Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 21, 2016 at 3:46 AM Post #1,366 of 3,742
To display Album Art, you have to enable the Album Art function in the Music Setup Menu.

And then there are THREE options to direct the choice of Album Art:

(1) Embedded: you can embedded a JPG file into the header of your music file (if the format supported), this is the best option as you can reorganize your music library anytime and yet the album art will also be available. you can use metedata management software such as MP3Tag to do this.

(2) Predefined: Rename the album art to cover.jpg or folder.jpg and place it into the same folder of the music file, i5 will look for the file and display it as the album art for all the music files in the same folder.

(3) Same Filename: In case you want to display a different album art to each song within a folder, you can rename the album art to the EXACT name of the music file, i5 will change to different album art when they have identify a image file that is named after the music file.

Thanks Andy, very helpful at all, I will try it later:) If for putting up the lyrics, how?

Sep 21, 2016 at 3:53 AM Post #1,367 of 3,742
Thanks Andy, very helpful at all, I will try it later:) If for putting up the lyrics, how?

Sorry, I only download lyric files from Internet, I haven't attempt to build synchronized lyric file myself, so I have to pass this topic to someone who is more knowledgeable in the subject.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 21, 2016 at 4:52 AM Post #1,368 of 3,742
Just keep the support on Spotify and Tidal.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:15 AM Post #1,369 of 3,742
How's the latest firmware on your i5 guys? Is the overall experience smooth?

I wonder how the Cayin i5 fare against other DAPs with AK4490 DAC. Still on the fence on what to buy.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's a piece of art. Until my Plenue M2 and AK70 arrive, I5 is easy the best player in my collection. I am most impressed by the mids and the bass has so much in reserve that I have to tweak the EQ on the first 2 bands quite low, or it'll blow drivers in my phones. Latest firmware is great and unlike Ibasso and FiiO nightmare firmware upgrades, Cayin does it without the hitch and not once did it make something broke, unlike my DX90 which is hopeless past fw 2.15. Only gripes I have: fonts are way to small and been in orange colour not really contrasty enough; and default player can't be permanently turned off, so sometimes if there is a gap in between songs and I am using third party, ie Poweramp, Jet Audio or Onkyo player, default player will start playing , probably thinking: "there is no sound, I better start cracking".​ However, default player is so damn good that I don't even bother with third party ones. What can I say I5 is astonishing piece of kit. I can't wait to see / hear how it compares against Cowon PM2 and AK70. Stay tuned folks.

Sep 21, 2016 at 7:45 AM Post #1,370 of 3,742
It's a piece of art. Until my Plenue M2 and AK70 arrive, I5 is easy the best player in my collection. I am most impressed by the mids and the bass has so much in reserve that I have to tweak the EQ on the first 2 bands quite low, or it'll blow drivers in my phones. Latest firmware is great and unlike Ibasso and FiiO nightmare firmware upgrades, Cayin does it without the hitch and not once did it make something broke, unlike my DX90 which is hopeless past fw 2.15. Only gripes I have: fonts are way to small and been in orange colour not really contrasty enough; and default player can't be permanently turned off, so sometimes if there is a gap in between songs and I am using third party, ie Poweramp, Jet Audio or Onkyo player, default player will start playing , probably thinking: "there is no sound, I better start cracking".​ However, default player is so damn good that I don't even bother with third party ones. What can I say I5 is astonishing piece of kit. I can't wait to see / hear how it compares against Cowon PM2 and AK70. Stay tuned folks.

Will definitely wait for your feedback. The AK70, based on the reviews I have read, is really good for a single DAC. Headfonia's review favors the Cayin i5's sound quality, though. Need to hear/read more.

Sep 21, 2016 at 8:02 AM Post #1,371 of 3,742
We need to allow user to install third party applications because there a lot relevant software that can enhance the function and user experience of i5. If you look for applications in the category of Music Player, Audio streaming, Cloud music, Internet radio, UPnP/DLNA player, .... , you'll find hundreds of application that are directly relevant to DAP application. Cayin is having a hard time trying to optimize our system to play these software satisfactory, before we can take care of these audio related applications, we don't see the incentives to optimize for video based applications.
Thanks xtr4, my job will be much easier if all our customer can understand our philosophy and priority like you, sincerely appreciated.
beerchug.gif

Well, I'm glad you clarified Cayin's rationale. I certainly wish you luck, as the i5 still looks like a great DAP. Perhaps I'll check back in a few months to see where its development stands.

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #1,373 of 3,742
Just got my Cayin i5. Loving the design. However, the WiFi connection is horrendous (super slow, even when I'm right next to the router). It's been a huge pain to download my offline TIDAL content, taking forever.

I'm on the latest firmware per Cayin's site. Hope they address this WiFi issue.

Sep 21, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #1,374 of 3,742
  Just got my Cayin i5. Loving the design. However, the WiFi connection is horrendous (super slow, even when I'm right next to the router). It's been a huge pain to download my offline TIDAL content, taking forever.

I'm on the latest firmware per Cayin's site. Hope they address this WiFi issue.

they need to address the i5 falling out of its case issue first
rolleyes.gif

Sep 21, 2016 at 11:55 PM Post #1,379 of 3,742
Look what DHL dropped off today :)

It was pre-updated to 1.81. I got Google Play Services and Play Music installed and started listening a bit with MEE P1. Not going to drop serious impressions yet, but I'm not disappointed so far. It's not perfect, but even in its early days i5 is more along the lines of what I was hoping for with FiiO X7. Nice!

Sep 22, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #1,380 of 3,742
Look what DHL dropped off today
smily_headphones1.gif

It was pre-updated to 1.81. I got Google Play Services and Play Music installed and started listening a bit with MEE P1. Not going to drop serious impressions yet, but I'm not disappointed so far. It's not perfect, but even in its early days i5 is more along the lines of what I was hoping for with FiiO X7. Nice!

What do you think is not perfect about it?

I received one tonight as well.  Definitely needs a burn in before I can judge the final sound performance, but so far I think this is among the best touch screen Android interfaces I have seen.  The GUI just makes perfect sense to me, and I still can't get used to X7 interface (ironically, also designed by Hiby)...  The design of the DAP itself is beautiful and the details of the GUI design are very impressive - I'm a sucker for GUI :)

And the most important part, ZERO hiss with Zeus-R and Andromeda and ES60.  ZERO!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back