Thanks Andy! I really enjoyed unboxing the amp, and listening to it even more
I did have some questions for you regarding the HA-6A:
Thanks for the wonderful support and information so far. Cayin has been killing it with their headphone amp offerings the past couple of years.
Check my response in blue:
- Is the volume pot the same aluminum shielded 24-step pot in the HA-300?
Yes, HA-300 and HA-6A shared the same volume pot.
- Aside from the audible hiss for sensitive headphones how did you guys get this tube amp so quiet?
We learned a lot from the HA-300 which runs on Direct Heated Triodes, DHT are more sensitive to micorphoic than EL34 and KT88. Besides, we design and produce our own power transformers and output transformers, they are 100% fit to our design and requirements.
- I'm trying to get a more lush, mid-forward sound out of the HA-6A. Are there any tubes you or the engineers recommend for this route?
Sorry, I am not that familiar with the sound signature of different 12AU7.
- Do you recommend we change out the 12au7 tubes first before either the EL34/KT88 tubes to alter the sound signature? I know you mentioned this for the HA-300 in its thread.
If you want to get a more lush, mid-forward sound, I suggest you switch the power tube to EL34 and then start to roll the 12AU7. To my ears, the KT88 are relatively more neutral while the EL34 sounds more lush, so EL34 is a better starting point to you.
- I saw Cayin posted some Coronavirus updates in the above mentioned thread, curious if the same halt of production applies to the HA-6A's April release date. We want everyone overseas to take as much time and safety as possible so we understand if there's a delay.
Up to this moment, we are still expecting a HA-6A production run by early April. We are getting better every day, and product that are less depends on US and Japan component tends to be safer in our schedule.