1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last
  1. Rozenberg
    Try renaming the image filename to "cover"

2. Conext

That's unfortunate. I was looking forward to the "maturing" of the i5 as an all-in-one Android solution that could not only deliver great sounding audio, but could also perform other Android tasks well.

Frankly, if Cayin isn't going to address any issues like these when they arise, I really don't know why they would bother unlocking Android in the first place. Doing so will only lead to situations like this: where users try to do something "simple" like watch YouTube, only to find that the experience is poor. Which leaves doubt in the minds of users about the i5's ability to perform other simple tasks properly.

All of which could have been avoided if Cayin had just left the OS locked down.

3. heliosphann

I agree, I currently have all three of those and the i5 is a keeper for me. I'm actually surprised how much I don't care for the QP1R. It doesn't output nearly the power as the i5 and the interface is mediocre at best, especially for the price point. Now I haven't directly compared SQ between the 3 units, but plan on doing so in the near future.

4. omastic
    Bummer. I was hoping to keep the i5 as my main source but the noise level is borderline intolerable. Its funny how much cleaner my cell phone sounds with the Samba.

The iEMatch does look interesting, I will look into it. Thanks for the suggestion.

5. BartSimpson1976
    The Jomo Samba is as pe rmy knowledge 19Ohm and 116dB SPL. So it is a hiss magnet as such,
    Wait for first review on the iE Match, that might be an interesting item then.

Andy mentioned they might consider implementing an extra low gain mode for sensitive IEMs, but not yet in their official
    to-do list.

6. xtr4

I think its unfair to put the blame on Cayin for producing an Android based Digital Audio Player that doesn't play YouTube properly.

First of all, its a DAP, so its primary role is to output Hi Res audio which it does.

Secondly, its on Android because of customer requests for a touchscreen based player with access to streaming music. So the easiest route would be to develop on the Android platform to allow familiarity and yet able to build a touch UI without starting from scratch.

If you want to watch YouTube videos, you have your phone for that. You are getting an audio product but expecting too much when it comes to video just because it runs Android (which wasn't Cayin's intention, whether directly or indirectly).
    Also, the reason they left it open is because of user preference on 3rd party audio apps such as Hiby, UAPP, Neutron , etc.

fnkcow and BartSimpson1976 like this.
  7. BartSimpson1976

Just in case: Did you switch on cover view in the music settings?

8. DNG A SPTRA

I will try, before thank you very much:) Rozenberg

9. DNG A SPTRA

True friends, it is unfortunate but I still continue to look forward to the cayin:frowning2:despite of it's been confirmed will not develop it:) because I moved from dx80 to cayin i5 this next match in terms of sound, and I want to use for Youtube and watch the Video. And I don't use for Spotify

10. DNG A SPTRA

Sorry my friend, less so to understand the intention of your writing, if could explain more clearly again, friends?

11. BartSimpson1976
    At the end of Music Settings menu you can choose you have several options which you can switch on or off:

1) Breakpoint Resume
    2) Gapless
    3) Album Art
    4) Lyrics

If album art is switched off you won't see it. If it is switched on you will see it.

12. Andykong

We need to allow user to install third party applications because there a lot relevant software that can enhance the function and user experience of i5. If you look for applications in the category of Music Player, Audio streaming, Cloud music, Internet radio, UPnP/DLNA player, .... , you'll find hundreds of application that are directly relevant to DAP application. Cayin is having a hard time trying to optimize our system to play these software satisfactory, before we can take care of these audio related applications, we don't see the incentives to optimize for video based applications.

Thanks xtr4, my job will be much easier if all our customer can understand our philosophy and priority like you, sincerely appreciated. :beerchug:

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
    xtr4 likes this.
  13. nmatheis Contributor
    I for one want Cayin to focus on audio with i5 and not Android. By that I mean, I'm looking for i5 to be a damn good DAP. Even if it played YouTube, I just can't see myself using that functionality. I've got a phone for that...

learn2route and fnkcow like this.
  14. Andykong

To display Album Art, you have to enable the Album Art function in the Music Setup Menu.

AlbumArtcommand.jpg

And then there are THREE options to direct the choice of Album Art:

(1) Embedded: you can embedded a JPG file into the header of your music file (if the format supported), this is the best option as you can reorganize your music library anytime and yet the album art will also be available. you can use metedata management software such as MP3Tag to do this.

(2) Predefined: Rename the album art to cover.jpg or folder.jpg and place it into the same folder of the music file, i5 will look for the file and display it as the album art for all the music files in the same folder.

(3) Same Filename: In case you want to display a different album art to each song within a folder, you can rename the album art to the EXACT name of the music file, i5 will change to different album art when they have identify a image file that is named after the music file.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  15. DNG A SPTRA

Album art I have activate, friends, thank you've helped me:)

First

Back
81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90
92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101
Next

Last