1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cayin i5 Lossless Android DAP with AKM4490 DAC supporting 32/384 PCM + 64/128 DSD

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by nmatheis, Mar 21, 2016.
Tags:
First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last
  1. Numpsy
    I'm on 2.2, and my volume goes up when I scroll the wheel up, and down when I scroll it down.

2. Ziggomatic
    Mine was unaffected by any of the new firmware updates.

3. etteoh
    The unit that I returned would freeze as and when it liked regardless of what's being done - playback, browsing the UI, left untouched, etc and it would usually happen anywhere between 5 - 15 minutes, depending on what is playing. If the material was hi-res / DSD, the freeze would happen sooner. When the i5 freezes, I would get no notification and the player would become completely unresponsive. The only thing I can do after that is a hard shutdown. This is consistent with all the different firmware, memory cards, songs I have tried so I am sure whatever the problem was, it had to be hardware related.

I'm still waiting for the replacement unit to arrive. It took a little longer because we had a very long weekend. So hopefully in the next couple days.

4. etteoh
    Don't mention it Andy. You have done a lot and I am sure you will continue to do whatever you can in your capacity to bring continuous improvements to the i5. It is a great piece of kit the i5 and I for one would love to see it evolving. As I stated in my post, I haven't personally been this much impressed with the sonics of a DAP since the AK380. The i5 certainly has a lot of potential. I am hoping the replacement unit I get will be fault free. Personally, I don't ask for much in a DAP. As long as it plays my files in a stable manner with great sound (which it already has) it is good enough for me. Just so we're clear, I speak for myself when I say I don't need all those Bluetooth / WiFi streaming mumbo jumbos. Call me old school but let's just I like to keep certain options separate.

Also Andy, I am sorry to learn about the damages and inconvenience the typhoon has brought. I hope everyone is ok and the damages are not too extreme. Take good care.

5. etteoh
    Sorry, never seen this issue even when I had the i5 running on different firmware versions.

6. Andykong
    I am still looking for "alternatives" to improve the i5, find a lead recently, it can be a quick way out, but I am still in the early stage of getting this done. Supporting i5 is one of the toughest part since I join Cayin, I sure hope this will ended with a decent full stop instead of an exclamation mark.

Thank you very much for your concern, we are basically back on track and focused on the production delay right now. Injured staff had released from hospital yesterday, one fully recovered and will back to work soon, the other will required a slightly longer time before he can fully recovered and back to work. Lets hope we have more sunshine with Cayin in the rest of 2017.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor page on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
  7. etteoh
    Exclamation mark is good. The word "Perfect" has more impact with an exclamation than a full stop :ksc75smile:

I am very sorry to hear there were staff that got injured from the typhoon. I wish them well and a speedy recovery. Additionally, more sunshine for Cayin and us longtime i5 supporters.

Andykong likes this.
  8. frost15
    Andy, I saw it on the news yesterday and it sure looked scary... Hope you all get well and back on track asap. Best regards.

9. nmatheis Contributor
    Glad to hear i5 development is still underway.

Even more glad to hear the Cayin workers are all safe now and on their way to a full recovery!

10. Jmop
    Can someone compare the sound quality of the Shozy Alien with this DAP? I have the Gold but any version or even the Alien+ would be fine, just so I have an idea. Only looking for sound comparison with IEMs, don't care about hiss or anything. Thanks!

11. bluedolphin
    I have been sick with feber so i could not have played more with my player
    But today i Peeled of the protection screen sticker on the backside and front of the player
    I though it was going to be fine but now

I am Extremely disapointed my new Cayin i5 came with 3 holes on the backside
    it dosnt goes away.

Update:
    I Now see there is possible double screen protection sticker on backside
    i only have take off the first one, am i supose to take of the second?

If i remove the second protection on backside maybe i will see if the holes
    is on the player itself or hopefully only it is on the second protection paper
    what a relief if is on the paper.

I didnt see it until now i was holding the player up on the daylight from window
    now i am considering removing the second protection paper

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  12. bluedolphin
    .. see above

Last edited: Sep 9, 2017
  13. bluedolphin
    20 Days have now passed since the Leather case was shipped from China
    I have still not get it, Last update was it arrived to spain last week.
    The Seller in China says when i purchased it take 10-15 days now 20 days have passed
    and i still havent got it.

I wish to know if Cayin i5 have 2 Stickers on the backside anyone remember
    Mine seem to come with 2.
    I want to know if i can remove this second sticker on i5 backside?

14. etteoh
    There are 2 layers at the back indeed. You should remove the first layer which you already did. It looks like there were some dust dots that were already there when the base layer protector was applied and unfortunately these dots don't go away unless you remove off the other layer too. Personally I would remove it since I can't stand the dust dots but that's just the OCD in me speaking. Anyway, there should be an extra protector or two that came with i5. You can always apply a new one once the carbon fiber surface is wiped dust free.

bluedolphin likes this.
  15. bluedolphin
    Thanks, I hope the holes are just bubbles on the second layer i will see when i take the second layer off, and all is fine when i remove the 2 layer
    Im waiting for the Leather case then i could have it more safe, 17 days and counting on its way from china (usualy take 10-15 days)

First

Back
220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229
231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240
Next

Last