Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Nov 23, 2015 at 4:58 PM Post #1,066 of 1,195

Yeah that's not cool. 
blink.gif

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:01 PM Post #1,067 of 1,195
You want cool? I'll give you cool….

Thanks - it's the only connector I don't have so was curious.

Yeah, that's a tough one. From the picture it looks like if it faced up it would risk hitting anything stacked above it, same with down and then would probably cover the power button if to the left.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:04 PM Post #1,068 of 1,195

Down would be optimum. The Kobi body sticks out, so it would not interfere would any unit underneath, but would be a problem if it sat directly on a tabletop.

Now, I'm wondering about the one on the back.

Nov 23, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #1,070 of 1,195
…or…facing down, and drilled in right where the headphone icon is now. Switch-switch.

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:29 PM Post #1,071 of 1,195
Anyone have a good source for adaptors? I have a 3.5 mm TRRS balanced cable to use my IEMs with the Geek Out v2+, and would love to be able to plug that into a properly configured TRRS-to-XLR adaptor. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 6:32 PM Post #1,072 of 1,195
  Anyone have a good source for adaptors? I have a 3.5 mm TRRS balanced cable to use my IEMs with the Geek Out v2+, and would love to be able to plug that into a properly configured TRRS-to-XLR adaptor. 

Check with Trevor at Norne Audio - he will likely be able to set you up and he makes top quality stuff. 

Alternatively you could check with Luna Shops over in China (look on eBay for them) - they'll make you whatever you want for pretty cheap - it just takes a while to ship. 

Cheers 

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:24 PM Post #1,073 of 1,195

I have the Moon Audio Black Dragon and I see what you mean. 

There were 4 different directions that the Kobiconn port could have been oriented in, and 3 of them would be good, and the way that it is installed is the most inconvenient way 
confused.gif
. An oversight perhaps?

Here is a picture of the female Kobiconn inlet. As you can see, the solder tabs (to connect the inlet to the circuit board) face down and require that the male Kobiconn connector be connected in the rightward orientation. In my view, it is installed in the only orientation possible.

Nov 23, 2015 at 7:39 PM Post #1,074 of 1,195
I had a 2.5 TRRS adapter made to plug directly into my LC, but I got a Hugo in the meantime so I don't need it.

Dr. Cavalli said it would work fine as long as you connected the 3.5 out on the source to the 3.5 in on the LC as a ground. 

If anyone is interested, PM me. 

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #1,075 of 1,195

Here is a picture of the female Kobiconn inlet. As you can see, the solder tabs (to connect the inlet to the circuit board) face down and require that the male Kobiconn connector be connected in the rightward orientation. In my view, it is installed in the only orientation possible.

Thanks for that! I assumed it was wired to a plug jack.

A picture says a thousand words. I am trying to remember if my RSA Predator (long gone) had the same orientation?

Nov 23, 2015 at 8:40 PM Post #1,076 of 1,195
  I had a 2.5 TRRS adapter made to plug directly into my LC, but I got a Hugo in the meantime so I don't need it.

Dr. Cavalli said it would work fine as long as you connected the 3.5 out on the source to the 3.5 in on the LC as a ground. 

If anyone is interested, PM me. 

So…would this also work with connecting the 2.5mm balanced out of an AKXXX to the XLR balanced in on the Carbon?

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:28 AM Post #1,078 of 1,195
Hello folks, some of you should be receiving confirmation email soon if you haven't already.

Please note that as of Dec 1 we will no longer do refunds until the rest of the amps are shipped. So if you have changed your mind you still have a few days.

Nov 28, 2015 at 11:50 AM Post #1,079 of 1,195
  Hello folks, some of you should be receiving confirmation email soon if you haven't already.

Please note that as of Dec 1 we will no longer do refunds until the rest of the amps are shipped. So if you have changed your mind you still have a few days.

Hi Alex,

Does this include all orders? I am #1000001033, not sure what to expect.

Cheers 

Nov 28, 2015 at 12:17 PM Post #1,080 of 1,195
We expect the rest of the orders to begin shipping about Dec 8. We will send out the confirmation emails in small batches, about 50 at a time so we can ensure that we don't miss anything. If you don't have an email yet, don't panic. You will get it as we make our way through the orders.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back