Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Apr 27, 2012 at 11:11 AM Post #1,321 of 2,306
I'll get my SR-009 delivered next Thu. or Fri. While I don't yet have the BHSE, I'll be using a WEE off my Resolution Audio C50 speaker amp and I'll report a brief comparison with the LCD-3/LF in this thread. For those who don't know me, I'm totally unbiased towards brands or setup costs. If something's a dud, I'll call it out.

Quote:
Or go the Stax route to the next $$ level.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:14 AM Post #1,322 of 2,306
The only bad thing I can think of is for us sellers overflowing the used market and seeing the price drop. For buyers, it's an excellent opportunity to snag a stellar amp at an obscene price (I'm talking about you Peter 
angry_face.gif
 )

For all others, it should bear no meaning. I can guarantee your amp will sound the same regardless of what people think of it, or how many there are for sale. Besides, like it's been said above, they are from people moving up, not sideways.

Quote:
Of course that's true but the fact 3 (4?) hit the market at the same time can look bad. I of course know this isn't the case but it's happened before.
Can't be too worried though. People tend to be more well informed before a purchase like this.
Also, I'm horrible with that gear door.

Apr 27, 2012 at 11:27 AM Post #1,323 of 2,306
The only bad thing I can think of is for us sellers overflowing the used market and seeing the price drop. For buyers, it's an excellent opportunity to snag a stellar amp at an obscene price (I'm talking about you Peter 
angry_face.gif
 )

For all others, it should bear no meaning. I can guarantee your amp will sound the same regardless of what people think of it, or how many there are for sale. Besides, like it's been said above, they are from people moving up, not sideways.

Quote:
Of course that's true but the fact 3 (4?) hit the market at the same time can look bad. I of course know this isn't the case but it's happened before.
Can't be too worried though. People tend to be more well informed before a purchase like this.
Also, I'm horrible with that gear door.

That's what I meant. If something goes too low because there are a bunch on the market it 'cheapens' the amp in nieve people's eyes. In a perfect world no one forms an opinion (at least one that makes it sound like they've heard it) without hearing something, but we all know that doesn't always happen.

The D7000 is a prime example. Then again...cans are more susceptable to things like this, me thinks.

Apr 27, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #1,325 of 2,306

Quote:

Nice buy from a nice guy. Enjoy your LF.

True dat. Actually your comments of the LF vs. the WA5LE rang loud and clear in my ears that eventually tipped to to pick it up. Thanks Peter.

Quote:
Both buyer and seller are good folks.  Enjoy the amp, and make sure to report back!

Thanks...will definitely report back when it arrives next week.

Quote:
I'll get my SR-009 delivered next Thu. or Fri. While I don't yet have the BHSE, I'll be using a WEE off my Resolution Audio C50 speaker amp and I'll report a brief comparison with the LCD-3/LF in this thread. For those who don't know me, I'm totally unbiased towards brands or setup costs. If something's a dud, I'll call it out.

Very curious to your thoughts about the SR-009s. Based on what I've read, they seem less picky than the SR-007s (a good thing IMO). I would love to hear them sometime soon...hopefully at a local meet. That's quite the killer setup you'll have Nick!

Quote:
angry_face.gif
 )

smile.gif
  I do appreciate the deal and great communication.

WRT pricing, gear goes in ebbs and flows. Doesn't necessarily mean anything about the gear, but more of statistical anomalies IMO. And Nick makes a very good point about the reasons people are selling them, not performance, but rather moving on to a Stax rig or needed pre-amp outs (with a Dark Star already in the fold).

Apr 27, 2012 at 3:54 PM Post #1,326 of 2,306
Anyone come from the red wine audio isabelina w dac and move to the liquid fire? I was thinking of going with one of these with a pair of lcd3. I like that the isabelina has the dac built in and I can add the wadia and my iPod. I have the whiplash audio modded version. I also know that there are outstanding separate dac's out there too. I have read nothing but good things with these two Amps and the lcd3. I have never heard a pair of headphones with a balanced connection btw.

