Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
Jul 17, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #2,251 of 2,306
If this is put into production I believe it will be any color you want as long as it's black!  You don't want Red anyways with a Red Ferrari lurking about!

Aug 28, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #2,252 of 2,306
Major Sound improvement with this tweak............
Better imaging and soundstage.............

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:47 PM Post #2,254 of 2,306
My advice is to just leave the JJ's in.  I know a few who have bought some $$ but the point of this amp is the tubes aren't supposed to have that great an effect on sound.

Aug 28, 2014 at 2:48 PM Post #2,255 of 2,306
  Major Sound improvement with this tweak............
Better imaging and soundstage.............

BTW.  I've found better results with the Donut in........

Feb 5, 2015 at 11:37 PM Post #2,260 of 2,306
Liquid Crimson review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cavalli-audio-liquid-crimson/reviews/12528

Feb 6, 2015 at 12:06 AM Post #2,261 of 2,306
  Liquid Crimson review

http://www.head-fi.org/products/cavalli-audio-liquid-crimson/reviews/12528

Do you have any experience with the Liquid Fire?  In a way that you could compare the sound of the Fire to the Crimson?
I own a Liquid Fire.  Comparisons to its sound would be something I could relate to.
What I love most about the Liquid Fire is its set-back and enveloping headstage.  It hugs me.  It hugs my head as I listen.  Makes me wonder how much of that is in the Crimson.  My impressions though from reviews so far is that the Crimson is more forward (less set-back).

Feb 6, 2015 at 8:21 AM Post #2,262 of 2,306
I do not have enough time with the Fire to give a fair comparison. I did feel that the Crimson had that enveloping experience. I was brought into the music rather than watching the music. It was very nice.

Feb 7, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #2,263 of 2,306

Do you have any experience with the Liquid Fire?  In a way that you could compare the sound of the Fire to the Crimson?
I own a Liquid Fire.  Comparisons to its sound would be something I could relate to.
What I love most about the Liquid Fire is its set-back and enveloping headstage.  It hugs me.  It hugs my head as I listen.  Makes me wonder how much of that is in the Crimson.  My impressions though from reviews so far is that the Crimson is more forward (less set-back).

I own a LF and had the prototype for the Crimson at home for a few weeks.  I would say the Crimson is a better amp but now worth selling the LF for if you own it.  The Liquid Gold on the other hand is a huge step up but also more $$

Dec 23, 2015 at 9:35 PM Post #2,264 of 2,306
Sitting in the dark listening to "All Things Must Pass" 24/96 download from the first issue.  Speechless and happy.  45 years later this is still fabulous.

Jan 17, 2016 at 3:10 AM Post #2,265 of 2,306
Any more feedback from other liquid fire owners out there? Im curious to hear how you feel about your (almost) 5 year old amp and how you think it compares with the more modern amps out there.

I have mine loaded with the philips SQ tubes and am very content with the sound signature. It sounds so smoooth! I have been running a pair of GS1ke's and lcd 2.2's through it, but a surprise hit I've just found is a set of fidelio x2's. These headphones can sound a bit shrill at the high end, but with the liquid fire the sound is rounded out nicely, eliminating the 'jaggy' treble.

Result - Awesome bass, warm mids, liquid noise!! I honestly dont think a set of <£200 cans have ever sounded so good!! Some awesome synergy going on here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back