not know why USA was picked up instead of spain
This can be a error by Paypal

Now I rushed to the bank right now and picked up the money
luckely i was able to widraw the money

Now i can buy it from China.
I am not so happy about this but atleast i got my money out
Now is fixed

Last edited:
Aug 22, 2017 at 8:52 AM Post #3,348 of 3,742
It is too early to bury the player , I have good news for you !!! I have corresponded with two supports , Neurton and Cayin . Neutron perhaps the developers will add our player to the list of supported iPods , that is, the sound will go directly to the DAC . The main thing that employees Cayin gave the player's API developers Neutron . This player 100 more stable than Hiby !

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:21 AM Post #3,350 of 3,742
Did try reading a few pages as early on few asked this but never saw answer.

Did anyone use the usb-c out to a amp/dac mini usb (via cables on likes of Ebay) rather than the official usb-c to spdif.

thanks

Aug 23, 2017 at 7:31 AM Post #3,351 of 3,742
My Cayin i5 Arrived now, is sealed and New have not unboxed it yet
will do later
gFoad41.jpg

Aug 23, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #3,352 of 3,742
Did anyone use the usb-c out to a amp/dac mini usb (via cables on likes of Ebay) rather than the official usb-c to spdif.

I just gave it a quick go with a Schiit Fulla 2, and it works but has a few crackles on the audio (did a quick search through the thread and saw one mention of crackling when using spdif out, maybe the same thing?) This is on FW2.2.
I've tried the same USB-C->Micro USB cable before with the Shanling M1 and that works fine, so I think the cable itself is good.

On a more positive note, I got some iBasso IT03s with the money i got back from cancelling Trinity audio orders, and those are very nice with the i5, just playing about with tips to get the best fit :)

Aug 23, 2017 at 4:43 PM Post #3,353 of 3,742
Cayin i5 is alive and kicking :)
Cayin Now purchased from somewhere else hope it arrive this time
Trust me, if someday we get gapless playback and proper album sorting this player will reach a cult status...

Aug 24, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #3,354 of 3,742
I am in Cayin i5 now for the first time but i have a problem, i have configured Wifi access and router so internet is now conected
but there is no Internet browser and under third application there is no Google android store
Where do i find the google android store all i see is the Es file explorer is the only app there so i dont know how to acess android store
need help

Also when i swipe left where the third applications tab is on top of that
there is a program in chinesee

player is set to English Uk and timezone to Berlin

I see on youtube video that Cayin i5 come with Google android play installed
but it didnt come on mine only have ES file explorer i am very confused what to do

When i sweep left i have a application in chinesee on top of Third party application
on youtube video i see nobody have this application clicking on it bring on a chinesee program without english so idont use that program
how do i remove it, cayin i5 came in sealed so is new from factory

VPopf5g.jpg

Here you can see under third application there is only ES File explorer
and not google android play store so where can i conect to the Google android player store
as the manual promise, in manual is not easy to understand

bCoZ58H.jpg

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #3,356 of 3,742
Where is user login?
I was able to get Google play store in apk manually installed from here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996995

So now i got Android google play icon in third party app but it should have been there when i first started player which it wasnt, i even did a factory reset but still didnt show up
But when i click google play android nothing happen, after i click it 2 times i get a chinesee message at the bottom
i dont know why i get it in chinesee since my player is set to english

this is crazy

Aug 24, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #3,360 of 3,742
Where is user login?
I was able to get Google play store in apk manually installed from here
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1996995

So now i got Android google play icon in third party app but it should have been there when i first started player which it wasnt, i even did a factory reset but still didnt show up
But when i click google play android nothing happen, after i click it 2 times i get a chinesee message at the bottom
i dont know why i get it in chinesee since my player is set to english

this is crazy

Vitalii is right. Your i5 very likely has the Chinese base firmware installed. Download and flash the international version here:

http://en.cayin.cn/download/show?id=13505

Users who are viewing this thread

Back