Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Dec 10, 2011 at 6:49 PM Post #646 of 2,306
Gratz dude. But why don't you order from ALO, mine came within two weeks. It shows it is still available on their website. May make it just in time for Christmas!

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:03 PM Post #648 of 2,306

Quote:
I'm sure you'll enjoy the LF when it arrives in February, Warrior Ant. With the W4S DAC2 and LCD-2R1 I'm really content with my listening situation right now and knowing you're also one of the many W4SDAC2 fans, hope your very educated listening skills find the same contentment that my decidedly less developed skills have, although we all enjoy the same basic love of listening to music for whatever reason.
I'd also like to add that I think you'll be very happy with the great personal touch Alex Cavalli has with his customers and now the addition of Don Basel has added to the wonderful personal and technical Cavalli experience.
Enjoy!

Haven't seen you in a while. I did not know you also had the LF! 

Dec 10, 2011 at 7:57 PM Post #651 of 2,306

Quote:
Haven't seen you in a while. I did not know you also had the LF! 

The interesting thing I've discovered about the forum and me is that having found a happy level of contentment with my current setup I'm less inclined to scour the forum and more inclined to just enjoy listening. (although it's quite easy to do both at once!) I now have more cursory looks for posters such as yourself and a couple of others that I've had enjoyable personal exchanges with but don't have the need or desire to be searching for the next great addition. The arrival of the Liquid Fire has been like the elusive missing piece being found. No tube rolling, no looking for fine tuning with different cables, just enjoying rediscovering lots of familiar and not so familiar music. Purchasing the Bryston BDP-1 has also been a wonderful part of the puzzle completion both as a fine sounding source that's so convenient to access and  just the act of slowly loading my CD collection onto an external hard drive for the BDP-1 using dbpoweramp has been a fun exercise in rediscovering different tunes and albums. 
Nice to hear from you.

Dec 10, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #653 of 2,306
I think I'll be making a purchase soon as well. I'm sick of looking and I've heard the LF before and liked it. They're from my home town and I'd feel guilty if I went another route, too. 

Plus I'm always up for finding a reason to get Brian over to my place to talk about music for awhile. I'll make him hand deliver it. :wink:

Dec 11, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #655 of 2,306

Quote:
Its done!  Ordered.   Sachu, Icenine2, mwilson, SillySally, my wallet blames you all! 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Congrats !

As you know I remember you from the Woo thread 6 months ago, and knew then you would never get a Woo. But when I saw you in this thread and with the few questions you where asking, I said to myself this is a surprise I think he is going to get the Liquid Fire.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:48 AM Post #656 of 2,306

Quote:
Congrats !

As you know I remember you from the Woo thread 6 months ago, and knew then you would never get a Woo. But when I saw you in this thread and with the few questions you where asking, I said to myself this is a surprise I think he is going to get the Liquid Fire.

Well I wanted a Woo ( I like the way they look) but from 6 months of reading, following, and talking to folks it didn't seem like any of the models had what I wanted.  You should have told me six months ago I was never going to get a Woo! It would have saved my a lot of work!   After the first run of the Liquid Fire settled into the hands of their owners the posts that have followed throughout the web have been so positive I had to pencil it in.   A tube hybrid everyone loves. I haven't seen that before.  I guess I should have listened to Sachu from the start.  That's right Sachu, I said I should have listened to you way back when, I freely admit it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Dec 12, 2011 at 10:40 AM Post #657 of 2,306
I considered Woo amps for about a month a long time ago and then realized they didn't have what I wanted. 

They are ridiculously sexy, but just not what I want sound wise. I honestly don't think any full tube amp is. 

Hybrids and SS for me. 

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #658 of 2,306

Quote:
  I guess I should have listened to Sachu from the start.  That's right Sachu, I said I should have listened to you way back when, I freely admit it. 
very_evil_smiley.gif

Quoted for posterity!  Just kidding. 
tongue_smile.gif

My two cent on Woo amps is that while I've heard a bunch of them and never thought any of them were "bad", I never really liked any of them enough to buy one for use with the LCD-2.  That being said, I know some people who are very happy with their Woo amps, so to each their own.

Dec 12, 2011 at 1:53 PM Post #659 of 2,306
I loved my WA22 while I had it. Of course, the right combination of tubes helped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equus /img/forum/go_quote.gif

My two cent on Woo amps is that while I've heard a bunch of them and never thought any of them were "bad", I never really liked any of them enough to buy one for use with the LCD-2.  That being said, I know some people who are very happy with their Woo amps, so to each their own.

Dec 12, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #660 of 2,306
I can totally see that.  The WA22 I had a chance of listening to wasn't bad.  We listened to it with a bunch of different tubes.  Unfortunately, the owner has been absent from our meets recently.  At the time, I preferred the sound of the Stacker 2, but that probably was mostly because of the nature and sound signature of the Stacker than because of any deficiencies on the WA22 side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back