For Sale
Currency
USD
Price
Nov 3, 2016 at 4:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

feelingears

100+ Head-Fier
(With apologies to J. Stoddard...)

What the heck? ANOTHER 2nd run Cavalli Liquid Carbon for sale? What gives?

I give: I give up! Or something like that.

A funny thing happened between when I ordered this amp (two of them actually, you can see my other listing) and when it finally arrived. After a summer of waiting, and listening to my speaker system, I realized I'd rather listen to speakers than headphones. And no, I'm not making this up because I bought a Jotunheim and like it better.

Why did you buy it then? Didn't you listen to it?

Frankly I bought it because enough people raved about it in balanced mode with DACs like the Audio-GD DAC-19 and the Emotiva Stealth. I picked up some balanced headphones and ordered fancy Peterek cables and got the DAC-19...and promptly decided my DAC rocked harder in my speaker rig than thru cans I can't really crank up anyway (hearing loss risk).

Yes, I listened. I like. But I like speakers in rooms better. I already have a small tube amp (rhymes with "Sally") and some Grados so I'm good.

So why do you have two of these?

One was for me, one was a gift for a friend who also, for other reasons, doesn't listen to headphones much anymore (he has moved on to other distractions). So I got him a swanky camera bag instead (much cheaper too)--help me pay for it!

Is it really unopened, or did you just tape it back up?

It's really unopened. If you knew how much I hate taping up boxes, wrapping gifts, and mailing just about anything, you'd trust me even without the photo.

Well, why don't you just wait a year for these to increase in value since they're rare, awesomely unique, and sure to be collectors items?

Two reasons:
1. Cash today is worth more than cash tomorrow (even if I think I could get more someplace like flea-bay), and
2. That Stoddard guy will probably come out with something that makes all this obsolete. I heard he is working on wireless implants with that big fruit-like company in Cupertino, CA.
3. See #1. I have bills to pay.

Alrighty then, good for me and good luck to you!

I was hoping you'd PM me and buy this via PayPal. I got your fees too, so other than you paying for shipping, it's really less than the retail offering.

Hey, wait wait!!! What about the T-shirt?!?

Oh, right. No, that's being used as a vibration isolation platform for my speaker cables. Organic cotton sounds better than non-GMO, y'know. But on second thought, sure. Of course I'll include that. You may like it, if you're size "M" (and they run a little small).

Nov 3, 2016 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 5

Mr Rick

Headphoneus Supremus
bigsmile_face.gif
 Love the add. GLWTS

Users who are viewing this thread