Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD
Sep 11, 2017 at 6:52 PM Post #3,451 of 3,742
I got this answer from Company in China where i purchased original Cayin leather case after waiting 20 days
Can you talk with post office see if it have arrived, since no update other than it have arrived in spain.
I talked with post office they just told me what i already knew leather case have arrived in spain and in some days i will get it
that is quite a long waiting time

Sep 11, 2017 at 8:23 PM Post #3,452 of 3,742
I want to have an alternative to Hibymusic on Cayin i5 so i trying different Music player from android.
Many music player App not working like Onkyo Music player (just crash when starting it)

Of the ones i tried i found Poweramp and Neutron player to be best for Cayin i5 atleast.

Update:
I have a issue on poweramp with Flashing square flashes near poweramp buttons.
Right now it went away by disabling android active mode and disable show Eq buttons
I dont know if that fixed it but was playing now and wonderful i was playing with poweramp
for 1 hour before i turned it off without seeing the Flashing.
That was the only thing that i didnt like about poweramp and if the problem is gone then im happy

I purchased some Poweramp skins and very happy playing around with it
having Neutron as a alternative (however have to purchase the evaluation version since is expired)

It can be there is more music players that work for cayin i5 but Hibymusic,poweramp and neutron
is what i stay with, and so happy how poweramp work now.

Today i liked playing with my Cayin i5 and Poweramp

Update 2:
Installed this android App they work fine:

Calculator Plus Digitalchemy, LLC (best calculator that is there)
steampunk calculator green studio
steampunk calculator v.r.d
Calculator ccalc apps
Calcu designer calculators
File manager simple mobile tools (fastest file manger i could find, Recomended)
Simple calendar simple mobile tools
Boat browser
opera mini browser
Dolphin browser
Poweramp
Neutron

Last edited:
Sep 13, 2017 at 5:47 PM Post #3,453 of 3,742
https://www.facebook.com/events/1533491470077410

We have packed and will proceed to the Guangzhou AV Fair 2017 early tomorrow morning, This is the largest AV Show in Southern part of China, Cayin will host three rooms to showcase our traditional HiFi and Personal Audio products. Basically the full Cayin front-line team will attend this event so we might not be answer any question till mid next week. Please pardon for the delay.

Cayin Guangzhou AV Fair 2017.jpg

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Sep 15, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #3,454 of 3,742
Update I have been without internet at home (and are still because of a company failure)
But i recived Cayin i5 Leather case yesterday it look very Legendary vintage :)

Also i found a Fix for the Album art problem, where having a playlist album
with 40 songs where each song has different album art and all songs tagged as a Album (way i use playlist)

Before album view in Hibymusic and Poweramp in cayin i5 would display album art from LAST song
my new fix is this

I copy over the whole album from pc to Cayin i5, except for the FIRST song
then i copy over SEPARATLY the FIRST SONG, then i scan liberary with Cayin i5
And what a miracle instead of album art showing up from last song nr.40 , it show album art in album view
from Song nr1 (because i transfered it in the end so i got it working that way)

Now i only have to find a fix to get the Short songs (intros under 1 minute) to show up in hibymusic
as i said before the first song if is under 1 minute intro song it wont show up in albums, that happen to all albums
all have in common is a short song intro under 1 minute. dont happen in poweramp, is sad but not fix yet for this, short song wont show up at all in hibymusic if under 1 minute, is not only about album art that i dont like, but can get around it by using poweramp.

Also had a STRANGE problem with cayin i5 yesterday
Screen turned off (backlight screen saving was turned on)
Then my CAYIN i5 would not turn on at all, , i conected to pc and after several minuts
i got it ON, i saw battery was 25% so it was not battery
it scared me but now cayin i5 work again, this should not happen with new devices like this
but i try to enjoy my nice little Cayin i5 and hope it keep working.

Last edited:
Sep 15, 2017 at 8:40 AM Post #3,455 of 3,742
Oh I remembered, I peeled of the second screen protecion layer
on cayin i5 backside yesterday, GOOD NEWS no holes on Cayin i5 backside
the holes was Bubbles on the second screen protecion layer which is strange since is new
and was under the first screen protecion layer, and cayin i5 i purchased new and sealed
so it can be a factory screen protector problem with cayin i5

anyway all screen protectors are finaly off HAPPY and leather Case is on Cayin i5 :)

Sep 15, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,456 of 3,742
Hi Andykong . It's great that you are doing better ! Say Hello to your colleagues John and remind him that if he contacted support Neutrone !!! Please !!!! We need Neutrone with full support for hi rez and dsd !!! Hyby music is quite sad and flawed , lots of errors , raw product ! Neutrone stable , proper , audiophile !! Comfortable !!!

Sep 15, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #3,457 of 3,742
Hi Andykong . It's great that you are doing better ! Say Hello to your colleagues John and remind him that if he contacted support Neutrone !!! Please !!!! We need Neutrone with full support for hi rez and dsd !!! Hyby music is quite sad and flawed , lots of errors , raw product ! Neutrone stable , proper , audiophile !! Comfortable !!!
We definitely need Neutron. If it is available, you could close your eyes to other shortcomings.

Sep 19, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #3,458 of 3,742

Good Day!

It's really the best way to do Cayin I5 better! Neutron is perfect and developer team is ready to cooperate. Plz, don't forget to contact Neutron support. We are waiting :L3000:

Sep 19, 2017 at 12:16 PM Post #3,459 of 3,742
Hello, Guys! Just arrived my new i5 which I use with UE900s (30 Ohm, 101 db). There are two cables, which I use - stock and copper one of Chinese origin (claimed to be 8 core monocrystal copper, 320 Ohm – looks solid). Both cables produce noticeable background noise which can be determined at the beginning of the track or in between the instruments playing. UE900s seem to be not so very sensitive IEMS compared, as example, to Andromeda (117 db).

