Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Dec 10, 2015 at 4:07 AM Post #481 of 2,966
My LC was in the 1st batch sent out. I just ran it for 8 days straight performing burn in per Dr. Alex's preference. 200 hours without a problem. Got barely warm.

Sorry to hijack.. but how do you find the LC fares against your Master 11?!?

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:40 AM Post #482 of 2,966
Sorry to hijack.. but how do you find the LC fares against your Master 11?!?
The LC fares almost too well with the Master 11. The Master 11 has more Gravitas. It's richer while still being detailed. The LC has more PRAT. It is very rock n roll while being insanely detailed with a huge soundstage. I think if you had a dac-19 and a LC you would be 90 percent there.

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #483 of 2,966
The LC fares almost too well with the Master 11. The Master 11 has more Gravitas. It's richer while still being detailed. The LC has more PRAT. It is very rock n roll while being insanely detailed with a huge soundstage. I think if you had a dac-19 and a LC you would be 90 percent there.

I have a Reference 7, so I'm hoping I'm real close! :)

Cheers mate

Dec 10, 2015 at 4:42 AM Post #484 of 2,966

You are not making it easier to wait!!!

And now I can add 'gravitas' to my audiophile vocabulary 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #485 of 2,966
  And I feel that Cavalli Audio is taking care of the issues. He has posted many times on this site, and has written to my personally when he felt I might be at a point of having issues with burn-in. He truly is concerned for this amplifier, regardless of its low-cost.

I agree 100%. Alex has been very forthcoming with the information we need to know and extremely responsive here on the forum and also via e-mail.

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:23 PM Post #486 of 2,966
  @MattTCG also has both, if he would chime in - perhaps tomorrow, as it is getting late today.

Both of these amps are excellent in their own right. I find the overall performance (dynamics, detail and staging) of the Mjo2 to be somewhat better than the Carbon. I would say roughly about 10-15 better. But I actually prefer the Carbon for a few reasons. 

1. Great "synergy" with Ether, hd800 and hd650 and most other headphones that I've tried the amp with. The Carbon is just an incredibly versatile product.  I sometimes struggle with the power of the mjo 2 even on low gain. I'm a low level listening and I often get channel imbalance with powerful amps when the volume is that low. 

2. Carbon needs no tubes to roll. I tend to spend too much on tubes so this will save me lot's of dollars down the road. 

3. There is a magical quality about the Carbon. In my mind, I call it "engagement" or "musicality." Every time I listen to the Carbon I quickly forget about listening to the qualities of the amp and just get caught up in the enjoyment of the music. At the end of the day, that's what matters most to me. 

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:52 PM Post #487 of 2,966

Both of these amps are excellent in their own right. I find the overall performance (dynamics, detail and staging) of the Mjo2 to be somewhat better than the Carbon. I would say roughly about 10-15 better. But I actually prefer the Carbon for a few reasons. 

1. Great "synergy" with Ether, hd800 and hd650 and most other headphones that I've tried the amp with. The Carbon is just an incredibly versatile product.  I sometimes struggle with the power of the mjo 2 even on low gain. I'm a low level listening and I often get channel imbalance with powerful amps when the volume is that low. 

2. Carbon needs no tubes to roll. I tend to spend too much on tubes so this will save me lot's of dollars down the road. 

3. There is a magical quality about the Carbon. In my mind, I call it "engagement" or "musicality." Every time I listen to the Carbon I quickly forget about listening to the qualities of the amp and just get caught up in the enjoyment of the music. At the end of the day, that's what matters most to me. 

Are you comparing Solid State Balanced to Solid State Balanced (using the LISST "tubes")? Just curious. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 1:54 PM Post #488 of 2,966
Dec 10, 2015 at 2:14 PM Post #490 of 2,966

@sling5s see post #486 above.

Good impressions. I feel the same way when it comes audio gear.  Musicality (tone and timbre) matters more than just sheer detail or imaging. 
Schiit gear tend to be a little aggressive and dry for my tastes anyways. It's why I have chosen to pair the LC with Dac 19 (10th anniv.).

thanks again MattTCG and Sheldaze.

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:40 PM Post #491 of 2,966

Good impressions. I feel the same way when it comes audio gear.  Musicality (tone and timbre) matters more than just sheer detail or imaging. 
Schiit gear tend to be a little aggressive and dry for my tastes anyways. It's why I have chosen to pair the LC with Dac 19 (10th anniv.).

Perfect combo!! Enjoy...

Dec 10, 2015 at 2:44 PM Post #492 of 2,966

Same 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 10, 2015 at 11:35 PM Post #494 of 2,966
Dec 10, 2015 at 11:52 PM Post #495 of 2,966
Are you comparing Solid State Balanced to Solid State Balanced (using the LISST "tubes")? Just curious. :D  
Solid State "Tubes" This type of thing pops up in the guitar amp world all the time. You will see Solid State Tubes at NAMM next month. I have heard tons of Substi-tubes and in my world they are a cheaply dressed failure. It's fun for 15 minutes. The nicest thing I can say is that they are a Sales Pitch. At worst, a Hoax. Bah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back