Apr 27, 2012 at 5:22 PM Post #1,327 of 2,306

Quote:
Anyone come from the red wine audio isabelina w dac and move to the liquid fire? I was thinking of going with one of these with a pair of lcd3. I like that the isabelina has the dac built in and I can add the wadia and my iPod. I have the whiplash audio modded version. I also know that there are outstanding separate dac's out there too. I have read nothing but good things with these two Amps and the lcd3. I have never heard a pair of headphones with a balanced connection btw.

I haven't owned the RWA Isabellina HPA, but IIRC one of the locals over here in Seattle (kingstyles) had one, though it was an older version.  He's also heard my Liquid Fire rig, so he may be able to give some limited feedback.  I've heard his old rig a while back at a meet and liked it with the LCD-2.  You can try shooting him a PM if you don't find anyone with more first-hand experience.

Apr 28, 2012 at 1:28 AM Post #1,328 of 2,306

Quote:

Check mwilsons Liquid Fire review. He chose the LF over the RWA.

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:13 PM Post #1,329 of 2,306
Gents, I think there is a natural ebb and flow of owners and sellers in the audio world. I like to think of it as, the LF has given people a much better idea of what they can really hear and now they want more, so they move up. But they are moving up to a much more expensive electrostatic rig. And maybe the LL can be part of that.  :) And in the Wuss' case, well he needs more signal paths.

In the meantime, I think I (as MOT) can tell you all that CA will become a headfi sponsor on June 1. I am very happy that CA has progressed to the point where it can do this and I appreciate everyone who has supported the products.

I am looking forward to having the sponsor section because...I have things to tell you and you probably have some questions to ask and feedback to give (like, please put a freaking preamp out on the LF).
biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 12:57 PM Post #1,330 of 2,306

Quote:
For buyers, it's an excellent opportunity to snag a stellar amp at an obscene price (I'm talking about you Peter 
angry_face.gif
 )

I paid even less and got a set of GLs :p

That said, if that bubble in the faceplate grows... you and I are going to have a little chat runeight :wink:

I'll be comparing it to the WA22, GS-1 and Trafo HeadOne.  Probably won't work out this way, but I'm hoping the Trafo bests them all.  Its the only one with a defeatable pre out :D

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:27 PM Post #1,331 of 2,306
Gents, I think there is a natural ebb and flow of owners and sellers in the audio world. I like to think of it as, the LF has given people a much better idea of what they can really hear and now they want more, so they move up. But they are moving up to a much more expensive electrostatic rig. And maybe the LL can be part of that.  :) And in the Wuss' case, well he needs more signal paths.

In the meantime, I think I (as MOT) can tell you all that CA will become a headfi sponsor on June 1. I am very happy that CA has progressed to the point where it can do this and I appreciate everyone who has supported the products.

I am looking forward to having the sponsor section because...I have things to tell you and you probably have some questions to ask and feedback to give (like, please put a freaking preamp out on the LF).
biggrin.gif

Well you know my stance on that pre out, Alex... :D

You're a tough man to get a hold of lately. Nice to know it's going well enough to sponsor here. Call me about my CD player! :wink:

Apr 28, 2012 at 2:28 PM Post #1,332 of 2,306

Quote:

I paid even less and got a set of GLs :p

That said, if that bubble in the faceplate grows... you and I are going to have a little chat runeight :wink:

I'll be comparing it to the WA22, GS-1 and Trafo HeadOne.  Probably won't work out this way, but I'm hoping the Trafo bests them all.  Its the only one with a defeatable pre out :D

Send me email and tell me what's happening please.

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #1,333 of 2,306
Alex,

That's great news. A dedicated Cavalli section will be most welcome.

In my case, I moved up not because I felt the LF was lacking in any aspect (if anything, it always over delivered in the blinkenlight department), but rather I got fed up with the LCD-3 variance. And since the LF couldn't drive an electrostatic phone, it had to sadly go.

biggrin.gif

Apr 28, 2012 at 4:20 PM Post #1,334 of 2,306
Alex,

That's great news. A dedicated Cavalli section will be most welcome.

In my case, I moved up not because I felt the LF was lacking in any aspect (if anything, it always over delivered in the blinkenlight department), but rather I got fed up with the LCD-3 variance. And since the LF couldn't drive an electrostatic phone, it had to sadly go.

biggrin.gif

But maybe if it was a preamp...2ch rig...

Hint hint. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back