Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 19, 2015 at 12:14 AM Post #91 of 2,966
Supposed to come tomorrow, I'm prepared to HATE IT!!!!!!

Then you can send it my way!  
tongue.gif

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #92 of 2,966
How are you guys finding the amp in the bass department? The first day I thought it was a bit sloppy, but haven't thought about it much since, which means it's improving. Hopefully the TH900's will match well after burn in, if not, back to my Bryston. I do love how musical this LC is though.

Nov 19, 2015 at 12:27 AM Post #93 of 2,966

So I am going to follow the owner's manual directions and burn in the LC sans a headphone. I am just going to change the music I have playing in a loop every 12 hours or so.....for the next 6 days!!! Hahaha I must say the LC looks gorgeous in hand and up close, especially so.

Nov 19, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #95 of 2,966
  Is the Cavalli Liquid Carbon a forward sounding amp? It was described this way by someone who just received theirs in the other Cavalli Liquid thread.
First time reading someone describe it that way. Kind of worried. 

The Liquid Carbon is not a forward sounding amp. It has a Cavalli style sound. To me a Cavalli style sound is a sort of setbackedness combined with a blending and smoothness. The Liquid Carbon has those traits.

I got my Liquid Carbon on Tuesday. Been listening with LCD-2 Rev2 balanced with a Schiit Gumby balanced. The amp is more forward in high gain mode (3X) than in low gain mode (1X). If someone has been listening to the amp in high gain mode only they might consider it more forward than someone who has been listening to it in low gain mode. For me the low gain mode combined with the balanced Gumby and balanced LCD-2 rev2 gets plenty loud with the amp in low gain mode. I haven't tried listening yet with other headphones or others sources. I don't want to offer much more in terms of listening impressions until it has burned in. I will offer that bass seems to have gotten a bit stronger and more present with the limited burn-in that's between Tuesday and now. And that bass seems to get stronger in high gain mode. It would be unfair to the amp to get too critical of it before it has had an opportunity to properly burn-in. I know it's going to continue to get a little better. I just don't know how much.

Even without waiting for full burn-in this is a great little transportable amp for the style of sound I'm after. I'm going to be visiting family over Christmas and I know this is going to be the amp I'll be bringing with me.

Nov 19, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #96 of 2,966
Nov 19, 2015 at 1:07 PM Post #97 of 2,966
Sure, just send along $1000
heheheheheheheh :D
If I could not get another LC I would not sell mine for $1000.00. The Emotive Dac 1 I am enjoying is on sale now for $399.00 on sale. Add a LC at $599.00 and you have an amazing setup for $998.00.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #98 of 2,966
Sure, just send along $1000
heheheheheheheh :D
If I could not get another LC I would not sell mine for $1000.00.

Dem's strong words!
Getting mine today, at least that was the original arrival date, haven't been following the tracking, just makes me crazy. Hopefully I feel the same way.

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #99 of 2,966
Oops, they tried to deliver, my wife was out this morning, looks like I don't get it until tomorrow...:mad:

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #100 of 2,966
I mean, if there's 50 left I would sell mine and then wait until New Years for another. :p But then I got one of the 'Good Ones', the soon to be legendary 'First Batch'.

It is to laugh - Daffy Duck
They are all good ones - defbear

Nov 19, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #101 of 2,966
Oops, they tried to deliver, my wife was out this morning, looks like I don't get it until tomorrow...:mad:
I HATE THAT! Did anyone read my rant about Fedex. OK so yesterday I was expecting 10 packages shipped via Fedex. They arrived...via the Hollywood Shipping Company! Nothing wrong there. Probably far more reliable than Fedex.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #104 of 2,966
Lol! This thread is turning out to be like the other LC threads. Where's the initial impressions? Burn in impressions? Pairing impressions?

Aaaaarg, waiting........ I have no patience is my impression so far. Gotta live through current owners in the mean time. :)

IMPRESSIONS

Edit: The word impressions looks funny after a while.

Nov 19, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #105 of 2,966
Current owners are waiting to be current owners...as I mentioned, mine was just delivered today, but, as my wife wasn't in, was taken back without delivery. Maybe I'll luck out tomorrow (can't tell my wife to not leave the house all day without getting a frying pan over my head...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back