Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon Now Available
Nov 22, 2015 at 1:11 AM Post #1,051 of 1,195
After a few days of it sitting in my parents room awaiting for my arrival in the US...serial 102 is now reporting

No blemishes on mine

Nov 22, 2015 at 5:27 PM Post #1,052 of 1,195
Thanks for that. It's helpful to know the customs damage in advance.

This case looks like it could hold the amp and cables. There is a smaller version which is annoyingly just slightly under the amp dimensions. Might be worth a try in case it's slightly larger than stated.

I'm going to try these guys to see if they can do a Pelican case with custom foam to protect Carbon, Concero, and cables.

http://www.cratersandfreightersorangecty.com/services/pelican-and-pelican-storm-cases/

Nov 22, 2015 at 7:54 PM Post #1,053 of 1,195

I'm going to try these guys to see if they can do a Pelican case with custom foam to protect Carbon, Concero, and cables.

http://www.cratersandfreightersorangecty.com/services/pelican-and-pelican-storm-cases/

You could also just buy a Pelican case and get the "pick n' pluck" foam insert that you can customize yourself. That's what I've done with all of my Pelican cases, such as the 1040 I use now for my Mojo/AK100 stack and Noble K10's. 

Looking at the dimensions of the LC and the Concero (~8x5x2 and ~4x4x1 respectively) the Pelican 1400 might be a good choice. Here's the link to B&H Photos page for the 1400.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/search?Ntt=pelican+1400&N=0&InitialSearch=yes&sts=ma&Top+Nav-Search=

Cheers 

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:32 PM Post #1,054 of 1,195
Does anyone know when will I get mine shipped based off of these numbers I got?

Your Order #100000656 
(placed on Apr 16, 2015)

Nov 22, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #1,055 of 1,195
  Does anyone know when will I get mine shipped based off of these numbers I got?

Your Order #100000656 
(placed on Apr 16, 2015)

Cavalli is expected to issue an update on shipments tomorrow.

Nov 23, 2015 at 11:22 AM Post #1,056 of 1,195
Hi, a couple of you guys had asked what the customs duties were in the UK. I've just opened the dreaded FedEx letter and the damage is £110.47 which is approximately $168 meaning the total cost to the UK was £504.77 or $767.

I flew back from Dublin last night so have only had the unit overnight and I'm going through the recommended 150 hour burn-in period but obviously have had to sneak in a bit of listening and so far so good.

I intend to take it with me on my weekly travels so can anyone recommend a suitable case that will protect it but isn't too bulky?

Finally, I purchased a Merlin Tarantula power cable but have found the IEC connection to be a bit loose so will return it. Can any UK owners recommend one that will fit flush to the unit?

Damn, than for Portugal that would go to 200 euros +/- holy hell, we in europe usually get the short end of the stick unfortunately that doesnt let me purchase this.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:27 PM Post #1,057 of 1,195
Hi, a couple of you guys had asked what the customs duties were in the UK. I've just opened the dreaded FedEx letter and the damage is £110.47 which is approximately $168 meaning the total cost to the UK was £504.77 or $767.

I flew back from Dublin last night so have only had the unit overnight and I'm going through the recommended 150 hour burn-in period but obviously have had to sneak in a bit of listening and so far so good.

I intend to take it with me on my weekly travels so can anyone recommend a suitable case that will protect it but isn't too bulky?

Finally, I purchased a Merlin Tarantula power cable but have found the IEC connection to be a bit loose so will return it. Can any UK owners recommend one that will fit flush to the unit?

That's weird  -  they only charged me £89.55
I am not complaining….

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #1,058 of 1,195
Has anyone tried the RSA balanced connection? I have both a DHC and a Whiplash RSA balanced cables. On the LC the cables plug forces the cable right against the volume knob do to the kubiconn orientation. Makes it a little awkward but not too bad.

Nov 23, 2015 at 12:51 PM Post #1,061 of 1,195
Has anyone tried the RSA balanced connection? I have both a DHC and a Whiplash RSA balanced cables. On the LC the cables plug forces the cable right against the volume knob do to the kubiconn orientation. Makes it a little awkward but not too bad.

I'll need to try that for giggles....

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #1,062 of 1,195
OK folks, I think we got a break. They shipped all of the USPS packages back to Austin in one single shipment. I just left the post office where we turned all of them outbound to your destinations. You should see tracking that shows this now.

Please let us know if not.

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:50 PM Post #1,063 of 1,195

I have the Moon Audio Black Dragon and I see what you mean. 

There were 4 different directions that the Kobiconn port could have been oriented in, and 3 of them would be good, and the way that it is installed is the most inconvenient way 
confused.gif
. An oversight perhaps?

Nov 23, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #1,064 of 1,195

I have the Moon Audio Black Dragon and I see what you mean. 

There were 4 different directions that the Kobiconn port could have been oriented in, and 3 of them would be good, and the way that it is installed is the most inconvenient way 
confused.gif
. An oversight perhaps?

Would be cool to see a picture of what the LC looks like with that issue. Cheers 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back