Cavalli Audio
Oct 15, 2017 at 9:51 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 57

runeight

Member of the Trade: Cavalli Audio
Dear Friends,

It is with a heavy heart that I would like to inform everyone that Cavalli Audio will be closing its doors on October 31, 2017.

I have been involved with this community for a long time and am forever grateful that I could play a part in the evolution of both the hobby and community since 2000. I have been privileged to watch and be part of the growth of a niche of dedicated headphone listeners, always in pursuit of better sound. I recall many conversations about how to improve sound and produce a better overall experience through headphone listening. This community has spurred much innovation in headphones, headphone amplifiers, and associated gear. Some of this innovation is now part of the products we can buy off the shelf. Truly something to be proud of, as few industries have been this influenced by the members of its community.

For my part, I have been fortunate to create amplifiers that most people seem to really like. I am grateful for the support for these amps and for our fantastic customers.

The reasons for ending CA are purely personal. I have been semi-retired during the life of Cavalli Audio and had always intended to pass along the baton once I had been able to establish a robust company with excellent products. I have been looking for such a partnership for some time now and have, unfortunately, not been able to form a reliable partnership with anyone to continue my legacy and at this point, there are a number of things more demanding of my time, including an ever-increasing collection of grandchildren.

I have worked to keep certain aspects (the best aspects) of CA alive after the end of the company.

The first part of this has been the work with Massdrop (as most of you are aware) to continue to make Cavalli designs available at affordable prices. When I was still considering moving forward with CA I had begun to create an entire line of lower cost, but still great sounding amplifiers. Though there are no certain plans beyond the CTH and Carbon, with any luck a few more of these new ideas can be made available through MD.

With the closing of the company, all warranties will expire. I realize that this will concern many, but the amplifiers will continue to be supported by a reputable service and repair facility. To ensure this support, Avenson Audio has agreed to continue servicing CA amps. Avenson has done final assembly for every big CA amp and currently do all the repairs to CA amps. Current owners will be in good hands if such a need arises. A link to their website is on the CA website.

I know that this news may come as a shock to many while others might have anticipated this transition. I would like to thank everyone for their support over the years. I love this community and its passion for all things headphone and have been made to feel part of its extended family. My obligations to my own family, however must take priority at this time.

My thanks to all of you.

Alex

Oct 15, 2017 at 9:58 PM Post #3 of 57
Wow, I am in shock, but family always comes first. Best wishes to you & your family and a hearty thank you for your many contributions to the audio world. I completely respect not willing to compromise the Cavalli Audio legacy

Last edited:
Oct 15, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #6 of 57
Sad to hear the news, but the reasons are obviously understandable. I hope that we haven't seen the last of you at shows and in the community, Alex. I always enjoy chatting with you.

Oct 15, 2017 at 10:58 PM Post #7 of 57
Alex,

It has been a joy and pleasure to know you, and an absolute privilege to work with you.

May all the days ahead, each and every one, be better than the one before. And I know that I speak for many of us when I say that you will always be missed, and never forgotten.

Cheers to you Alex!

-Warren

Oct 16, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #8 of 57
Still digesting this piece of news. The LAu will always be cherished by me and I was very much looking forward to the Liquid Tungsten, but alas family and health will always come first. Wishing Alex all the best with more quality family time

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:02 AM Post #9 of 57
It has been nothing short of an honour to have made some of this journey with you Alex. I am grateful for your friendship and wish you all the very best ..dB

Oct 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #10 of 57
Alex - enjoy your real retirement :)

Hopefully the grandchildren will have the same joy of discovery with you - that you’ve given us with your products over the years.

Oct 16, 2017 at 9:06 AM Post #11 of 57
As time consuming as managing manufacturing, quality control, and distribution was to provide the high level experience you wanted, I think it resulted in a really good time and several great products. But hey! Now, you can focus on chatting with fans at CanJams, relax and have a good time!

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #14 of 57
As a proud owner of a Liquid Glass and former owner of a Liquid Crimson I want to thank you Alex for the musical joy your superior amps have brought into my life.

I wish you the best in your otium and hopefully Massdrop can bring more of your designs to life :)

Oct 16, 2017 at 11:32 AM Post #15 of 57
This is sad news, but family must always come first and I wish Alex a long and happy retirement. I am the happy owner of a Liquid Carbon and I always enjoyed chatting with Alex and listening to the various Cavalli amps at CanJam and THE Show events. It's good to see that the Cavalli designs will live on through Massdrop. Hopefully more models will be introduced by MD in the future. A MD Liquid Glass, perhaps?

Thanks Alex for your great amps and your contributions to our hobby!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back