Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Aug 3, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #2,236 of 2,966
Has anyone directly compared the DAC19 and the mojo? I have the DAC19 which I really like but all this mojo talk is making me want one
redface.gif

Hi zaven

i have mojo and many other dac , mojo is a good device indeed but very digital sounding compare to other dac i tried , emphasizes on bass especially mid bass ,  i can say for sure idsd is much more natural and overall better sounding dac/amp to my ears at least ,and i never owned any audio gd product but if you want versatile portable dac/amp ,the only thing i can of think is idsd  ,  IMO ... 

Aug 3, 2016 at 3:01 PM Post #2,237 of 2,966
Has anyone directly compared the DAC19 and the mojo? I have the DAC19 which I really like but all this mojo talk is making me want one
redface.gif

I've heard them both on the same setup on the same day, but didn't do any real A/B testing.  I like the Mojo, it's a great sounding device for the price.  If you're willing to spend more for a portable solution, I did compare it to the AK320 the other day and I prefer the AK, which is more resolving.  If that's outside your budget, the Mojo is hard to beat for the price.

Aug 3, 2016 at 4:16 PM Post #2,238 of 2,966
Hi zaven

i have mojo and many other dac , mojo is a good device indeed but very digital sounding compare to other dac i tried , emphasizes on bass especially mid bass ,  i can say for sure idsd is much more natural and overall better sounding dac/amp to my ears at least ,and i never owned any audio gd product but if you want versatile portable dac/amp ,the only thing i can of think is idsd  ,  IMO ... 

Funny, I found the iFi DACs to sound very fake and digital, similar to how the Oppo HA-1 sounded compared to the DAC-19. Different strokes I guess. :wink_face:

Best thing is obviously to audition if one can.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:20 PM Post #2,241 of 2,966
  Maybe I missed it but is there any news on the PSU upgrade for the LC?

Scanspeakman

I believe you're talking about the upgrade for the 1st generation of LC right? Think the idea was scratch due to lackluster support.

Aug 3, 2016 at 9:47 PM Post #2,243 of 2,966
  I believe you're talking about the upgrade for the 1st generation of LC right? Think the idea was scratch due to lackluster support.

Would be surprised about the "lackluster" part as it seemed liked everyone here raised their hands for it?

Aug 4, 2016 at 1:22 AM Post #2,244 of 2,966
Hey guys,

While waiting for the LC I thought on getting a balanced cable for my ZMF Omni. I really dig the Norne Draug v2.
Reading other reviews it seems to enhance low end impact a bit, making it better presented and tighter, and with a deeper soundstage to boot.
Will the Mojo -> LC -> Draug v2 -> Omni sound too warm? I'm asking cause the Mojo and the LC are warm sounding, add to that the "slightly warmer cable"...
The Omni has some sweet sub-bass but I don't want it to overwhelm everything else
biggrin.gif

And no silver cables are a bit too thin, I'll be traveling around often with my gear (the reason I got the LC).

Aug 4, 2016 at 2:32 AM Post #2,245 of 2,966
  Hey guys,

While waiting for the LC I thought on getting a balanced cable for my ZMF Omni. I really dig the Norne Draug v2.
Reading other reviews it seems to enhance low end impact a bit, making it better presented and tighter, and with a deeper soundstage to boot.
Will the Mojo -> LC -> Draug v2 -> Omni sound too warm? I'm asking cause the Mojo and the LC are warm sounding, add to that the "slightly warmer cable"...
The Omni has some sweet sub-bass but I don't want it to overwhelm everything else
biggrin.gif

And no silver cables are a bit too thin, I'll be traveling around often with my gear (the reason I got the LC).

I really like the Omni with the LC and DAC-19.  The Mojo is not as warm as the DAC-19 so I think you'll be fine.

Aug 4, 2016 at 3:59 AM Post #2,246 of 2,966
Hey guys,

The Omni has some sweet sub-bass but I don't want it to overwhelm everything else:D

Can't speak for the Omni, but I find the Mojo plenty on it's own for the ZMF Vibros. I haven't really needed the LC with them and think the Mojo/Vibro combo works well.

Aug 4, 2016 at 4:34 AM Post #2,247 of 2,966

I really like the Omni with the LC and DAC-19.  The Mojo is not as warm as the DAC-19 so I think you'll be fine.

Thanks Dan. I really don't like my setup to sound overly warm. Just 2-3 dB more is enough
biggrin.gif

Can't speak for the Omni, but I find the Mojo plenty on it's own for the ZMF Vibros. I haven't really needed the LC with them and think the Mojo/Vibro combo works well.

Yeah. I'm running the Omni out of the Mojo right now and it's enough in volume but the T50RP mod is power hungry to really shine. I drove them out of the SR-71B and the Omni did improve on most aspects. The LC adds that tube like sound (which I really dig) on top of the Mojo so I expecting a really musical setup
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 4, 2016 at 6:48 AM Post #2,250 of 2,966

Don't recall reading this, do you have a link to where the upgrade idea was rejected?

It's not written anywhere I would think. I just based it on the lack of an official announcement for an upgrade path. There were only a couple who posted to support it compared to the 500 people who owns one, including myself. Who knows they might still do it. But I don't think they'll do it for now.

If they were to have an upgrade path, they probably would announce it by now so that they can have the boards done along with the LC batch 2 project. As I recall from the other thread that batch 2 project is on course for end of this month so would be awfully late to order more, at least thats what I think. Then again, I'm not Cavalli, nor do I work for them, so anything I say shouldnt be the final definitive answer. For that, I ask for you contact @warrenpchi

Users who are viewing this thread

Back