Cases/accesories for Cowon D2?
Oct 24, 2008 at 1:38 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MrOldboy

Head-Fier
I am in the market for a new mp3 play since my ipod video is on its last leg. Cracked screen (w/backlight on I can only see 1/2 the screen, and getting worse), battery down to maybe 2-3 hrs playback with backlight off.

So I have recently been very interested in the Cowon D2. I've seen it mentioned/used here very often and after looking at the specs I can see why. But one concern is the lack of any accessories, mostly cases, for the D2. Can anyone recommend a/some that you own? It probably wont decide what mp3 player I get, but I'm just curious.

Also, do you see the price dropping once the s9 and 02 come out? or will that not even matter?

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:01 AM Post #2 of 9
i used my D2 for more than 8 months, NAKED with only a screen protector. The build quality and finishing on D2 are very good, quite scratch resistant. there are various cases available for D2. Javoskin, Cowon and Novere make cases specifically for D2.

Currently the only 1st party accessories available for D2 are:
1. Line In cable
2. Video Out cable

D2 16GB is currently USD175 at Amazon. I dont see any reasons it will drop further than that.

Btw, check out my comparisons for D2 and Sony S630 series.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f15/co...eviews-374879/

Oct 24, 2008 at 8:36 AM Post #3 of 9
there are plenty of instructions on a DIY altoid can protector for the D2

Oct 24, 2008 at 2:16 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Barock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I bought one of these silicone skins from Amazon for my D2, the black one. Nothing special, but does the job, and fits quite snugly.

Yea, I've got that one too.

I'm sure you've been to iaudiophile.net to browse their forum. If not, check it out for the DIY i'case info jessipoo mentioned.

I also have a zcover case, but that's kind of pricey. I think there is another short thread about D2 cases but I don't think there are any recs other than the ones listed here.

Oct 24, 2008 at 4:49 PM Post #6 of 9
I bought my D2 from Jetmall and it came with a leather case. I dropped it a couple of times. Each time the leather saved it from any damage. I also placed a screen protector on it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back