Cayin HA-6A Class A KT88/EL34 Tube Headphone Amplifier
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:21 PM Post #799 of 1,923
I had a similar issue to this on my HA 6A. Had a similar high pitched tone on my verite closed headphones. It was slightly better on single ended and using a preamp before the HA 6A. I figured it was an impedance matching issue. I ended up getting an impedance adapter made by a friend and no longer have this issue.
Hmm I noticed it on stock and other el34 tubes.

But the problem only occur with 300ohm ZMF headphones at low impedance setting, and you won't encounter similar problem with low impedance headphones at the same impedance setting, maybe it is an impedance mismatch problem.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Jul 26, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #800 of 1,923
I have some noise from my PC by USB port it's silent when I use notebook as a source so I'm looking for streamer that work with HA-6A without noise. Can anyone recommend please?

Have you tried adding an isolator between the PC and DAC? Something like iFi iGalvanic3.0 USB might solve your problem.

Alternatively, look for streamer or digital transport with coaxial or AES/EBU output. This will get rid of USB Audio in your music chain completely, and in many cases, offer a very silent background in your system.

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:22 PM Post #801 of 1,923
Hi guys

I'm looking at the Ha-6A to drive my susvaras. I'm currently using a denafrips hyperion power amp but am unsure if the HA-6A can drive my cans. Anyone have any experiences with HA-6A + susvara? Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!

Aug 15, 2021 at 12:28 PM Post #802 of 1,923
Hi guys

I'm looking at the Ha-6A to drive my susvaras. I'm currently using a denafrips hyperion power amp but am unsure if the HA-6A can drive my cans. Anyone have any experiences with HA-6A + susvara? Would really appreciate some feedback. Thanks!
Yes can confirm. I use it with my susvara
And 1266 and it drives them wonderfully.

Aug 15, 2021 at 1:03 PM Post #804 of 1,923
Anyone knows a good site to buy replacement 22DE4 tubes? I was also wondering if they need to be matched for the rectifier. I am hearing hum and hiss on mine and I want to try to replace them to see if it fixes the problem.

Aug 15, 2021 at 4:49 PM Post #807 of 1,923
Aug 15, 2021 at 6:35 PM Post #808 of 1,923
Hi

How is the bass impact with the ha-6a and what tubes do you use them with? Thanks for the reply.
Bass impact is definitely a little more on solid state power amp however not by much. The ha 6a drives the really well and the trade offs are well worth it. The kt88 generally give more bass impact while the el34 sound more natural over all. I use winged c svetlana el34 and the telefunken new kt88. Then I switch between Sylvania 22de4 and ge both nos. The pre amp tubes (12au7) I have a pair of super rare pinched waist ones.

Aug 15, 2021 at 10:44 PM Post #809 of 1,923
Thanks, Do you know if they need to be matched?

No, they don't. One of the main purpose of the rectifying circuit is to isolate the power supply circuitry into independent sections and minimise interference from each other, so they rectifier tubes are supposed to be independent from each other, hence they don't need to be matched.

Aug 16, 2021 at 9:45 AM Post #810 of 1,923
Anyone knows a good site to buy replacement 22DE4 tubes? I was also wondering if they need to be matched for the rectifier. I am hearing hum and hiss on mine and I want to try to replace them to see if it fixes the problem.

In my case noise/hiss happened to me when I use PC as a source when I use streamer noise/hiss disappear but not sure about your case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back