Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Sep 18, 2012 at 10:05 PM Post #1,936 of 2,306
Quote:
Well...................I just downloaded Workingman's Dead from HDTracks and it is incredible.  This is what HD should sound like!  Man it is just stellar.  Everything is there with sound stage, imaging is killer, bass, detail.  Wow!  LF making it sing!

Cool...thanks for the recommendation. I'll check it out.

Listening to Battle Born by The Killers on my LF tonight with my LCD-3s and gotta say this is one fantastic amp! 
L3000.gif

Sep 19, 2012 at 9:58 AM Post #1,941 of 2,306
I received my new Siemens Halske tubes today,photo's are below.
I will install them another time though.

Sep 19, 2012 at 10:01 AM Post #1,942 of 2,306
You need to go into advertising!  
biggrin.gif
  Great photos....

Sep 22, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #1,943 of 2,306
Well, I tried the EAT Cool Dampers as an attempt to eliminate the ringing noise I've been hearing in my Siemens tubes.  I only bought 2 of these, for the 1st and 3rd tubes, just to see if they had any noticeable effect.  

At $35/each, I was expecting better build quality--one of the dampers fits snugly without any adjustment, while the other is either too loose to stay on or too tight to get the tube in there, depending on how I adjust the "sliders" that allow the dampers to cover tubes of different sizes (see here for an illustration of the sliders).  The sliders on that damper are also too loose, and slide right out if a tube isn't holding them in place.  I can only get a tube to fit into that slider if one of the sliders isn't tightly gripping the tube.

After a few hours, the ringing noise still appeared in the left channel.  I put the "better" damper on the 1st tube, and the poor-fitting damper on the 3rd tube.  The ringing noise then appeared on the right channel after a few hours.

Is this just a case of a bad tube damper?  Or do I need to have the same damper on all 4 tubes to get the proper effect?  Each of my other 2 tubes are covered by 2 of the cheaper tube rings I got from Tubedepot.

I'm reluctant to buy 2 more of these dampers, considering I don't know for sure if they work and that 1 of the 2 I bought fits so poorly.

Sep 22, 2012 at 5:01 AM Post #1,945 of 2,306
Does your tubes look like mine?? (i posted some pics earlier in this thread)
I will report later if they make a ringing noise like yours when i'm changing the stock JJ's with my Siemens tubes.
My tubes were tested and the German vendor said these Siemens tubes are of high quality and don't have any microphonics nor ringing noises.
Could be you have a bad tube (a damn shame when you know they are worth their weight in gold)
Any chance you could change them out with your vendor??
Quote:
Well, I tried the EAT Cool Dampers as an attempt to eliminate the ringing noise I've been hearing in my Siemens tubes.  I only bought 2 of these, for the 1st and 3rd tubes, just to see if they had any noticeable effect.  

At $35/each, I was expecting better build quality--one of the dampers fits snugly without any adjustment, while the other is either too loose to stay on or too tight to get the tube in there, depending on how I adjust the "sliders" that allow the dampers to cover tubes of different sizes (see here for an illustration of the sliders).  The sliders on that damper are also too loose, and slide right out if a tube isn't holding them in place.  I can only get a tube to fit into that slider if one of the sliders isn't tightly gripping the tube.

After a few hours, the ringing noise still appeared in the left channel.  I put the "better" damper on the 1st tube, and the poor-fitting damper on the 3rd tube.  The ringing noise then appeared on the right channel after a few hours.

Is this just a case of a bad tube damper?  Or do I need to have the same damper on all 4 tubes to get the proper effect?  Each of my other 2 tubes are covered by 2 of the cheaper tube rings I got from Tubedepot.

I'm reluctant to buy 2 more of these dampers, considering I don't know for sure if they work and that 1 of the 2 I bought fits so poorly.

Sep 27, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #1,948 of 2,306
Quote:
Lord Soth............do you get to go to the Real Matches?  A dream of mine for sure!

Hi Icenine2,

Sure thing! I attend every "live" match in Fifa Manager.
biggrin.gif

Seriously speaking, my dream is to watch Real take on Barcelona .... and crush them!

Errm... since this is Head-fi, my dream is to watch the above-mentioned match in person and listen to the English commentary over a pair of STAX earspeakers! :)

Sep 29, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #1,950 of 2,306
My White isolation platforms (from Timbernation.com)[size=medium] [/size]finally arrived last week for the LF and Phonitor - YaY!

LF:

Phonitor:

.... Which just happens to match my PC :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back