Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Oct 13, 2022 at 1:54 PM Post #2,251 of 6,182
Power supply fuse depend on your region -

~ 220V-240V : T1.6AL250V;
~ 100V-120V: T3.15AL250V
Hmm, by what you say I've got the wrong fuse in. I can't remember now where I got the idea I should use the 1.6a fuse. I think that's the type I pulled out originally (though, it was months ago and old brain and all). The plot thickens...

I'm sorry if I've given incorrect info in this thread!

Oct 13, 2022 at 2:21 PM Post #2,252 of 6,182
Hmm, by what you say I've got the wrong fuse in. I can't remember now where I got the idea I should use the 1.6a fuse. I think that's the type I pulled out originally (though, it was months ago and old brain and all). The plot thickens...

I'm sorry if I've given incorrect info in this thread!

I got this from the manual of my mk2. Could be different for mk1?
0795B107-E959-4903-81A7-5DBC766317E5.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2022 at 6:26 PM Post #2,253 of 6,182
Couldnt make it work no matter what with the PSVANE tubes, so the seller agreed to take them back and check. We'll see what happens.

Oct 14, 2022 at 6:29 AM Post #2,254 of 6,182
I got this from the manual of my mk2. Could be different for mk1?
I believe you might be right that the fuse could be different, also on the mk2 you access the fuse from the back side of the amp externally where the power cord attaches, and you don't have to take apart the amp to access it like you do with the mk1.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2022 at 6:11 AM Post #2,255 of 6,182
May I ask for those who use the amp bookshelf speaker near field desk listening, what speakers would be ideal? Will LS3/5A speakers or Rogers Studio 3, or some of the small Dali speakers be okay?

Oct 16, 2022 at 10:06 AM Post #2,256 of 6,182
I believe you might be right that the fuse could be different, also on the mk2 you access the fuse from the back side of the amp externally where the power cord attaches, and you don't have to take apart the amp to access it like you do with the mk1.
From what source can one purchase additional samples of those two spare fuses?

Jeff.

Oct 16, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #2,257 of 6,182
From what source can one purchase additional samples of those two spare fuses?

Jeff.
If you want the same basic fuse, I bought some extras from Digi-Key, which is in Canada. Less than a dollar a fuse. They've been very helpful when I've needed extra parts for Bottlehead builds and whatnot - they have everything! But you could also just google the fuse values and lots of options show up.

Or for fancy fuses, Parts Connexion, also in Canada, has lots of audiophile bits and bobs, though maybe less selection for specific fuse values.

Oct 19, 2022 at 10:37 PM Post #2,258 of 6,182
Some questions about the Cayin HA300MK2 amplifier.

If a 22de4 tube suddenly/finally fails, can it damage the main amplifier eg. by producing too high a power output when it fails?

What about sudden failures of the 6sn7 driver tube and 300B power output tube - can they damage the amplifier?

Regarding the use of NOS 6sn7 tubes, are the GT, GTA and GTB versions all equally compatible with this amplifier?

Jeff.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 4:22 AM Post #2,259 of 6,182
Some questions about the Cayin HA300MK2 amplifier.

If a 22de4 tube suddenly/finally fails, can it damage the main amplifier eg. by producing too high a power output when it fails?

What about sudden failures of the 6sn7 driver tube and 300B power output tube - can they damage the amplifier?

Regarding the use of NOS 6sn7 tubes, are the GT, GTA and GTB versions all equally compatible with this amplifier?

Jeff.

Hi Jeff, about your questions:
1. The current from 22DE4 or 6SN7 is too small to damage the amplifier.
2. There is HV fuse to protect HA-300MK2 from being damaged when 300B tube is failed.
3. About 6SN7 tubes, GT, GTA and GTB versions are ok.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/
Oct 20, 2022 at 5:09 AM Post #2,260 of 6,182
2. There is HV fuse to protect HA-300MK2 from being damaged when 300B tube is failed.
For 1) what about ecc32, that was specified to be usable in the manual? Is there a rated gain tolerance as well?

I had a discussion regarding 6C8G, and was told it has similar gain to the ecc32, i.e. it is usable with the ha300bmk2 with converters, wonder if anyone else would like to chime in

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 10:15 AM Post #2,261 of 6,182
Cayin Support,

Thank you for replying.

I have another question. I am in the process of purchasing a Cayin HA300MK2 amplifier and when talking to Musicteck in the USA he stated that Cayin has recently changed its transformer to decrease the possibility of noise. He had an open box MK2 version in stock (silver color), but he stated that it did not have the latest transformer and that he would have to change the transformer to get it to be equivalent to the latest version. Alternatively, he stated that I could order a new black version of the MK2, which would then be shipped from China and it would automatically have the new transformer.

Could you please explain when Cayin decided to change the transformer and why it was necessary?

My second question. What is the present-day availability of the Cayin HA300MK2 headphone amplifier? I placed a special order with a Cayin-authorised dealer in the USA in early October, and I have not received any information on when it is likely to he shipped to the US Distributor from China.

Thanks,

Jeff.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2022 at 11:05 AM Post #2,262 of 6,182
Cayin Support,

Thank you for replying.

I have another question. I am in the process of purchasing a Cayin HA300MK2 amplifier and when talking to Musicteck in the USA he stated that Cayin has recently changed its transformer to decrease the possibility of noise. He had an open box MK2 version in stock (silver color), but he stated that it did not have the latest transformer and that he would have to change the transformer to get it to be equivalent to the latest version. Alternatively, he stated that I could order a new black version of the MK2, which would then be shipped from China and it would automatically have the new transformer.

Could you please explain when Cayin decided to change the transformer and why it was necessary?

My second question. What is the present-day availability of the Cayin HA300MK2 headphone amplifier? I placed a special order with a Cayin-authorised dealer in the USA in early October, and I have not received any information on when it is likely to he shipped to the US Distributor from China.

Thanks,

Jeff.
Interesting! I just recently got a replacement unit, and it's quite a bit quieter than the first one. I thought I just got lucky, but perhaps there is a reason. . .

Oct 20, 2022 at 5:44 PM Post #2,263 of 6,182
Comparo Video is up!:

ZMFheadphones ZMF headphones hand-crafts wood headphones in Chicago, USA with special attention to exceptional sound and craftsmanship. Stay updated on ZMFheadphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/ZMFheadphones https://twitter.com/ZMFheadphones https://www.instagram.com/zmfheadphones/?hl=en http://www.zmfheadphones.com/zmf-originals/ contactzmf@gmail.com
Oct 21, 2022 at 3:28 AM Post #2,265 of 6,182
Cayin Support,

Thank you for replying.

Thanks,

Jeff.
Thanks Jeff. In early production HA-300MK2 was produced 115V/230V Dual Voltaged. As for the ones we shipped to USA they are 115V ones. However as we got reports from our US Distributors and Customers that in USA for some areas the voltage can go as high as 117V or even 120V. Under such case it will give high burden to the power transformer. As a result in order to guarantee a reliable Power Supply we decided to produce 120V for USA market.

HA-300MK2 latest batch are already available. We have shipped out the new version to both ZMF and RSM. You can check with the dealer where you placed the order and they can give you a estimated date when you can get your HA-300MK2.

Cayin Stay updated on Cayin at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://en.cayin.cn/

Users who are viewing this thread

Back