Cavalli/Monoprice Monolith Liquid Platinum Power Supply Option

Interested in a Wyred 4 Sound's PS-1 Modular Linear Power Supply customized for the Liquid Platinum?

• Yes, count me in...

Votes: 16 31.4%
  • Maybe, when I learn more about the unit and its pricing...

Votes: 35 68.6%
  • No, not at all

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Nov 6, 2018 at 10:52 PM Post #16 of 22
Update : I have been in communication with EJ since last Friday, and he assures me that in spite of family and business related distractions, he still pretty much has his sights set on this "price savvy PS" project, and is currently trying to formulate a design concept for it. He says he is excited to be working on it, and will send news "soon." Now it it true that things have been rather slow on this front, since the announcement was first made, but it is also partly due to the fact that he had to wait for the Liquid Platinum to be released, so that he can get his hands on a production model that he can use for the development of that new LPS concept. I expect the pace of the project to pick up, now that the LP is released.

Will continue to post any updates I get from EJ as he works on this project so please stay tuned.

Jan 1, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #19 of 22
Jan 1, 2019 at 7:22 PM Post #20 of 22
Here's one (https://www.ebay.com/itm/LPS-36-Low...-Liquid-Platinum-Cavalli-DC-36V-/132862087667) that I found which is built specifically for the LP and also about half the price of the LP including shipping. Was considering it but then I read the post of Mr. Cavalli warning against the use of an LPS to power-up the LP.

I think this is good news though, and I would really like to know how well this works, and how its performance compares with stock. Dr. Cavalli's and Atomic Bob's warnings are important and well-taken, but I read them as warnings against badly or inappropriately implemented power supplies, not against LPS's in general. Personally, I'm looking at this with an open mind, until I see some reviews. For me, it is one of those "the devil is in the details" scenarios. If it becomes confirmed that this LPS unit can take the LP to a higher level of performance, I shall be all over it.

Sep 14, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #22 of 22
The last update from sahmen said that after hearing from the Wyred 4 Sound contact (EJ), he expected the project to pick up since the Liquid Platinum had just been released.

It's now been nearly three years. Does anyone have any information on where this stands now? I am very interested in finding a good upgrade to the stock PS that comes with the LP. Any news or advice?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back