Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon Owners Impressions
Nov 16, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #61 of 2,966
For those whom canceled ..Thanks!!! I had a listen to it for nearly two days  at CanJam and its amazing little amp for that price. My daughter is  in med school and had to take care of a few things for her before I placed a order. I got it in before they ran out at the listed price should pair well with my exogal comet 

Nov 16, 2015 at 6:42 PM Post #62 of 2,966
  For those whom canceled ..Thanks!!! I had a listen to it for nearly two days  at CanJam and its amazing little amp for that price. My daughter is  in med school and had to take care of a few things for her before I placed a order. I got it in before they ran out at the listed price should pair well with my exogal comet 

The listed price is still the same and the amp still available on their website for reservation. Or did you mean for first batch?

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:10 PM Post #63 of 2,966
For curious minds, order 578 serial 120 arrived today. OMG Fedex delivered first try. I opened the box, and it wasn't so much opening. It was more like 'Gutman' tearing at the Maltese Falcon. I've just hooked it up. I have not read any of today's posts so here we go. I'm a little amused as the manual says the LC needs 150 hours continuous break-in before it's sound signature can be judged. Also it sounds best with 15-30 minutes warm up. Well it's always good to put your best foot forward but nah, no way. I plugged the LC into my Emotiva DAC 1 using PYST balanced xrl's. I plugged my recent Macbook Pro via USB, running Audirvana Plus. I put on Lady Gaga's Artpop album tune 'Venus'. I know it inside out. There are tons of easter eggs to find and hear. Lots of reverbs and decays and the space to hear them. It's also has bass and is an EDM monster. So my first 'test' here is with a new out of the box stone cold LC and I could be in tears it's so good. I heard a new very low female voice I had not heard before in 'Venus'. I'm using hd800 headphones. I went through three tunes until at the end I was about to shout 'help i'm surrounded' Massive sound stage front, back, side to side. So now Im going to give it that 30 minute warmup and report later.

Ok 40 minutes later and im finding things in 'Do what ya want' with Christina and Gaga ive not heard. I'm thrilled. I'm floored. Pairs great with hd800s. I'm in fear of what shows up after 150 hours.

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:21 PM Post #64 of 2,966
For curious minds, order 578 serial 120 arrived today. OMG Fedex delivered first try. I opened the box, and it wasn't so much opening. It was more like 'Gutman' tearing at the Maltese Falcon. I've just hooked it up. I have not read any of today's posts so here we go. I'm a little amused as the manual says the LC needs 150 hours continuous break-in before it's sound signature can be judged. Also it sounds best with 15-30 minutes warm up. Well it's always good to put your best foot forward but nah, no way. I plugged the LC into my Emotiva DAC 1 using PYST balanced xrl's. I plugged my recent Macbook Pro via USB, running Audirvana Plus. I put on Lady Gaga's Artpop album tune 'Venus'. I know it inside out. There are tons of easter eggs to find and hear. Lots of reverbs and decays and the space to hear them. It's also has bass and is an EDM monster. So my first 'test' here is with a new out of the box stone cold LC and I could be in tears it's so good. I heard a new very low female voice I had not heard before in 'Venus'. I'm using hd800 headphones. I went through three tunes until at the end I was about to shout 'help i'm surrounded' Massive sound stage front, back, side to side. So now Im going to give it that 30 minute warmup and report later.

Congrats and great news! Cheers

Nov 16, 2015 at 10:33 PM Post #65 of 2,966
Congrats and great news! Cheers
Thank you! Congrats to every one who scored a Liquid Carbon. It's a rock star.
Ok so Julie Cruse, the soft voiced jazz singer from Twin Peaks. 'The Voice of Love' again, I never heard her voice hold that note so high up there and longer than what I have heard. And the bass is incredible. I mean I have some nice expensive stuff. But this is dissapointing in how good it is.

