Cayin C9: Dual Nutube, Fully Balanced Class A/AB Portable HeadAmp
Apr 12, 2024 at 1:52 AM Post #6,211 of 6,212
Thank you. I'll just repost what I put in the other thread.

To please request that they make the tuning switches effects more substantial this time. A greater slam effect, or even having an FR related effect.

When I first bought my Cayin C9 years ago I was hoping for it to have a profile similar to the recently released Ibasso PB5 Osprey nutube portable amp. And I find the difference on the C9 available modes as being too subtle.

I still love the Cayin C9, because it is really an amazing desktop level transparent amp; does not compress the dynamics or staging at all!...But I would like a warmer (and possibly darker) profile option out of it.

Otherwise it'll be redundant alongside their being the availability of the C9. C9 really is so fleshed out and can see alot of people feeling they don't need to move on the the update model. They really made the original C9 that good.
"Otherwise it'll be redundant alongside there being the availability of the C9. C9 really is so fleshed out and can see alot of people feeling they don't need to move on the the update model. They really made the original C9 that good."

If this was true there would be very few new amplifiers/DAPs, there is always room for improvement in specific directions, that's progress, you even express a dissatisfaction with the C9 when you say "the difference on the C9 available modes as being too subtle" so Cayin may focus on a specific mode and bring it further, reach beyond what you can imagine, cross the bridge between dream and reality, also the price might be lower and what about all those people who haven't bought the C9 yet? So there's plenty of room for a C9ii and by no means do I think it will it be redundant, neither for those who have it nor for those who don't.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back