Cascade Headphone by Campfire Audio
Aug 6, 2020 at 3:36 PM Post #1,921 of 2,727
The finish texture is definitely different as they confirmed: powder coated instead of anodized – I prefer the anodized finish for sure.

I'd be curious why they would stop offering the other filters if they hadn't retuned them a bit – I can't confirm the difference without burning in the new one quite a bit.
Yeah, why even remove these filters? It's not like they cost a lot. Plus, the website doesn't say anything about these acoustic filters or dampeners. I recall seeing them talked about on the website in the past.

Edit: Yeah, it appears that they have removed it. This probably explains why the 2nd package revision contains only 2 filters; they are slowly phasing these dampeners out.

This is what's on the current website -

1596742448342.png

And here's a screenshot from an archived page -

1596742485250.png

Aug 20, 2020 at 1:37 AM Post #1,923 of 2,727
Pulled the Cascades from the shelf and started listening to electronic, mostly synthwave. Now I remember why I keep these despite the comfort issues. What an incredible sound these produce! I’m excited for Campfires successor.

0BA51E97-3500-44E7-AB6B-871047F2F971.jpeg
Hopefully, there'll be a successor. :)

The folks at Campfire appear to be committed full-time to their IEM offerings, though, and on occasion, cables.

Sep 10, 2020 at 3:45 PM Post #1,926 of 2,727
All's quiet on the Cascade front. Is everyone still enjoying their headphones? :)

Absolutely. In fact, I'm considering splurging on the 2020 model just to have an extra pair when finances allow it. My og pair has seen some better days cosmetically. I use them for travel, the coffee shop, outside on the porch, occasionally walking to/from work or the gym (but never in the gym). My friend's dog came over to violently greet me with tons of love and got caught in the wire and dragged them across some gravel for a few feet and they still work perfectly. In all honesty, these are hands down my favorite headphones of all time and I really love all the other cans in my collection. They're not perfect, but no headphone is or ever will be.

Sep 21, 2020 at 12:52 PM Post #1,930 of 2,727
Absolutely. In fact, I'm considering splurging on the 2020 model just to have an extra pair when finances allow it. My og pair has seen some better days cosmetically. I use them for travel, the coffee shop, outside on the porch, occasionally walking to/from work or the gym (but never in the gym). My friend's dog came over to violently greet me with tons of love and got caught in the wire and dragged them across some gravel for a few feet and they still work perfectly. In all honesty, these are hands down my favorite headphones of all time and I really love all the other cans in my collection. They're not perfect, but no headphone is or ever will be.
If you're getting the 2020 model, be sure to check if the package includes the 4 acoustic dampeners. It appears that these are gradually being phased out.

Sep 26, 2020 at 3:58 PM Post #1,931 of 2,727
What's up everyone,
I LOVED the Campfire Audio Atlas, and I'm hearing that these headphones have a similar sound signature.

I'm tempted to buy them, but I'm reading that there are comfort issues?

Sep 26, 2020 at 4:26 PM Post #1,932 of 2,727
What's up everyone,
I LOVED the Campfire Audio Atlas, and I'm hearing that these headphones have a similar sound signature.

Like the Atlas, the Cascade has a full-bodied sound coupled with a robust low-end presence. If you enjoy this signature, the Cascade is a good choice, IMO.

I've never heard of any comfort issues, though. I can wear this headphone for a couple of hours without experiencing any discomfort.

Sep 26, 2020 at 6:49 PM Post #1,933 of 2,727
What's up everyone,

Some people didn’t find the headband comfortable, but the new cascades have a slightly changed headband.
If you get one and don’t like it the headband is doing steel and accepts bending it very well, I made some posts about this awhile ago. Ken even confirmed bending the headband causes no issues.

Edit* if it was the earpads your worried about there are larger earpads some people liked more

Last edited:
Sep 26, 2020 at 6:56 PM Post #1,934 of 2,727
Some people didn’t find the headband comfortable, but the new cascades have a slightly changed headband.
If you get one and don’t like it the headband is doing steel and accepts bending it very well, I made some posts about this awhile ago. Ken even confirmed bending the headband causes no issues.

Edit* if it was the earpads your worried about there are larger earpads some people liked more

I just purchased a used 2020 version, so I'm hoping the improved headband will be just fine. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back