Case for custom monitors
May 9, 2008 at 4:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

slowth

500+ Head-Fier
as i await my freq shows... I thought i'd ask around for suggestions for a nice, useful, SMALL hardcase for them.

they come with some small pouch.. hardly stg I'd use to keep something so valuable!!

I've heard of Pelican but all they have are those rather bulky cases, and I'd rather not buy a UE case when I don't own the UEs..

any suggestions anybody?

May 9, 2008 at 4:57 PM Post #2 of 16
Why not a Shure's case???
Maybe an ATH's case???
AT-HPP3M.jpg

May 9, 2008 at 5:05 PM Post #5 of 16
(EDIT: Too slow!! I use a mint tin like filipelli)

^exactly what i use for both my Livewires, and another for my Cowon D2.

Well an english Marks And Spencers mint tin, which says curiously strong just like the plain altoids red and white tins and same in size....Hmmmm coincidence maybe...i dont think so! And an altoids tin, which cost me £1 in Morrisons in the Uk, but i was in the shop, so i had not much other, quick, choice.

*remembers, must drill holes and line with cloth!*

Perfect for the d2, as its flash, if i drop it all i replace is the cheap $2 (for me) tin, which by then is scratched badly and dented and dimpled!

Matt

May 9, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 16
you all have some "interesting" ideas... not exactly what I had in mind.. haha

UE case is nice, cept it doesn't say FreQ on the top ha..

was thinking something more sleek,sexy.. less sporty and young.. like the aths...

May 9, 2008 at 7:25 PM Post #9 of 16
Slowth I think I have a spare shure case somewhere. If I can find it, I would be happy to send it to you for the price of shipping which is probably less than 3 dollars.

It is just like the Oakley one but shure. Just send me a PM if you want it. Ill look for it when I get home tonight

May 9, 2008 at 8:15 PM Post #11 of 16
The shure clam shell and all others have a zipper. I really did not like using the zipper. The UE case has no zipper and is conected with soft rubber edges so as not to demage the wires. I had demaged my E530 wires in a shure zipper clam shell. It is difficult to demage the wires with the UE case.

You really do not notice the UE on the case it blends nicely and is not in a different color.

The UE case is also smaller than the shure

I have 3 of these for my various IEMs and a pelican case ( impractical )

May 9, 2008 at 8:26 PM Post #12 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by slowth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
was thinking something more sleek,sexy.. less sporty and young.. like the aths...

how about a hard glasses case, with a little piece of felt or silk to wrap then in so they don't rattle around? A little vintage silver cigarette box, with a piece of foam in it, cut to hold the earpieces and cord? Along the same lines, how about one of those little velvet-lined boxes that good pipes come in? Then again, we may have different ideas of sleek and sexy, mine includes tweed and whisky.

Startseitebj1english.jpg

May 10, 2008 at 5:30 AM Post #14 of 16
felt sounds good!!

hah thanks bro!! that's very kind of you, I already have one of those =) but they hold shures.. =)

thanks anyway!! Much appreciated!!

May 10, 2008 at 9:13 PM Post #15 of 16
A pelican micro case.
I cant remember the exact model number but if you Google you can find.
Indestructible very 007-esque

Users who are viewing this thread

Back