Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 6, 2016 at 3:55 PM Post #1,201 of 3,742
There are things that is possible, but we, as manufacturer, cannot and will not encourage. Rooting an Android device is one example, and tempering firmware is another. It might work when it was done correctly by expert who knows what they are doing, but can be a disaster when non-technical users are trying to follow suit.

In addition, rooting and/or tempering of firmware will void your warranty, I believe this is a common practice to most, if not all, Android mobile appliance/products.

Of course users are free to discuss or perform whatever they believe as appropriate to their DAP, as long as they are fully aware of the potential consequence, we shall happy to provide limited technical support that is not directly relate to procedure that might endanger warranty coverage.

Yes, I understand what you are saying and you are right of course. I do not want to Root your device (for this to begin with at least a third party should be put recovery example twrp 2.8). I understand what android and how it works (from 2009 on it since version 1.6 and was once even the developer of firmware on xda-Developers).
I just think a reconciliation of time build not just a necessary thing, because it still is a check that the device is Cayin i5 and firmware are set to re-clean (with a wipe) and not as a supplement on top, so kill the device is essentially impossible to jumping from one official firmware on another, including making the downgrade to an earlier version.
Reconciliation takes place in the file META-INF \ com \ google \ android \ updater-script.
Ask your developers, whether it is possible to remove the build string test of time and how it will affect. I am sure that there is nothing wrong if the string removed.

Sep 6, 2016 at 5:45 PM Post #1,202 of 3,742
There are things that is possible, but we, as manufacturer, cannot and will not encourage. Rooting an Android device is one example, and tempering firmware is another. It might work when it was done correctly by expert who knows what they are doing, but can be a disaster when non-technical users are trying to follow suit.

In addition, rooting and/or tempering of firmware will void your warranty, I believe this is a common practice to most, if not all, Android mobile appliance/products.

Of course users are free to discuss or perform whatever they believe as appropriate to their DAP, as long as they are fully aware of the potential consequence, we shall happy to provide limited technical support that is not directly relate to procedure that might endanger warranty.

Your answer about the impossibility of installing the old firmware will result in cancellation of the purchase of your player . I honestly for the first time I've heard that android would not return to previous firmware version . I had a lot of devices based on androis OS , and I have always had the option to return to any version stitched using the factory recovery . Even iBasso dx 50 which uses a stripped down version of androd have the opportunity to choose any firmware , it is known that the firmware may change the sound signature , that is, if I do not ponrav sound I can put/back the previous firmware version . Your player is also sound depends on the firmware , write the users who have the player . You are too limit their users as the company Apple . It saddens me too and I'm looking towards other manufacturers HiFi DAP . Return the firmware to the previous version saves you from critical mistakes that can prevent your programmers from errors nobody is insured . It's amazing that you did use the android OS which is user friendly . You need to remove this restriction , which will contribute to low sales . Waiting for your decision . Good luck !

Sep 6, 2016 at 6:03 PM Post #1,203 of 3,742
Code:
[color=rgb(33, 33, 33)] I agree with the comment above. The ability to roll back to an earlier firmware is very important. To do this, nothing much else to do , simply delete the build date verification string [/color]

Sep 6, 2016 at 10:59 PM Post #1,209 of 3,742
Do you know where to get the cable? Im already check taobao from the post before and didnt find it.

If someone is buying an i5 coaxial cable from this shop for Chord Mojo, please make sure you selected the option marked Mojo on the list.

We are still working on the RCA version of Type-C Coaxial cable, this is the second package concept we have received last week. This reddish package received a very mixed feedback from in-house comment, so we are sourcing for alternative concept right now. Hopefully we can bring this to market by CanJam RMAF (early October).

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 6, 2016 at 11:13 PM Post #1,210 of 3,742
If someone is buying an i5 coaxial cable from this shop for Chord Mojo, please make sure you selected the option marked Mojo on the list.

