Cat Stevens or Yusuf Islam
Jul 30, 2002 at 10:25 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

john_jcb

This is a customized witticism.
My son was visiting recently and he was playing a CD on the computer as he checked email. It sounded familiar so I asked him who he was listening to. He replied Cat Stevens. He said that he is one of his favorite artists. I remember hearing his work and enjoying it in the late 60s through the 70s. My wife shakes her head wondering how we could have the same tastes in music separated by a good number of years.

Anyone else enjoy his work?

Jul 30, 2002 at 11:39 PM Post #2 of 3
i listened to a lot of my dad's cat stevens albums when i was a kid. "moonshadow" was my favorite, although it was a little freaky for a kid. i recently got a promo cd of his greatest hits, all remastered to modern redbook standards. the only song that really still grabs me is "peace train". man, that is a good song.

Aug 14, 2002 at 1:00 PM Post #3 of 3
I was revisiting the Cat on vinyl a couple of weeks ago with great delight; almost like finding him the first time what with my improved sound reproduction train. Thought it was a tragedy when he stopped recording and always was a "head scratcher" for me why he could not pursue his artistic musical expression and Islam at the same time. No problem for me if he wanted to bring the values from one to the other; might have helped my understanding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back