Cavalli Audio Liquid Fire
May 16, 2012 at 1:44 PM Post #1,606 of 2,306
At least you guys can bicker about what differences you can hear (or not) between the various tubes in your LF.
wink_face.gif

My LF is still stuck in Canada customs awaiting clearance. (4 business days now...)
*sigh* it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

May 16, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #1,607 of 2,306
Quote:
At least you guys can bicker about what differences you can hear (or not) between the various tubes in your LF.
wink_face.gif

My LF is still stuck in Canada customs awaiting clearance. (4 business days now...)
*sigh* it's a conspiracy I tell ya!

Mine took a wile as well. 4 days sounds right. It shouldn't be long now.

And I'm not here to get emotional and argue. I was hoping more for a conversation about the amp, and tubes. But I guess some people are too sensitive for that kind of objective discussion 
wink.gif

May 16, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,608 of 2,306
I certainly hope it isn't long.
I'd like to have it here and burning in over the long weekend.

(Can't believe it's the May 2-4 weekend already??)

On a separate note my Q audio RCA IC's shipped yesterday.
They should pair up nicely with the LF and LCD-3 (which already has a Q headphone cable attached).

Anyone have any thoughts for a good power cable for the LF?
(I have a couple of Belden cables made by TakeFive Audio, but I'm always open to suggestions).

May 17, 2012 at 8:31 AM Post #1,610 of 2,306
Quote:
Anyone have any thoughts for a good power cable for the LF?
(I have a couple of Belden cables made by TakeFive Audio, but I'm always open to suggestions).

I use Shunyata Venom 3 cables for my LF and DAC, and to me they provide noticeable improvements over the stock cables.  I haven't tried any other aftermarket cables, but at $99, I think they're a relatively low-risk way to see for yourself if power cables can make a difference.

I also considered Moon Audio's Black Dragon power cable, which goes for $260.

May 17, 2012 at 4:47 PM Post #1,614 of 2,306
Nice, I might look into the Venom 3.
I forgot I also have a nice Neotech (10awg) PC that might fit the bill.
I believe the TakeFive PC's are 12awg.

To me, power cables can and do make a difference on the right equipment. 
Like anything else they are a part of the audio chain and we all know how fickle audio can be.

On an awesome note, it looks like both my LF and Q IC`s have been released from customs
and are due to be picked up by Canada Post this evening.
(Crossing my fingers for delivery tomorrow).

Turns out Customs thought the LF was a commercial product being sent to my company without
the correct paperwork.  I received a letter from the CBSA this morning and promptly called them
to correct the situation and let them know that it is a personal product and not company related.

Anyway, all is good now.... finally! 
bigsmile_face.gif

May 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #1,617 of 2,306
If you are looking for a matched quad, you should check them out at tctubes.com. They work out slightly cheaper than even that sale price, and shipping is really quick from MN. Both Tyler and Chelsea are awesome to deal with and they stand behind their tubes. IMHO, definitely the "best bang for the buck" tubes for the LF.

May 17, 2012 at 8:10 PM Post #1,618 of 2,306
My little audio / PC corner (Pre-Liquid Fire)

Headphones: Sennheiser HD800 / Audeze LCD-3

Headphone Amp: SPL Phonitor

DAC: Audiolab M-DAC

Speaker Controller w/ Room Calibration: KRK Ergo

Speakers: Dynaudio BM6A MkII

Subwoofer: Dynaudio BM9S

May 17, 2012 at 8:13 PM Post #1,619 of 2,306
Well, my matched quad of platinum E88CC Siemens tubes arrived today from The Tube Museum and all I can say is this is the best I've heard the LF.
basshead.gif
The changes aren't night and day, but sufficient enough for me to stop tube rolling. The bass is incredible. The definition and detail is beyond what I thought my LCD-3s could provide, the imaging too....simply amazing. My E88CC/CV2492 Mullards were very good in that respect too, but this is slightly above from what I'm hearing. As these tubes are NOS, I want to make sure I give them 50 or so hours of burn-in before I comment more, but overall I'm pleasantly surprised just how good the improvements are.

Thanks to Nick (mwilson) for recommending the tubes....although my wallet doesn't feel the same level of gratitude.
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back