Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:32 AM Post #2,611 of 2,966
I just cancelled my Massdrop CTH order, and I am feeling better already. If there is a Massdrop/Cavalli Liquid Crimson X or Liquid Gold X, offered at half the price of the original, I shall get in on that drop. For now, I shall remain a Liquid Carbon Gen 1 owner and be satisfied with that.

I still think Massdrop should declare upfront all the Cavalli products they have planned to release in the near future, so that prospective buyers can see their way clearly in choosing what they will like to own and what they will like to avoid before committing to a drop. This drip-drip-drop trickle-down method they're now using, in revealing a new Cavalli drop every few weeks or months, may seem at first to be a good way of cashing in on the curiosity of budget buyers, but in the long run, it is just a machine for generating potential mass buyer's remorse which they might find to be eventually unwelcome...

Besides, I think Dr. Cavalli has built a good name for himself in the business, a name which should not be associated with such small-time marketing gimmicks in order to attract buyers... That is just my opinion...

I'm going to cancel mine as well... They no longer retain their value...

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:33 AM Post #2,612 of 2,966
You would be correct....174 posts. And I am looking at the end to see the basic attitude about the amp as I just saw it on Massdrop. Everyone here at the end sounds like they are complaining. I did a little digging though on some reviews and saw it was a more "tube" like sound and will be avoiding it. Not a fan of tubes. Thanks though....

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #2,614 of 2,966
You would be correct....174 posts. And I am looking at the end to see the basic attitude about the amp as I just saw it on Massdrop. Everyone here at the end sounds like they are complaining. I did a little digging though on some reviews and saw it was a more "tube" like sound and will be avoiding it. Not a fan of tubes. Thanks though....
You don't need to read 174 posts to understand that the complaints were not that Cavalli decided to widen their customers base but that they repackaged an amp they sold until a few weeks ago for 800$ and are selling it for 300$.
Is this not a fair reason to be not so happy?
I can't afford buying new gear if I don't sell my actual one so this kind of operations just kill the residual value of my gear = I'm very, very upset!
Ah, and I don't give a # about exclusivity!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #2,615 of 2,966
Seems to me, if there's an external power supply that can be upgraded that's a good thing sonically speaking (assuming all else is equal). Having "noise" more isolated could be beneficial even without upgrading the power supply. It does make it less transportable, though.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:52 AM Post #2,616 of 2,966
You don't need to read 174 posts to understand that the complaints were not that Cavalli decided to widen their customers base but that they repackaged an amp they sold until a few weeks ago for 800$ and are selling it for 300$.
Is this not a fair reason to be not so happy?
I can't afford buying new gear if I don't sell my actual one so this kind of operations just kill the residual value of my gear = I'm very, very upset!
Ah, and I don't give a # about exclusivity!
Actually it is not. Bad timing is what I would say. If they get a broader market and bring a quality that was usually sold for 800.00....down to 300.00 so more people can enjoy that quality? I have been in that situation....and I did not get pissed at all. That's how markets work. I am not jumping for joy....of course but I am happy that others can enjoy the sound. But then I think more than just about myself in this world. If loosing 500.00 is the worst thing that happens to you in your life...you should THANK THE GODS for being kind. Sheesh.....1st world problems.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:59 AM Post #2,617 of 2,966
That's rediculous... Those of us who put money UP FRONT, with the promise of "Cavalli Sound" at a bargain price, have plenty of reason to be ticked off.
My $0.02.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:01 AM Post #2,618 of 2,966
If loosing 500.00 is the worst thing that happens to you in your life...you should THANK THE GODS for being kind. Sheesh.....1st world problems.
You should learn to pay some respect to people you don't know.
You don't know what you are talking about so please refrain from writing this sentences.

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:21 AM Post #2,619 of 2,966
Wow. Relax guys. What do we know so far? Basically nothing. It just states it uses the same tolopolgy. What does that mean? That the basic idea behind the schematic is the same. Thats it. It doesnt say that the schematic itself is exactly the same.

Thats how most productlines work. Look at the internals of a 300 and 400 dollar Marantz cd-player. Same topology but slightly different implementation such using a muting relay instead of transistor in the 400 dollar model.

Will the LC X sound the same as the LC v1 or v2. Probably yes. But so does the LAu. And any Schiit product. It is more in the details and refinement. And whether there is a big or small difference in sound between the LC X and LC v1/v2; we have to wait until the first review.

Scanspeakman
(LC v1 owner and loving it every day; thinking about buying a LC X for the office)

Sep 12, 2017 at 10:51 AM Post #2,622 of 2,966
I believe someone already has the LCX by now for review. That usually how it goes before the drop go live. At least, we know if it's the exact same thing as the original LC. But, is there any reason that we heard nothing about it?

Sep 12, 2017 at 11:43 AM Post #2,623 of 2,966

Attachments

• IMG_0001.PNG
    IMG_0001.PNG
    235.9 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #2,624 of 2,966
The claim is that it has "the same topology" and different power supply and input/output jacks.
If Cavalli claimed that they had to increase the price of the LC2 VS 1 because it was not sustainable, how can the X be sustainable if it has the same exact components in an ever bigger enclosure?
With Massdrop, they will take a Cavalli design and oversee the manufacture and quality control of the item they are selling. Cavalli will not be involved in the manufacturing process, only the design. That has been my understanding of the Massdrop process. Ironically, I mostly use the 3.5mm input and the RSA output on my LC!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back