We are still working on the RCA version of Type-C Coaxial cable, this is the second package concept we have received last week. This reddish package received a very mixed feedback from in-house comment, so we are sourcing for alternative concept right now. Hopefully we can bring this to market by CanJam RMAF (early October).

wow what is with that wooden case? fancy as eff o.O

oh well I'll need the cable in 2 or 3 meter but not urgent so I'll wait until Cayin improves whatever problems they have with the current prototypes :D

Sep 6, 2016 at 11:47 PM Post #1,211 of 3,742
I feel the packaging for the cable is excessive?
A simple paper box that would not add too much to the cost would be a better choice.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:35 AM Post #1,213 of 3,742
Yes, I understand what you are saying and you are right of course. I do not want to Root your device (for this to begin with at least a third party should be put recovery example twrp 2.8). I understand what android and how it works (from 2009 on it since version 1.6 and was once even the developer of firmware on xda-Developers).

I just think a reconciliation of time build not just a necessary thing, because it still is a check that the device is Cayin i5 and firmware are set to re-clean (with a wipe) and not as a supplement on top, so kill the device is essentially impossible to jumping from one official firmware on another, including making the downgrade to an earlier version.

Reconciliation takes place in the file META-INF \ com \ google \ android \ updater-script.

Ask your developers, whether it is possible to remove the build string test of time and how it will affect. I am sure that there is nothing wrong if the string removed.

Your answer about the impossibility of installing the old firmware will result in cancellation of the purchase of your player . I honestly for the first time I've heard that android would not return to previous firmware version . I had a lot of devices based on androis OS , and I have always had the option to return to any version stitched using the factory recovery . Even iBasso dx 50 which uses a stripped down version of androd have the opportunity to choose any firmware , it is known that the firmware may change the sound signature , that is, if I do not ponrav sound I can put/back the previous firmware version . Your player is also sound depends on the firmware , write the users who have the player . You are too limit their users as the company Apple . It saddens me too and I'm looking towards other manufacturers HiFi DAP . Return the firmware to the previous version saves you from critical mistakes that can prevent your programmers from errors nobody is insured . It's amazing that you did use the android OS which is user friendly . You need to remove this restriction , which will contribute to low sales . Waiting for your decision . Good luck !

I said tempering of firmware will endanger your warranty service, it is quite different from "installing the old firmware will result in cancellation of the purchase of your player". I have to issue a warning to public when similar action is mentioned because we have run into similar cases in China when users attempt to root the i5 so that they can install applications that require root access.

Some Android based device allow you to roll back to previous version, but Android device that allow you to install third party applications will enforce version control and does not allow you to roll back to previous version.

There is a valid reason for this practice. Android has a backward compatible policy on firmware development, meaning if you were to installed an application in v1.0 firmware, the application should work at v2.0 firmware as well. However if you were to install a firmware at v2.0, Android cannot assume that the application will work at v1.0 firmware, that's why Android does not allow the device to roll back to an older firmware version if the device allow user to install third party applications.

In the case of System upgrade instead of firmware upgrade (such as from Android 4.4 to Android 5), the system upgrade process will examine each installed third party application and attempt to optimize the installation, if you have conducted similar upgrade process in your Android mobile phone, you probably have notice the long pause required in the applications optimization process.

I shall bring up the issue to remove the build string test of time in subsequent in-house meeting and we probably will do a feasibility test to evaluate its implication. Can't promise anything right now, because we really have to study the consequence when we break the backward compatible policy of Android firmware practice. Even when we can confirm the option is technically feasible, we need to build in certain detection and warning/disclaimer process in the system before we can implement this option. Please understand any chance that detour from an establish practice or system standard will involve a very lengthy validation process from Manufacturing point of view, You can consider this as inflexible when compare to other smaller establishment, that's the cost and trade-off between a resourceful established corporate vs a flexible workshop.

Sep 7, 2016 at 12:42 AM Post #1,214 of 3,742
I feel the packaging for the cable is excessive?

A simple paper box that would not add too much to the cost would be a better choice.

I agree. It's a cable. It doesn't need fancier packaging than your DAPs Andykong :p

You are looking at a paper box. :D

The outer finishing is not even wood veneer, they are just paper printed with wood texture. :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Back