Cases for portable rigs...
Apr 18, 2004 at 9:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

KenW

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for cases/bags to carry my portable gear. I used a Headroom pouch for a PCDP/Total Airhead setup but now I'm in the market for a bag that can accomodate my xp7. Anyone found anything that works especially well?

BTW, love the board change but where the heck is the "search" feature? I just can't find it.

Apr 19, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #2 of 7
I am in the same boat as well. I have my PCDP taped to the top of the XP7. Right now I am sticking this combo in my camera bag (Sony 717), they barely fit. I'm looking for something bigger.

Apr 19, 2004 at 11:26 AM Post #3 of 7
hard to beat the travller bag from Headroom-expensive but very well thought out.

If you just want portability to lug from one listening area to another, look at a pelican case. I have one for my RS-1/RA combo. You can make the foam cradle the stuff and it's waterproof. More luggable than portabile, and you can't listen on the run. But a worry free way to transport expensive stuff, a room for batteries and all other goodies.

M

Apr 19, 2004 at 11:40 AM Post #4 of 7
I'd seen the Traveler on HeadRoom and it is quite expensive....of course what isn't in this field?! You're right in that it's well thought out and laid out. Looks like the best option but man, I hate dropping that kind of dough on a travel bag for gear. Usually, I end up finding some sort of case for something else that I could have adapted to meet my needs at about 1/3 the cost. Drives me nuts. Thanks for the help.

Apr 19, 2004 at 12:10 PM Post #5 of 7
Yes, the traveller is expensive. But is makes portible hi-fi so easy.

My first portable bag was a timbuk2 porkchop that worked fine with a few strategic cuts. And there's the advantage that it doesn't look like you're carrying a camera or stereo. Don't think your amp would fit in the porkchop, but take a look at the indestructible, not made by slave labour hip pouch from pac designs here in Canada. Great quailty and friendly canuck service.

http://www.pacdesigns.com/other.htm

My kid is still using that little pork chop to lug around his ipod/TA/Ety we got him for graduation. Bulletproof-or more importantly, kid proof.

And buckeroo, if you're worried about spending money-find another hobby!
280smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back