Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Aug 18, 2011 at 1:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,306

sachu

Headphoneus Supremus

While my opinions when it comes to headphone amplifiers is well known, there is no denying the fact that Dr. Cavalli has put out a cracker of an amplifier in his newest and first commercial offering, the Liquid Fire. Especially given that I have heard all of his designs in the last 5 years and have built 80% of his DIY designs, to say the Liquid Fire is the best headphone amplifier that I have heard thus far is an understatement. . 

I will also be the first to admit that there are other amplifiers out there that out do the LF in certain areas, but the LF is one of those very rare amplifiers (The Cavalli Audio Stacker and the Balancing Act with some crazy rare tubes are the other ones that I found superlative) that bring it all together just right.

Figured with the first round of the Liquid Fire all sold out, this is now an appropriate thread for its owners and fans to palaver and exchange notes on headphones, sources to go with the Liquid Fire, music that one might be compelled to mention after listening to it on their LF rig  and of course tube rolling :).

Aug 18, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 2,306
Liquid Fire is the amp now.  It is the best amp I've heard as well.  Serial #4 here!!

Sachu.  You beat me by minutes starting this new thread!

Aug 18, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #4 of 2,306
I agree this amp should be under the heading of high end.

I still don't have this many facet amp figured out. Of-course I have a very unique system because of my Smith Realiser with its HDMI ports.

Aug 18, 2011 at 9:54 PM Post #6 of 2,306
SS,

Smyth Realizer is top of my list.  That and a pair of LCD2rev2's or maybe HE6's.  I never considered the HE6's before because of the amp requirement.  Now that I have the LF that is a non-issue!

Aug 19, 2011 at 9:06 AM Post #9 of 2,306
It was listed on the ALO site this morning at 2750 and when I registered I received an automated email saying 3250.. not sure what gives there

Aug 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #10 of 2,306

Quote:
It was listed on the ALO site this morning at 2750 and when I registered I received an automated email saying 3250.. not sure what gives there

GIve ALO a call and find out if they have one in stock. IF they do, then the price should be 2750 as the second run is still open for pre orders.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:19 PM Post #12 of 2,306
Posted this picture again of my Liquid Fire #4.  Load plug for break-in showing.  Tesla T-1's out of this shot.

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:28 PM Post #15 of 2,306

Quote:

Sorry guys that was our mistake, our website indicated we have them in stock when we actually do not. I apologize.

We have a automated "Notify me now" when the item comes back into stock and that was sent to everyone when we in reality do now have any :frowning2: my bad. The inventory has been corrected.

Ken

Campfire Audio Campfire Audio - Nicely Done. Stay updated on Campfire Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.campfireaudio.com/ Support@campfireaudio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back