Cavalli Audio Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring Specials
Feb 25, 2014 at 10:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

runeight

Member of the Trade: Cavalli Audio
Hello folks. There was a lot of response to the Bay Area meet specials from a few weeks ago.

As a result, we are going to continue this special, starting today, for the remaining units in the current Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring production runs or June 15, whichever comes first.

New prices are:

Liquid Glass - $2950
Liquid Gold - $3950

Also, for those who have interest in Liquid Glass, we probably won't schedule another production run for a while. Liquid Glass is a complicated amp to build and a specialty item for those who really want to roll lots of tubes. It also happens to be a great sounding amp!! if you are interested in Liquid Glass, now might be a good time to grab one.
smile.gif

For some great information on the Liquid Gold amp see Jude's video here:

Feb 27, 2014 at 2:34 AM Post #2 of 41
  Hello folks. There was a lot of response to the Bay Area meet specials from a few weeks ago.

As a result, we are going to continue this special, starting today, for the remaining units in the current Liquid Glass and Liquid Gold Spring production runs or June 15, whichever comes first.

New prices are:

Liquid Glass - $2950
Liquid Gold - $3950

Also, for those who have interest in Liquid Glass, we probably won't schedule another production run for a while. Liquid Glass is a complicated amp to build and a specialty item for those who really want to roll lots of tubes. It also happens to be a great sounding amp!! if you are interested in Liquid Glass, now might be a good time to grab one.
smile.gif

For some great information on the Liquid Gold amp see Jude's video here:

NICE!!!!

I stayed up all night listening to my Audeze LCD-XC's & X's via the Liquid Gold - McIntosh D100 as DAC (balanced front to back) - Amarra as source as well as my VPI Traveler deck w/ Unison Research Simply Phono tube phonostage.

I couldn't pull myself AWAY from it.

Felt SO good to get back into the home office after being down so long.
I was completely transported to another place and time.

I NEEDED it!

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:04 AM Post #3 of 41
My dream amps,, :)

I noticed you have HD800, how's that LGold sound like with HD800 ?
And do you know if LGlass is good match for HD800 ?

Feb 28, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #5 of 41
Hello everyone. Just an update on the specials.

First, thanks to everyone who has jumped in! The response has been much larger than we anticipated. In fact, we are now a bit overwhelmed. So, let me give everyone best estimates on timing.

Those who have placed orders in the last few days should see shipment in 1-3 weeks. But, we have depleted our supply of finished amps.

Others are in the works, of course, but will take longer to complete and test. Nothing should go past six weeks shipment time based on where things are now, and many hopefully much sooner than that. We are working this weekend to keep up.
smile.gif

Mar 3, 2014 at 1:40 AM Post #8 of 41
  My dream amps,, :)

I noticed you have HD800, how's that LGold sound like with HD800 ?
And do you know if LGlass is good match for HD800 ?

I love the Liquid Gold w/ my HD800s!
The sound is (sorry for the seeming pun) liquid and airy at the same time. It's as natural a sound as I've ever heard,
especially with acoustic music through my HD800s. Electronic music sounds authoritative, spacious, and captivating.

The overall sonic pairing of the Liquid Gold and HD800s has become one of my favorites for those cans!

Mar 6, 2014 at 3:34 AM Post #10 of 41
The response has been much larger than we anticipated. In fact, we are now a bit overwhelmed.

That's so great to hear, Alex. Hope the demand keeps up!

Mar 11, 2014 at 4:02 AM Post #13 of 41
  Thanks. Right now I'm just trying to get amps out the door.
smile.gif

To some VERY lucky people!!!!
After my review I'm goin' to get into ALOT OF TROUBLE...

Because after this experience (and many more to come as it breaks in)
I'm gonna be forced to choose what to shuffle around and sell in order to 
keep the Liquid Gold.

Alex:
This is, undoubtedly, the only solid state reference headphone amp I've ever
heard that sounds like a hybrid! I love tubes, but I also love the transient speed
and attack of solid state done right (thus - why I still rock a Classe Audio DR-9 in my two-channel
in-room reference system - the last of the David Reich designed Classe amps - before B&W owned em).

The best example of a grand fusion of solid state and tubes I often think about is when I heard Harry's
(Pearson) room #3 system, at the time w/ the Nola Grand Reference towers, and he had ASR
Emitter amps on the bass towers, and E.A.R amplifiers on the mid-high towers, w/ the E.A.R magnetic-drive
turntable as source.  SONIC DROOL

I think about that system while listening to your amp (Liquid Gold) w/ my McIntosh D100 DAC ahead of it,
running fully balanced back to front & I'm rockin my Audeze LCD-X's, 3s, XCs, or HD-800s!!

But, after the initial shock & awe, I don't think about anything. I get lost in it.

So writing about this experience is proving difficult, which I plan to say in my reviews/columns, because I don't
wanna do anything but LISTEN!!!!!

There's no way you could've given the amp a better name!!!!!!
You've got the fluidity, the ripple-like effect, the textural feeling of tubes, (Liquid) and the speed, precision and 
sparkle of solid state (Gold).

A TIP OF THE CAP!!

So sonically addictive it's already sparked numerous domestic problems.
Because when I plug into the Liquid Gold my wifey can't reach me - because I'm just not there 
o2smile.gif

Mar 11, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #15 of 41
  To some VERY lucky people!!!!
After my review I'm goin' to get into ALOT OF TROUBLE...

Because after this experience (and many more to come as it breaks in)
I'm gonna be forced to choose what to shuffle around and sell in order to 
keep the Liquid Gold.

Mike, just wait until you have spent a few days with the Liquid Glass and tube rolling. As much as I love the detail and neutral tone of the Liquid Gold, I still seem to come back to the Glass as my "comfort zone". There is just a sense of delicacy with the tube microdynamics that it lulls the senses and feels so right. 

why must there be such tough choices in life ?

..dB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back