Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Sep 15, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #1,921 of 2,306
Quote:
I shot some pics with my iPad from my new setup in action,pleasse don't mind the cables and other AV stuff.
My next purchase will probably be a VTI rack to put all my audio stuff in,that way i can tidy up all my cables and i can separate audio from video stuff (there's a true spaghetti war going on behind my my AV rack :D )

This gives a small idea how the units look like,they are in real life off course 10x more beautiful.
Hope you'll like the pics

Thanks Freazy!  Gorgeous setup! I appreciate the spaghetti war. I have a new Decware CSP2+  coming and I am trying to figure out where I am going to put it and how to clean up the rats nest. Wireless audio anyone? (Oh wait, I just killed an entire industry! )

Congrats on the wonderful gear!

What HP's are you using with this setup?

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:35 AM Post #1,923 of 2,306
Quote:

Thanks Freazy!  Gorgeous setup! I appreciate the spaghetti war. I have a new Decware CSP2+  coming and I am trying to figure out where I am going to put it and how to clean up the rats nest. Wireless audio anyone? (Oh wait, I just killed an entire industry! )

Congrats on the wonderful gear!

What HP's are you using with this setup?

At the moment the LCD-3,i still have to try the Sennies HD800 and the LCD-2 Rev.2
Quote:
Looks like my baby ended up in a good home.

Yep,i look after him like if it was my baby :D

Sep 15, 2012 at 9:53 AM Post #1,924 of 2,306
Quote:
Looks like my baby ended up in a good home.

biggrin.gif
  I think it'll be well cared for!

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #1,926 of 2,306
Freazy.  Really nice!  Try plugging the phones into the top jack, listen, and report back.  Has a bit more punch to my ears.  I think most of us use that setting for the phones.
Quote:
I shot some pics with my iPad from my new setup in action,pleasse don't mind the cables and other AV stuff.
My next purchase will probably be a VTI rack to put all my audio stuff in,that way i can tidy up all my cables and i can separate audio from video stuff (there's a true spaghetti war going on behind my my AV rack :D )

This gives a small idea how the units look like,they are in real life off course 10x more beautiful.
Hope you'll like the pics

Sep 15, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #1,927 of 2,306
Quote:
He's already able to provide more than I ever did for it. Siemens tubes and vibracones. They grow up so fast.

Maybe it will remember to write home...
biggrin.gif

Sep 16, 2012 at 6:39 AM Post #1,928 of 2,306
I got some more info about the Siemens tubes,when i asked the vendor located in Germany if they were similar to the Siemsns platinum tubes they all recommend here.

[size=13.63636302947998px]
yes, it´s correct, these tubes are developed and manufactored for 10.000hours + X
(Military Grade for the German Army "Bundeswehr")
And it´s correct that you bought the oldest production from the E88CC it´s similar with the legendary CCa Version.
(what few people know)
In the "Bundeswehr" (I was a Soldier there for 12 years from 1984 until 1996 in the tank barracks in Wetzlar) we used this tubes.
I studied Electronics in Giessen near Wetzler in this years.
[/size]  
I also know for a fact they were manufactured in the year 1959.
Can't wait to receive these babies :D

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:42 PM Post #1,929 of 2,306
Do LF owners usually keep their headphones plugged into the LF when turning it on and off?  Unplugging each time would seem to result in a gradual (or maybe rapid) erosion of the outlet.  Is there any risk to keeping the headphones plugged in when powering up or down?

Sep 17, 2012 at 1:54 PM Post #1,930 of 2,306
I keep my LCD3 plugged in almost all of the time.
Occasionally I will swap in my HD800 though, which I suppose helps to keep the jack clean etc...

If you're only using one pair of headphones with the LF, then I would suggest unplugging them from time to time.
Maybe once per week or so.  I certainly don't see a need for it durring every use, but that's just my opinion.

However, if I'm going to be removing or plugging in a pair of can's, I always make sure the LF is turned off first.
- It just reduces the risk of any potential problem occuring.

Sep 17, 2012 at 2:34 PM Post #1,932 of 2,306
I plug & unplug mine after every listening session,is this bad??

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #1,933 of 2,306
The jacks are high grade professional series and will withstand many cycles of repeated plugging in and out. So no harm in that,  equally though, the offset detector will electrically disconnect the headphones at both startup and power down and thus no real need to unplug them for general use. 

..dB

Sep 18, 2012 at 9:55 PM Post #1,934 of 2,306
Well...................I just downloaded Workingman's Dead from HDTracks and it is incredible.  This is what HD should sound like!  Man it is just stellar.  Everything is there with sound stage, imaging is killer, bass, detail.  Wow!  LF making it sing!

Sep 18, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #1,935 of 2,306
Quote:
Well...................I just downloaded Workingman's Dead from HDTracks and it is incredible.  This is what HD should sound like!  Man it is just stellar.  Everything is there with sound stage, imaging is killer, bass, detail.  Wow!  LF making it sing!

Thanks for keeping me up to date on my wants and needs!!! You keep adding to my lust-after list. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back