Nov 16, 2015 at 11:14 PM Post #66 of 2,966
Thank you! Congrats to every one who scored a Liquid Carbon. It's a rock star.
Ok so Julie Cruse, the soft voiced jazz singer from Twin Peaks. 'The Voice of Love' again, I never heard her voice hold that note so high up there and longer than what I have heard. And the bass is incredible. I mean I have some nice expensive stuff. But this is dissapointing in how good it is.

I hate you because you have yours and I don't have mine.

:veryevil:

Nov 17, 2015 at 12:33 AM Post #67 of 2,966
I hate you because you have yours and I don't have mine.

:veryevil:
OMG it's even better now. Don't hate me, just Despise me! :basshead:

Nov 17, 2015 at 2:59 AM Post #68 of 2,966
I think over in the other thread i've talked about the sound. I just thought of this. I have hd800 and lcd2f headphones. The greatest hit's. The hd800's with the big soundstage and un-hyped bass can sound as if you have dissected a recording and are examining it. Or like you are listening to an exploded drawing of a track. like on Zep's "Good times bad times'. During the guitar solo there's guitar way over in your left phone. And Page is just dragging a finger across a couple of strings down the neck to make kind of a vroom sound. Or Mott the Hoople's Jerkin Crocus where Mick Ralph strums a stoke or two way over again on the left. All by itself. A little occasional guitar strum. Both example sound fine in Mono or the car with a normal sound system. Just minor instrumental parts put there just to fatten things up. But with many amps the parts sound disconnected. For what I've heard so far, The Liquid Carbon sounds consolidated while providing a big detailed sound stage. I feel as if i'm surrounded. But everything sounds Whole.

Nov 17, 2015 at 8:52 AM Post #69 of 2,966
OK, 2 more days to go (according to my initial delivery notice...haven't tracked it since, tends to make me crazy to find out where in the country it's sitting). Curious to see how it compares to my MicroZOTL2 and RSA HR-2 for driving my HE-1000. Hoping I don't have too much hype letdown...

Nov 18, 2015 at 10:33 AM Post #71 of 2,966
#29 reporting for duty. First impressions is just WAOW. I've not heard it in prototype edition or even before I got my own unit but this surpassed all my expectations. Hooking this up to my Geek Pulse Infinity + LPS combo I've fallen in love with every single song playing through the system again. It brings back memories of the first time I tried the Liquid Gold, albeit probably not as technically refined but considering how much I paid for this I better surrender myself to the authorities cause I've just committed armed robbery.

Now for some short ACTUAL IMPRESSIONS : Transparent as clear plastic, quietest background I've heard with my TH900s so far. Vocals just come out very natural but the bass thump is superb. I would say the general sound is that of an engaging neutral amp. It doesn't impart itself onto your headphones signature but it doesn't fail to surprise.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:35 PM Post #72 of 2,966
Is the Cavalli Liquid Carbon a forward sounding amp? It was described this way by someone who just received theirs in the other Cavalli Liquid thread.
First time reading someone describe it that way. Kind of worried. 

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #73 of 2,966
  Is the Cavalli Liquid Carbon a forward sounding amp? It was described this way by someone who just received theirs in the other Cavalli Liquid thread.

I just got mine, and I really think its from being a really green amp.  Its going to take quite a while to get to 150 hours.

...and vocals are quite recessed out of the gate.  But ignore that considering the amp is 20 minutes old.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM Post #74 of 2,966

Unless - like me - you really want an amp that pushes the sound back in front of you, there's nothing to worry about; that's how most amps sound. Few, however, manage to draw you in the performance like the Cavalli amps do.

Nov 18, 2015 at 2:49 PM Post #75 of 2,966

Unless - like me - you really want an amp that pushes the sound back in front of you, there's nothing to worry about; that's how most amps sound. Few, however, manage to draw you in the performance like the Cavalli amps do.

I just got mine, and I really think its from being a really green amp.  Its going to take quite a while to get to 150 hours.

...and vocals are quite recessed out of the gate.  But ignore that considering the amp is 20 minutes old.

I just fear the Schiit Audio kind of forward. They tend to be aggressive and harsh forward. I'm sure Cavalli is not this way. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back