Cayin HA-300MK2 (2022) TOTL Transformer coupled Direct Heated Triode Tube HeadAmp (Page 91)
Apr 18, 2021 at 8:46 PM Post #946 of 5,796
The stepped attenuator is a custom make components, the setting of steps have to take care of both speaker and headphone applications, and this indeed is a compromise to certain extend. The 24 volume steps are generally adequate for different headphones we tired, but if you need to perform volume matching to, for example, within 1dB range, we need a lot more than 24 steps to do that correctly.

Oh, it would be really nice if the ha300 had more volume steps to accommodate more headphones, and a 4.4mm output. 😬

Apr 19, 2021 at 12:04 AM Post #947 of 5,796
I'm looking for impressions of how the Auteur fares with the HA-300. What I suspect is that it should synergize well, and maybe/possibly/hopefully really well.

I'm sorely tempted to get one -- I mean get one again -- and by again, I mean for a third time, actually :astonished::astonished::astonished: -- just in order to see...

Apr 19, 2021 at 3:00 AM Post #948 of 5,796
I'm looking for impressions of how the Auteur fares with the HA-300. What I suspect is that it should synergize well, and maybe/possibly/hopefully really well.

I'm sorely tempted to get one -- I mean get one again -- and by again, I mean for a third time, actually :astonished::astonished::astonished: -- just in order to see...
How well does your HA-300 run the Phi-TC?

Apr 19, 2021 at 1:56 PM Post #949 of 5,796
How well does your HA-300 run the Phi-TC?

It does very well with the TC. And I do like the TC on tube amps generally (in contrast to the Susvara, where I have a clear bias for solid state).

However, I'm ... probably going to put my TCs up for sale, due to only liking them, but not loving them.

But on the Auteurs, now I have one on order, so eventually, I'll be able to find out the answer to the question I asked. :)

Apr 20, 2021 at 3:54 AM Post #950 of 5,796
It does very well with the TC. And I do like the TC on tube amps generally (in contrast to the Susvara, where I have a clear bias for solid state).

However, I'm ... probably going to put my TCs up for sale, due to only liking them, but not loving them.

But on the Auteurs, now I have one on order, so eventually, I'll be able to find out the answer to the question I asked. :)

@kyle1010 his TC is up for sale, and he said it sounds great on tubes!

Apr 24, 2021 at 10:30 PM Post #951 of 5,796
I’m interested in buying an HA-300 if anybody Is looking to sell theirs. I was saving up for a Flux Volot but frankly I’m tired of waiting so am ready to make an investment in tubes. There is a HA-6a listed on the classified but frankly i think the HA-300 will be more to my liking to pair with the 1266 Phi TC and HE6 SE V2 along with my other Hps.

I figure I’d give it a month on here before heading to the US distributor.

Apr 24, 2021 at 11:41 PM Post #952 of 5,796
I’m interested in buying an HA-300 if anybody Is looking to sell theirs. I was saving up for a Flux Volot but frankly I’m tired of waiting so am ready to make an investment in tubes. There is a HA-6a listed on the classified but frankly i think the HA-300 will be more to my liking to pair with the 1266 Phi TC and HE6 SE V2 along with my other Hps.

I figure I’d give it a month on here before heading to the US distributor.

DM me your email, I'll connect you to my dealer, he may be abe to get you a good deal one.

May 1, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #953 of 5,796
Got a bit bored and finally swapped out the stock RCA 22DE4 rectifier tubes with the NOS GE 22DE4 and I gotta say, it's a welcome improvement! A bit more body and sweetness to the mids and vocals. It's a cheap tube to get and I recommend you guys try it out!

Has anyone tried out the Sylvania 22DE4s?

Last edited:
May 1, 2021 at 8:14 PM Post #954 of 5,796
Just joined the club (bought from @Level5 )! A bit too soon give impressions since I just unboxed and set it up a couple hours ago, but more to come.

iPDj1z5.jpg
After 3 weeks now, how do you like your ha300?

May 1, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #955 of 5,796
By the way @Andykong what's the reasoning for choosing the 22DE4 for rectifiers?

May 1, 2021 at 8:17 PM Post #956 of 5,796
May 3, 2021 at 2:08 AM Post #957 of 5,796
Got a bit bored and finally swapped out the stock RCA 22DE4 rectifier tubes with the NOS GE 22DE4 and I gotta say, it's a welcome improvement! A bit more body and sweetness to the mids and vocals. It's a cheap tube to get and I recommend you guys try it out!

Has anyone tried out the Sylvania 22DE4s?

So I went back to the stock RCA 22DE4 rectifier tubes. Things I've noticed w/ the GE after a few days. There is indeed more body in the mids and midbass, but the vocal seems to also become "less in the space" but not exactly forward. The width of the soundstage hasn't changed, but I feel things have flattened a bit front to back. What's worse, there are times where vocal harmonies, like in the chorus of Christina Perri's A Thousand Years where I can hear mild distortion within those harmonies.

Now that I switched back, there is slightly less body, but much better imaging and spatial separation. Things sound more distinct, tighter. And maybe that's what I thought was the "fuller body" at first, it's more flattening and clumping of texture. I feel I hear more micro details with the RCAs now. This is all very noticeable on M83's Outro, which I think is real great torture test for separation with so many instruments and chords happening.

May 5, 2021 at 6:29 AM Post #958 of 5,796
Hey Cayin HA300 lovers

Try to get few 22DE4 tubes as spare. But can not find them as quad sell or bigger stock for sell available.
Any links will be very helpful.

Regards,
Kim

May 5, 2021 at 10:48 AM Post #959 of 5,796
After 3 weeks now, how do you like your ha300?

Enjoying it, but I have to admit I have I haven't given it as much listening time as I should. Too much other gear distracting me, but I do need to spend some serious time with it. I'd like to try some upgraded 300b tubes to see what it can really do.

May 5, 2021 at 11:12 AM Post #960 of 5,796
Enjoying it, but I have to admit I have I haven't given it as much listening time as I should. Too much other gear distracting me, but I do need to spend some serious time with it. I'd like to try some upgraded 300b tubes to see what it can really do.
I'd be interested in EAT 300B

Users who are viewing this thread

Back