Is it really normal situation? I don't think so. Who is responsible for the noise – player, IEMs or the cables?

BTW, overall impression is good, but I do not really feel that warmth and an inspiration as with my Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers with Sony amp. The mentioned combination doesn’t produce such background noise.

Sep 23, 2017 at 3:59 AM Post #3,460 of 3,742

I had a surgery few days ago so I was absent from work, I didn't report duty yet, will tell John about this when I run into him again later.

Good Day!

It's really the best way to do Cayin I5 better! Neutron is perfect and developer team is ready to cooperate. Plz, don't forget to contact Neutron support. We are waiting :L3000:

We definitely need Neutron. If it is available, you could close your eyes to other shortcomings.

We are setting up meeting with HiBy to discuss this issue again, will try our best to pursue the Neutron option. :beerchug:

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:14 AM Post #3,461 of 3,742
Hello, Guys! Just arrived my new i5 which I use with UE900s (30 Ohm, 101 db). There are two cables, which I use - stock and copper one of Chinese origin (claimed to be 8 core monocrystal copper, 320 Ohm – looks solid). Both cables produce noticeable background noise which can be determined at the beginning of the track or in between the instruments playing. UE900s seem to be not so very sensitive IEMS compared, as example, to Andromeda (117 db).

Is it really normal situation? I don't think so. Who is responsible for the noise – player, IEMs or the cables?

BTW, overall impression is good, but I do not really feel that warmth and an inspiration as with my Monitor Audio bookshelf speakers with Sony amp. The mentioned combination doesn’t produce such background noise.

Something not right with your aftermarket cable, 8 core OCC copper at 320ohm? If the cable has an internal impedance rated at 320ohm, it will change the sound signature of the system significantly.

the UE900s is not ultra sensitive, you should only heard a faint hissing sound even when you are looking for it. Si U am surprised that you heard background noise that is disturbing to regular listening. Do you have other IEMs to test and compare with? We need to have something to AB compare before we know if the problem is originated from IEM, player or cables.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #3,462 of 3,742
I finally get in touched with Tidal and the contact I am working with right now is super friendly and helpful, lets hope we'll work things out eventually.

Tidal is working on a new engine that might resolve the problem we have identified earlier on and I just received a Beta version of that. I need one to two users to help me out in testing Tidal with i5. So if you are a Tidal user and has a Cayin i5 at your disposal, please PM me, many thanks in advance.

Sep 23, 2017 at 4:25 AM Post #3,463 of 3,742
So, dead silence again by AndyKong about an issue with volume wheel with the latest firmware update?

Can somebody chime in, am I the only one who's volume wheel on I5 works in the opposite direction since upgrading from 1.18 to any of the later firmwares?

Sorry for the long delay before we I come back to you.

For the record, we didn't change the direction of volume control in any firmware version. We have tried many combinations but we cannot replicate the problem you have encountered. The most likely answer came from our Structural Engineer who believe that one of the internal components inside the volume knob of your i5 is broken, so this might be a hardware failure issue. I suggest you get in touch with your dealer and seek for their support. Or you can email our after-sale support service@cayin.cn if needed.

Sep 23, 2017 at 11:02 AM Post #3,464 of 3,742
Something not right with your aftermarket cable, 8 core OCC copper at 320ohm? If the cable has an internal impedance rated at 320ohm, it will change the sound signature of the system significantly.

the UE900s is not ultra sensitive, you should only heard a faint hissing sound even when you are looking for it. Si U am surprised that you heard background noise that is disturbing to regular listening. Do you have other IEMs to test and compare with? We need to have something to AB compare before we know if the problem is originated from IEM, player or cables.

Agree on that. UE900s are average in terms of sensivity. To be more specific: if you push play on any track and decrease the volume to “0” level, you can hear the background hiss which is not affected by switching the gain level. This is the background hiss I mean.

I have tested the IEMs I have nearby and here is what I got:

1. UE900s and stock cable. Noticeable hiss level, which I would define as disturbing.

2. UE900s and custom cable (see the picture). More or less the same as p. 1.

3. Triple fi with cheap custom cable. The noise is comparable to pp.1-2.

4. Zero tolerance carbo tenore (16 Ohm, 102 db). Very low level of noise, almost unnoticeable.

Considering p.4, I would extract DAP out of the equation, leaving cable and/or IEM as suspects. The question is if the custom cable can decrease the background notice or it the peculiarity of IEMs no matter what.
P70919-171311.jpg

Sep 23, 2017 at 1:04 PM Post #3,465 of 3,742
Agree on that. UE900s are average in terms of sensivity. To be more specific: if you push play on any track and decrease the volume to “0” level, you can hear the background hiss which is not affected by switching the gain level. This is the background hiss I mean.

I have tested the IEMs I have nearby and here is what I got:

1. UE900s and stock cable. Noticeable hiss level, which I would define as disturbing.

2. UE900s and custom cable (see the picture). More or less the same as p. 1.

3. Triple fi with cheap custom cable. The noise is comparable to pp.1-2.

4. Zero tolerance carbo tenore (16 Ohm, 102 db). Very low level of noise, almost unnoticeable.

Considering p.4, I would extract DAP out of the equation, leaving cable and/or IEM as suspects. The question is if the custom cable can decrease the background notice or it the peculiarity of IEMs no matter what.

I see, so the noticeable background noise and disturbing condition was referring to listening to i5 without any music playing. Let's said we have a different benchmark and reference for the same term. I personally think think kind of hissing test is meaningless and irrelevant, but users can have their person opinion on their machine. Hope you enjoy your music from here on. :beerchug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back