1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last
  1. DNG A SPTRA

Thanks Andy, very helpful at all, I will try it later:) If for putting up the lyrics, how?

2. Andykong

Sorry, I only download lyric files from Internet, I haven't attempt to build synchronized lyric file myself, so I have to pass this topic to someone who is more knowledgeable in the subject.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  3. ronnel0918
    Just keep the support on Spotify and Tidal.

4. Soundtrap
    It's a piece of art. Until my Plenue M2 and AK70 arrive, I5 is easy the best player in my collection. I am most impressed by the mids and the bass has so much in reserve that I have to tweak the EQ on the first 2 bands quite low, or it'll blow drivers in my phones. Latest firmware is great and unlike Ibasso and FiiO nightmare firmware upgrades, Cayin does it without the hitch and not once did it make something broke, unlike my DX90 which is hopeless past fw 2.15. Only gripes I have: fonts are way to small and been in orange colour not really contrasty enough; and default player can't be permanently turned off, so sometimes if there is a gap in between songs and I am using third party, ie Poweramp, Jet Audio or Onkyo player, default player will start playing , probably thinking: "there is no sound, I better start cracking".​ However, default player is so damn good that I don't even bother with third party ones. What can I say I5 is astonishing piece of kit. I can't wait to see / hear how it compares against Cowon PM2 and AK70. Stay tuned folks.

5. ronnel0918

Will definitely wait for your feedback. The AK70, based on the reviews I have read, is really good for a single DAC. Headfonia's review favors the Cayin i5's sound quality, though. Need to hear/read more.

6. Conext
    Well, I'm glad you clarified Cayin's rationale. I certainly wish you luck, as the i5 still looks like a great DAP. Perhaps I'll check back in a few months to see where its development stands.

7. DNG A SPTRA

Thanks Andy, it's helped me, the album art is finished, the cayin i5 my more beautiful and gorgeous with the album art it:)

8. joshnor713
    Just got my Cayin i5. Loving the design. However, the WiFi connection is horrendous (super slow, even when I'm right next to the router). It's been a huge pain to download my offline TIDAL content, taking forever.

I'm on the latest firmware per Cayin's site. Hope they address this WiFi issue.

9. audio123

they need to address the i5 falling out of its case issue first [​IMG]

10. Rozenberg
    It's user-addressable issue. We can just duct tape the top of the player. [​IMG]

11. audio123

definitely not user-addressable. which other daps have the ability to slip out of the case?

12. Rozenberg
    Weirdly enough, this question got me to think.
    I only know that AK300 has the ability to slip out of my hand though.

13. audio123

your hand size matters too.

14. nmatheis Contributor
    Look what DHL dropped off today :)
    IMG_20160921_192415_01.jpg

It was pre-updated to 1.81. I got Google Play Services and Play Music installed and started listening a bit with MEE P1. Not going to drop serious impressions yet, but I'm not disappointed so far. It's not perfect, but even in its early days i5 is more along the lines of what I was hoping for with FiiO X7. Nice!

15. twister6 Contributor

What do you think is not perfect about it?

I received one tonight as well.  Definitely needs a burn in before I can judge the final sound performance, but so far I think this is among the best touch screen Android interfaces I have seen.  The GUI just makes perfect sense to me, and I still can't get used to X7 interface (ironically, also designed by Hiby)...  The design of the DAP itself is beautiful and the details of the GUI design are very impressive - I'm a sucker for GUI :)

And the most important part, ZERO hiss with Zeus-R and Andromeda and ES60.  ZERO!!!

First

Back
82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91
93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102
Next

Last