Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Aug 23, 2011 at 9:15 PM Post #31 of 2,306

Quote:
Oh my, I see the seller that we got are Quad set from now wants for a pair what we paid for the Quad set.

Ouchie...but I guess not a huge surprise.  Hard to find those tubes at such a competitive price.  He also might be selling down his inventory and can sit on it for a while more.  Hopefully he gets more and lowers his price again.  Heh.

Quote:
Agreed.

THe Siemens definitely are very likeable in the Liquid FIre.

I am still one shy of having a full siemens quad to try out in my own amplifier.

It'll be interesting to see how it translates in your speaker rig.  Works nice for the LCD-2 headphone rig, but wouldn't surprise me if that isn't the same with your Magnepans.

Quote:
I bought LCD2rev2's from Audeze.  I'll have them on Thursday!  Hoping for some serious magic!

Congrats.  They're still my fave headphone.  It's not for everyone...spoke to a few people at the Seattle meet that just don't really dig on their sound sig...but haven't heard anything that I really want more right now.

Aug 24, 2011 at 12:57 PM Post #32 of 2,306
I thought your seimens sounded good. They arent the warmest tube, but they did have good clarity and highs. 

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:15 PM Post #33 of 2,306
Thanks man.  Yeah, I think the Tungsrams come across as warmer due to the weight in the lower register.  Sachu also suggested maybe looking into Amperex tubes do add a little more warmth.  Like I said, I think the Siemens tubes translate better for quiet listening and meet conditions really wouldn't play to their strengths that much.  They do, however, work pretty well with the Japanese pop tracks that I have, since it helps handle the density of sound and treble happy mixing pretty well.

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #35 of 2,306
My take on the Siemens in my system, is that the Siemens offers just enough weight in the lower end and also very nice control with the bass, it also seems to bring out the mids better along with taming the highs so the highs don't over shadow the mids.

If you try a pair of HD800's using the Siemens in your LF, you may notice as I do the welcome added weight in the bass, best I have ever heard the HD800 sound.

Now go from the HD800's to the HE6's and I heard a great deal of depth with the HE6's, making imo the HE6's the clear winner between the two.

I used the high imp plug for the HD800's and the low imp plug for the HE6's, and yes I lessened at about 85db for both.

One of the things I like about the LF in my system is that the LF seems to do a wonderful job of combining a SS amp with a tube amp, taking from both the best quality's without the lessor quality's and combining both to give me  great overall dynamics, neutrality, highs, mids and low that are very well balanced with no ear fatigue at higher volume levels.

Side note, I still think that my LF, w4s and tubes are changing all for the better so until this combo reaches its max potential, what I have said can and probably will change.

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:23 PM Post #36 of 2,306
Aug 24, 2011 at 8:00 PM Post #37 of 2,306

Quote:
Stevey Guttenberg re-reviews the LCD2 in rev2 version.  These are going to sound so sweet with my Liquid Fire!

http://news.cnet.com/audiophiliac/?tag=rb_content;overviewHead

If you like Steve's reviews here is his review of the Realiser that you seem to be interested in. However the Realiser has now been updated with its use of HDMI ports, very nice upgrade.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-13645_3-20010977-47.html?tag=mncol;1n

Aug 24, 2011 at 10:05 PM Post #38 of 2,306
SS,

Thanks!  I do know of the HDMI upgrade.  That is what I'm aiming for.  LCD2rev2's here tomorrow.

Aug 24, 2011 at 11:12 PM Post #39 of 2,306
More fun with your LCD2's and just in time for the weekend, that's great. Let us know what you think of your new headphone.

I know I should start to do A/B's with the LF and W4S switching with my AGD DAC19 DSP1 v5 and my WA5LE now that I can hear again, but I am enjoying my LF/W4S and tubes so much I just don't want to spend time away from the LF/W4S/tubes.

I did play some of my old rock (poor quality 1.4mbps for video and audio) music video's last night and after getting over the loss of detail/background, I must say that the LF/W4S did a very nice job with these rock vids. I am use to using HQ audio tracks that have up to 10mbps (just for the audio) with the LF/W4S and are MCH rather than 2CH stereo that my music vids are.

btw icenine2, just encase the wife doesn't share your same enthusiasm
deadhorse.gif
, I am just down the street.

Aug 25, 2011 at 9:08 AM Post #40 of 2,306
SS,

Thanks.  And my wife as probably 99% or audio-guys does not share the same enthusiasm!

Aug 25, 2011 at 4:51 PM Post #41 of 2,306
Good News: My LF just arrived! A day early.
Not So Good News: The Front Panel Power Switch does not turn the amp on.

After plugging in the amp and turning the rear standby switch on, the Front Panel Power Switch then glows. But no matter how I press the Piezo switch it will not turn the amp on. I've been trying for the past 10 minutes with no luck. I've read the directions and pushing the switch will not turn the amp on. I've pushed with low pressure and I've pushed with lot of pressure. The Power Switch lights up though. Can someone advise me on this. Thanks.

Aug 25, 2011 at 6:00 PM Post #43 of 2,306

Quote:
Good News: My LF just arrived! A day early.
Not So Good News: The Front Panel Power Switch does not turn the amp on.

After plugging in the amp and turning the rear standby switch on, the Front Panel Power Switch then glows. But no matter how I press the Piezo switch it will not turn the amp on. I've been trying for the past 10 minutes with no luck. I've read the directions and pushing the switch will not turn the amp on. I've pushed with low pressure and I've pushed with lot of pressure. The Power Switch lights up though. Can someone advise me on this. Thanks.

What a bummer!
On the bright side, its impressive how quickly Alex is on top of this problem.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #44 of 2,306
I just got my LCD2rev2's.  They are still green but this combo with the LF is killer!!!  I put on this 24 bit Eno recording "Small Craft in a Milk Sea" because the bass is pretty low.  I about rattled the fillings out of my teeth!  Everything is clearer/more defined w/the LC's over the T-1's.  More to come!

Clayton: Hope you got the switch worked out.

Aug 25, 2011 at 8:56 PM Post #45 of 2,306
Listening to Mahavishnu Orchestra's Birds of Fire.  Beyond belief great.  I haven't remotely heard it sound this good since I first heard it on vinyl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back