Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Sep 29, 2012 at 1:02 PM Post #1,952 of 2,306
I'm wondering to,looks verry nice and clean 'drool mode on'  :D

Sep 29, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #1,955 of 2,306
Quote:
Who are those from and did you hear a difference?

Quote:
I'm wondering to,looks verry nice and clean 'drool mode on'  :D

Sorry guys, forgot to add that the maple platforms are from Chris at Timbernation --- (timbernation.com).
The footers are from Herbie's Audio Lab --- (herbiesaudiolab.net)  and are a mix of Tenderfoot soft and extra-firm.

The difference in sound for both amps is an obvious tightening all-around.  A greater sense of clarity and detail without creating any harshness to the upper mid-range and/or treble regions that you might expect when talking about improvements in clarity.

The result is quite similar to what I heard when adding the HAL-O III dampers to the tubes in my LF.
What's cool is that it has had the same effect on the Phonitor which is 100% solid state.

Sep 30, 2012 at 1:24 PM Post #1,956 of 2,306
Man that is one nice computer rig!
Quote:
My White isolation platforms (from Timbernation.com)[size=medium] [/size]finally arrived last week for the LF and Phonitor - YaY!

LF:

Phonitor:

.... Which just happens to match my PC :)

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #1,957 of 2,306
Quote:
Man that is one nice computer rig!

Someday he'll achieve a decent system...
biggrin.gif
  Wonderful Stuff...Just in time to begin the wait for the LF2!

Sep 30, 2012 at 3:51 PM Post #1,958 of 2,306
Quote:
Someday he'll achieve a decent system...
biggrin.gif
  Wonderful Stuff...Just in time to begin the wait for the LF2!

Yeah, this old bucket of bolts will have to do for now
wink.gif

LF2 ??... Oh heck no, last thing I want to hear about is a new "better" LF.
The LF ...errr..1  is good enough as is. 
It's bad enough knowing the the LG is about to be released Lol!

Sep 30, 2012 at 4:42 PM Post #1,959 of 2,306
This is Head-fi...Upgrades are inevitable!

Sep 30, 2012 at 5:24 PM Post #1,961 of 2,306
Quote:

wink.gif

Same here,i don't think there is much more left to improve on the original LF aside adding a pre-out and going the balanced way.
Either way we will see what Alex has up his sleeve :D

Sep 30, 2012 at 8:22 PM Post #1,962 of 2,306
Believe me, you do not want to see what Alex has up his sleeves, the man is a never ending source of new ideas :D

The LF2 is really focusing on function and not sound, there will be a few changes which will probably induce much debate over time but the sound of the LF will remain the sound goal for the LF2. 

..dB

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:08 PM Post #1,963 of 2,306
I honestly think the LG is cooler than the LF 2 will be. I'll finally get to listen to it after Alex gets back from RMAF, but the initial impressions have been great. 

Not sure how LF 2 could actually sound better.

Quote:

wink.gif

Sep 30, 2012 at 9:42 PM Post #1,965 of 2,306
Quote:
This is Head-fi...Upgrades are inevitable!

Doesn't mean I have to like it! 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Believe me, you do not want to see what Alex has up his sleeves, the man is a never ending source of new ideas :D

The LF2 is really focusing on function and not sound, there will be a few changes which will probably induce much debate over time but the sound of the LF will remain the sound goal for the LF2. 

..dB

Oh I know, Alex knows his stuff that's for darn sure!

As for the LF, I agree that sound-wise it's tops.  There's not a whole lot of room left where Alex could meaningfully improve on it (at least I can't imagine so).
As for some additional features on the LF2, well yes I can certainly see that...
A fully Balanced design would be welcome, but I don't think additional features alone will sell me on getting one unless the price is just too good to refuse.

For me the next upgrade will likely be a new DAC (currently running the Audiolab M-DAC), but even then I'm in no hurry.
At some point we all need to take a break and enjoy what we have.   *OK maybe for two or three days at least!* 
o2smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back